Bravo Intel

Bravo Intel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgy5fX-VPCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based Intel. Now I can tell my mom to by my storage that's rated Double X, eat shit poorfags!

I'm getting a headache trying to read this.

What's the point of optane anyway? When controllers and interfaces aren't up to the speed of teh NAND yet?

so its 10x slower than dram?

Just wait until controllers are sucking down 30W

>look, my 8 core ARM SSD controller uses more power than your main 15W ULV CPU!
>haha nerd!

>THEY FELL FOR THE NAND SSD MEME

They told us last year it was going to be out this year. Where the fuck is xPoint?

It took me 30s to decipher the meaning of this image.

Yes, and 40 years ago they said we'd have smarter-than-human-AI in 20 years.

Do you have some mental impairment?

I just woke up. Coffee still setting in.
It's a pretty retarded graphic though, the axes are flipped, and it should be a bar graph.

No one should take AI predictions seriously. Same thing with fusion being forever 20 years away.

>It's a pretty retarded graphic though
It is, yeah.

Retarded graphs thread?
Retarded graphs thread.

I don't get it.

Holy shit these jews actually came up with a way to make something that's 10x slower than something else look like it's only 2x slower, while technically not cheating

WHAT KIND OF AUTISTIC CHART IS THIS

I CAN'T READ IT

I bet my dick this is some audiophile shit

Do I even want to know how much a PLATINUM STARLIGHT 7 cable costs?

This cannot be real.

>cable design: DNA helix
or just twisted pair?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgy5fX-VPCs

You can't make this shit up

No, dumbass. Everybody knows that for optimal velocidensity, your USB cable must have 6 conductors, allowing 8 simultaneous signal paths in a single helix.

And it's only $550 for a 0.5m cable!

That $550 cable has $85.65 of platinum in it.

Wait no, I'm retarded. What I meant to say was, that if the interior cable was made of platinum, it would be worth $85.65.

so where'd the other $450 go?

Snake oil distillation

It's great that we're getting this ultra fast storage, but it would be even better if these guys were actually able to demonstrate the fucking performance properly.
2GB/s is achievable with the NVMe drives we already have.

I have a feeling that we're in for a disappointment and that the tech is nowhere near as finished as they'd like for it to be.

why the massive drop on left side?

I get 1GBPS already with just 2 SSD's in raid0 if I added another 2 I'd get those speeds probably would cost less too, kek

So how expensive is this stuff compared to NAND?

this. my (now broken, whoops) laptop gets 5gb/s with it's pcie ssd raid configuration. I think the cheapest you can get a laptop that does this is $1500-1700USD, so normies will be getting these speeds in the next decade

Thermal throttling.

Not even memeing Samsung's 950 Pro SSDs are housefire tier.

What about the storage/price?

Nope, the cache buffer is full.

Yeah for now dipshit. SSDs weren't always as fast and as cheap as they are today.

There were hard drives shitting all over SSD sequential write speeds in the beginning too, cheaper and more space.

Anything from 1.11 to 99 times slower according to picrelated.

I thought it was a pretty informative graph actually.

DRAM latency is in nanoseconds, xpoint latency is in tens of nanoseconds, nand latency is in tens of microseconds and hard drive latency is in tens of milliseconds.

Graph is fine. Most of the Sup Forums "understands" only something like nowadays though.

Even when the 950 overheats, it doesn't throttle that slow.

It would have been fine if it was good for anything other than jewing on people.

I guess it really is summer.

And apple just released a new FS that focus flash/ssd storage.
Good job apple.

Yeah but you need a new chipset and a xeon and it will be fitted into a ram slot so what's the point?

Nope. That was an option they were talking about for enterprise last year. Just yesterday they announced m.2 and PCIe form factors. It's like you're really a retard.

Audophiles are mentally ill.

And VR