Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIFE7h3m40U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_input_methods_for_computers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cangjie_input_method
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Needs more emojis.

Texting just got even more obnoxious.

Who the fuck even does this?

Why not just send the actual English words you typed? Does this functionality exist simply to make you more insufferable to everyone you come in contact with?

How do I get this?

100% useless unless Android and Windows client is in the works.

I hope "nigga" brings up the monkey emoji

that would be epic bantz for apple

Emojis still show on other OSs

Cringed

it's so easy to be an Apple dev. just think of the gaudiest fagshit you can think of and bring it to reality, the fans will lap it up eagerly.

KEKEK you are FUNNEH

mind if i share that post on my twitter?

The same people who want $15 an hour to flip burgers at McDonald's while needing pictures of the food on their cash registers because they can't do simple math.

Degenerating back to logograms. Fucking hell

>implying anyone of any importance or value uses android or windows phone

btw the screenshot is showing imessage, which is a very successful and widely adopted apple only software, so remind me why they would need an android or windows client?

>smiley
why is this allowed?

To bring more people to Apple's ecosystem.

I can safely say that if someone sent me text messages like that I would ignore it.

but a "good" argument to have an Android port for iMessage is "no more green bubbles"

So "niggerdick heart" should convert to this?

anyone that texts me in hieroglyphics will be blocked.

What the fuck is that? An Android emoji?

Windows actually

You'd be surprised how many people use that.

>Mfw cant into fairy tale
"To have a hairy heart" is a (somewhat dated) wizarding idiom, meaning that somebody is cold and unfeeling. It stems from the fairy taleThe Warlock's Hairy Heart, in which awarlockusesDark Magicto cut out his own heart and make himself invulnerable to love. Separated from his body, the heart shrivels and grows hair.

But the emoji is defined as "yellow heart."
Hairy or not, they couldn't even get the color right.

you know what was fucking hilarious?

when they were demoing the emoji replacement thing writing a congratulatory text for the woman's sister or whatever, and the bald guy was like "use the upside down smiley!" and the woman was like "um... no. let's use [some other one]".

if you're familiar with how young people use emojis, the upside down smile is generally used as a sort of sarcastic smile. it was just perfect that apple didn't seem to have a clue about the culture of the people that use emojis in the first place, and that interaction was like a microcosm of that disconnect.

i know you're all going to brush this off or something, but on the heels of that research paper about different emoji having different meanings, and emojis being ambiguously interpretable in the first place, it sort of speaks to how poorly apple really understands its users these days.

cram in the features and the plebs will flock

work the rest out later

>English """""""""""""""""""""language"""""""""""""""""""""

hey bro your keyboard is broken

It was fixed Android 5.0+.

>Degenerating
The most spoken language in the world is a logogram.

your attempt to pretend to look like you know something about linguistics was undercut by your apparent thinking that language "degenerates". nobody in linguistics or any social field thinks of things as reverting, nor has anyone in ~50 years.

what a useless piece of shit. ToyOS has gone even toyer

Fucking Verizon messenger does this on Android

>Verizon messenger
lol okay.

>apple monkeys need pictures to communicate.
Is it too hard for you to read a proper sentence?

>iToddlers
>knowing how to read

You expect too much. This is a handicap/accessibility feature.

Thank God literally nobody I know uses emoji, except for maybe the heart.

Hey, I remember this keyboard!

>Text is universal
>Emojis are proprietary
>Let's convert text to emojis
>And the sheeple are buying it

I want the tech bubble to burst.

Looks like Idiocracy is coming true sooner than expected.

My galaxy s5 has done this for over 2 years

Ironic how a company that use a symbol that represents knowledge, ends up being the harbringer of idiocracy.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIFE7h3m40U

me pretty soon

Lol

Jesus fuck, can we send this meme out to the backyard and blow it's brains out yet

the symbol doesn´t represent knowledge it represents the devouring of kowledge

this is for faggots and retards

>ITT: no fun allowed

Seriously. People use text messaging in a lighthearted manner. You know, with their friends. Their actual, real life friends. Get over it.

>Apple wanted to sell iPhones in Japan
Emojis, emoticons, smiley faces, whatever the fuck you want to call them have been around for a lot longer than iPhones. This is why millenials are so shitty, of all the generations theirs act like they're the only one.

>And by the way, if anyone out there suggests using Linux, uh, no.
This guy's a complete faggot.

>if anyone out there suggests using Linux, uh, no
this was his reasoning for not using linux

>because it's got a much smaller userbase, the solution to bodging things tends towards "download and compile this obscure bit of code that only works on one distro", rather than "download this thing from years ago that'll still work because backwards compatibility". Not always -- but often!

What's light-hearted in typing a word, then tapping smiley-face button for a text parser to recognise and highlight the words, then tap those words to replace with a ideogram that there is no guarantee that it will convey the same meaning or even be able to be displayed in the recipients device?

