Convince me to start learning python. Also, how much difference is there between 2.7 and 3?

Convince me to start learning python. Also, how much difference is there between 2.7 and 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.0.html
automatetheboringstuff.com/
jetbrains.com/pycharm/buy/#edition=commercial
jetbrains.com/pycharm/
jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/download-thanks.html?platform=linux&code=PCC
jetbrains.com/pycharm/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just learn 3 if you are starting out

The reasons to learn python:

easy
tons of modules for interacting with many programs
95% chance whatever you're doing has already been done and posted online

Easy to learn, easy to maintain because great readability, many libraries.
There are some differences between 2.7 and 3.X but if you learn one of them you can easy adapt to the other one.

>Also, how much difference is there between 2.7 and 3?
docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.0.html

1. Easy to learn
2. Easy to learn
3. Easy to learn
99. Not a bad programming language

It's an incredibly easy to learn language.
Everything just wekrs.
While slow, having the ability to write less code to do more is great since you can always port it to something faster like C++.
There's a module for everything, but this isn't necessarily a good thing.
It's actually a good programming language.

With PyPy speed shouldn't be a problem, as long as performance isn't crucial for the task(s) the program/script performs.

Learn Python. 0.3.

OP here, convinced.
How easy/hard will the jump to CS/C++/Java be, coming from python?

I've got three versions of Eclipse: one for Java, one for C++, and one for javascript, php, etc.

Which one should I install PyDev on? The Java one?

I feel that the jump from C to anything is incredibly easy, but the jump from Python to another language might be a little weird.

very, start with C#, Java or C++ and then learn Python, I did that, started with C#, Java and learned C++ in 3 months after that, Python, I learned on the weekends just for fun.

Im not trashing it, its great lang, its just better to start with the others.

none
use pycharm

Why? (OP)

this, I did it the other way around and its a pain in the ass

Its syntax.

Can one learn Python from absolute scratch besides the fact of being good at only using a computer/software ?

Would you recommend Intellij, WebStorm, CLion and PHPStorm too?

It's fun and quite easy to grasp. . I'm a n00b and already made something besides hello world

>hasn't even begun learning to program
>already thinking about other languages

You'll give up after 5 days of not being able to create a videogame anyway.

>buy IDE

Python has some quirks that can make learning something like C/C++/Java (fuck Java tho) somewhat of an adjustment (e.g. indentation actually matters, variables don't have a declared type, for loops only use iterables, weird OO)

Personally though I still think it's a great way to learn a useful language and jumpstart an interest in programming

Have a free EBook:
automatetheboringstuff.com/

pycharm is free you cuck

jetbrains.com/pycharm/buy/#edition=commercial

If you start out don't "just learn 3" learn 2 first, if you only learn 3 there is a big chance you have no fucking clue what'S going on "under the hood"

jetbrains.com/pycharm/

>Full-fledged Professional or Free Community
>Free Community

kys

twat

jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/download-thanks.html?platform=linux&code=PCC

How's that? (not OP, just wondering)

jetbrains.com/pycharm/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html

If you want to learn, then yes.

USE VIM!!!!

Ok and? Community edition is plenty for a beginner (or even a non-beginner if they don't need the webcuck features)

fuck off, use emacs instead of this trash OP

haha, it's almost as if you should kys or something!

>kys
Unacceptable leddit faggotry.

>Can one learn Python from absolute scratch besides the fact of being good at only using a computer/software ?

Yes.

The only way you would know that is if you browsed reddit, you cuck

>kys
Kill yourselves.

I first saw it on YouTube, fuck if I know whatever reddit does.

Careful guise, thread is derailing.

don't listen to these retards install atom, join the church of atom

Python is great. It's my go-to language for anything I need to do anymore. It's just so easy to bang something out that does the job you need done.

Good idea

Don't listen to people who tell you to use IDE. Use a text editor.

If you need a job: C/C++/C# and Swift.

Why? (op)

An I IDE gives you an error before you even start typing. You might think this is great but it bad practice. Use your command line and a text editor. Get familiar with the errors. Know what python is trying to say, not the IDE.

>having to sign a privacy policy for an IDE

yeah i can see that. i learnt java first and the jump to c was easy in some ways but a pain in others (memory, pointers, having to do so much shit manually).

and Java. everywhere uses java and it is like lego programming as you just click premade shit together and earn £80k for doing it.

java is the language you use if you dont really like programming for a living but you hate it less than doing any other kind of job.