Stolen laptop :(

So last year on my birthday of June the 30th, (also coming up again) I had been robbed of all my stuff when I was moving... the girl is still "friends" with me until I surprise her with court... but I'm trying to win her over by getting an invite over to her house before I can attempt at getting my data/laptop back...

So now my only concern is if my data on the laptop will still be recoverable, after a year, and after she upgraded to windows 10... (from 7)...

I'm gonna try my best at avoiding a Break and Enter, but can't promise... (no criminal record to date yet), but if I must get one, I'd gladly to have a shot at recovering my family photos and 5+ years of photography work (hadn't had a chance at backing up)...

Additional info : I knew her for a decade, and she claims to have used the thousands of dollars worth of items for travel... because "been putting off seeing my dad for 4 years now". Shake my head... She also had a drug user BF at the time, that ended up O.D.ing and her loosing her twins in a miscarriage not long ago. Karma (nah I don't take reward in that, as it wasn't directly by my hands...)

additional-additional: the value she basically robbed from me was over 3 grand... plus she broke a few electric scooters that I wanna attempt at having her man up too... if the courts see it fit... I was led to believe she would reimburse me for that one too... She made no attempt. I did get with her friend for over half a year that she didn't exactly approve of... mostly because she was trans, and she herself had an eye on me at the time... but she sleeps around to much...

ITT: op doesn't get any data back and leaves all the necessary evidence for him to get jailed instantly

why would you still be friends with her even if you know she stole, and she knows you know she stole, thousands of dollars worth of your stuff to sell for her own enjoyment?

why didn't you just call the police? you're seriously trying to warm up to her to get yourself invited to her house so you can reverse case the joint for your stuff back? thats fucking stupid mate, she can probably prove at this point that the laptop is hers just using common law.

dude you know since its been a year, its actually her laptop now.

If you stole it back you could actually be charged with theft. because (as far as I can tell) it was never reported stolen a year ago, so its basically finders keepers after a period of time. And if she was the "finder" and "keeper" and it likely has all her data on it now, she is the rightful owner by common law.

I can't think of anyway you could prove it was stolen from you unless you actually filed a police report when it happened. Even if you have all the serial number information and a reciept for purchase, there is no way to prove it doesn't currently belong rightfully to her.

Its not like a car where the title has to change hands. If you sold it to her, and then harassed her a year later saying she stole it, you get arrested for harassment. If thats her story than you will have no legal leverage whatsoever

OP here, yeah I did the poliece thing, but since they said that they cannot get involved as it's a "Cival matter" I have to take it to court... She stole all this only after a month of holding onto the items, she claimed she was being forced to move out, not that that is an excuse for her actions... she has to take responsibilities for her actions, and the courts and or myself will do our best to provide justice... (sorry that I didn't include that bit earlier, needed to vent still after all this time.)

That said, I believe I was told no matter after how long, data can still be recovered... I was worried for a bit when my one tech savvy friend suggested the more data that's put on to the HDD - that the more data becomes unrecoverable... Not sure if he's got out dated info though... Times always changing...

the fuck nigga, you should have bashed her face in the day it happened and take your stuff back
it's her stuff now

Additional info : op is the ultimate cuck

-t. Cuck

OP here again with an edit :

>>why would you still be friends with her even if you know she stole, and she knows you know she stole, thousands of dollars worth of your stuff to sell for her own enjoyment?

Because it's the fastest solution than waiting for a court case which then might have the laptop sold on me by then/break down... And if court doesn't pan out, then I'll take the necessary step to follow what court didn't provide up, I'd like to think.

>>why didn't you just call the police? you're seriously trying to warm up to her to get yourself invited to her house so you can reverse case the joint for your stuff back? thats fucking stupid mate, she can probably prove at this point that the laptop is hers just using common law. Did the police thing. Almost got them more than angry at me for calling them up so frequently about the matter when it first happened... My mistake was that I told them the details on what happened... when i SHOULD had simply said she robbed me at gun point. (or something.) Hardly any sympathy given - given the situation she put me and herself in... Every week or so I wake up since that point and grind my teeth about it and tell myself she'll get what she gets eventually...

What the fuck

Dude, what?
Your story is like half missing.

just get the laptop, and smash her in the face with it.

> So now my only concern is if my data on the laptop will still be recoverable, after a year, and after she upgraded to windows 10...
No chance if she deleted it

>>the fuck nigga, you should have bashed her face in the day it happened and take your stuff back
it's her stuff now

Would had if I knew it wouldn't get me charged/criminal recordget, and I still can do all this after the court fails me (prepare for the worst my nig, right ?)

Also sorry for accidentally adding the green to my own quote, dang it.

sorry to say bro but your data is probably lost.

good luck.

>Because it's the fastest solution
nah nigga, the fastest solution would be
>remove dildo from your ass
>get to her house
>grab her by the throat with one hand
>demand your shit back
>use the other hand to punch her
>grab your shit, punch again, spit on her whore face, and bolt out of there
>put the butt plug back in
>...
>if the cops come ask, you say you spend the day shitposting on Sup Forums, we would corroborate
but this should have been done on D day
now you can just continue to ride that plastic dick alone

Stop copying and pasting thread from somewhere else.

So, the moral of this thread is to steal expensive computers from pedos since they will never report it to the police fearing arrest for CP?

Call her parents and tell them that she stole from you. If that doesn't work, call or message her other family and friends and tell them that she is a nigger. Also, there's a very high chance you can recover some data. Also, if it's a mac then there is an ID embedded in the firmware so you can prove you bought it.

figured out how to reply properly.. (forgot had to click the numbers). It's a windows... spent two grand on it when I had credit... now I'm on disability.

Called her parents from the start, her mom's a bitch, basically saying she's an adult; she can handle thing herself. Then when I come over to her place (at her mothers house on the property) her mom asks her daughter (the thief) if she needed a hand... (ONLY after I showed up in person with my lady friend)... But my ex tells me they are the sort of people that only listen to threats, supposedly... but I've done as much as I can do in that field, little short of telling them to THEIR FACE about court... But if that happens, her mom has big bucks.... owns a lot of land, and me only receiving 600 a month does make me fear being crushed in court... even WITH the truth and evidence on myself... you know?

Burn her house kiddo

Damn it that's what I was thinking... Then I also remembered they have audio and camera surveillance, so I'd have to be sneaky at night if I went that route... they also have a big dog that's fairly vicious and barks a lot. Their place isn't all that fenced in mind ya... and the dog's normally cooped up in the main house...