I don't get you people! I bet you use the canned responses too.

>Why do you say no to Linux, Mr. Scott?
>I'll put this here, as several people have asked the question: because it's got a much smaller userbase, the solution to bodging things tends towards "download and compile this obscure bit of code that only works on one distro", rather than "download this thing from years ago that'll still work because backwards compatibility". Not always -- but often!

He's mentally disabled, it seems.

It represents the knowlegde of good and evil.

It's fun and whimsical. Some people like to do something other than type out exactly what they mean. But you autists wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

and most chinese can barely read or write. Your point is?

Fuck. Even more texts full of empty boxes and question marks, that will cause me to totally misunderstand what the fuck she is trying to say.

Am I glad that I dont have many iOS using friends and that I am off the tinder train now.

What's whimsical about it?
You already typed the word ffs!

What's fun about it?
Sending an original picture you created or a friend created can be fun but sending the code of a proprietary curated list of ideograms?

I don't get it.
Even smileys can get original because you can make your own variations on the fly, e.g.
:) :-) :^) 8^) ;^P o_O 0_0 etc

And smileys can be read on any device without the need for proprietary non-standard fonts.

There is nothing original about emojis

666 has no mathematical significance or interesting properties.

It's also a number name for Julius Cesar, dubbed the "root of all evil" by early Christians because of Rome kicking ass and conquering their homelands and much of the known world at the time. The early Christians were a political group.

Apple confirmed for degeneracy
t. Sup Forums

>and most chinese can barely read or write
Yet it's still the most spoken and read language in the world.

I'm not necessarilly advocating the use of emojis, but I do think that logographic languages are at the very least more efficient in terms of script. Typing or writing out eight letters for "umbrella" is not as simple as "傘".

I'm pretty sure smiles are standardized and not proprietary. I am against the idea of using them in conversation.

>666 has no mathematical significance or interesting properties
Except the one people give it, of course.
>The early Christians were a political group.
>were

I doubt most of you have friends that would convert text like this so there's nothing really to mad about.

I must retract the typing part, since I have no idea how the hell moonspeak is even typed.

>single mom with an iphone
osx dropped

>Typing or writing out eight letters for "umbrella" is not as simple as "傘".
But how do you actually get this symbol?
Because the only ways I can think of, is either typing some representation of it, that consists of multiple elements (so again, having to type more than one letter), fucking around with multiple levels of ALT or a monstrosity like pic related, where I would argue that the time required for actually moving your finger to the position of the word you want to type takes longer than typing this word in english on a 30something letter keyboard.

see
I was just thinking about this myself. So how the hell do they type?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_input_methods_for_computers
Uh, I guess they learn English...

>inb4 they make all the keyboards yet don't have one

>He doesn't use emojis to get girls

Applel is trying to turn English into a logograph based language like Chinese.

So there is 49 keys with 4 possible symbols each, making for 200 symbols, of which we have to remove 50, because they are lating or numbers, leaving us with 150 possible symbols, for which you will have to press up to three modifiers.
So
a) in most cases, you have to press more than just one key for the symbol you want, because modifiers
b) how the hell do you get all the other thousands of symbols not in your 150 base symbols?

They might be planning on brining imessage to android tho, supposedly.

Probably just rumors.

I'm only familiar with some Japanese and Korean input methods, and gave the wikipedia article above a cursory look. the keyboard appears to be for the Canjie input method, if not possible others too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cangjie_input_method

The symbols are root characters, most of the 50000 Chinese characters are composed of some combination of them. There's a bit more involved than that, but just accept that as so for now. You can think of these roots as letters, so to compose a complex character, you just enter its component roots.
To type 明 you'd hit the A and B keys, notice 日 and 月 are on those keys. To enter 㫛, you'd hit A(日), R(口), and -(儿) ... maybe, Canjie seems to be just the lower-left symbols on the keys, the others might be for other input methods (notice 日 also appears on the D key, but the right side.)
There's a particular order in which these roots are written, so as the computer gets more input, it can narrow down the possible candidates.

That's the basic idea of one input system.

>you already typed out the words completely
>change them to emojis

Probably faster than switching back & forth between keyboards while you type.

it already kind of IS on windows phones
just activate "word suggestions" or what it's called
everytime you type a word it suggests other words or if there is an emoji for it it suggests to replace the word with an emoji or simply append it

but it's a le new ebic feature on le iPhone xd
praise the stephen ebble jobs

Isn't the poi t of these things so you don't have to type the words in the first place?

Like on my iOS6 3GS Japanese keyboard?

I guess?
look for yourself

>Hello, want to go to the ?
guess if you have a neuro implant that's possible
otherwise no
OR it has the ultimate botnet that knows what you want before you say or type it out

This might be true for burgerkkklapistan but yurop seems to have way less iphones. More android.

wow this is triggering af