Windows 10 will be the last windows

>Windows 10 will be the last windows
Is microsoft talking a load of shit? They can't just upgrade windows 10 perpetually. Will everyone just switch to linux when 10 is deprecated?

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2418619/windows-10-will-reach-end-of-life-on-14-october-2025
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>apple stopped at OS #10
>microsoft finally catches up 15 years later and stops also
wew lad

too bad it stopped on such shit gui tho.

They say it is the final version, but the end of life date isn't much different from the end of life date of Windows 7 and 8.

Basic support will end in 2020 and extended support in 2025. Which is only 2 years after Windows 8.

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2418619/windows-10-will-reach-end-of-life-on-14-october-2025

Will everyone switch to linux?

Nobody will

Yeah MacOS does have a shitty fisher price gui look to it.

What part of rolling release do you no understand?

Maybe by 2025 it'll finally be usable

dont you know, HURR DURRR WINDOWS IS OVAR

i mean i agree with the decision

somebody post that picture of the windows design guy ranting about dogfooding & stuff though

Well linux would win if it could bring out linux 11, but it doesnt have that yet, checkmate linux guys.

Chuckled

Gentoo is already usable, but ubuntu is probably a lost cause. Maybe devuan will take over.

That's when Microsoft plans on announcing that Windows will be a service with annual fees to use.

> using a DE in 2016

>Windows is on version 10
>Linux is only on version 4.7
Checkmate, atheists.

kill yourself moron....ever since when is having many versions a synonym of a good operating system???

Nobody is going to switch, consumers will eat everything with correct marketing.

I suppose you are counting windows vista in the vast number of great ideas microsoft has had...hahahahaha

Ubuntu is version 16.04...

and what is that shit about microsoft buying linkedin???? it is all about controlling everything....fuck corporate america

well, how many desktops are windows versus linux?

you must be fun at parties

sorry but the stink of cock in your mouth makes this unbearable...

who's dick r u sucking now? bill's???

>sorry but the stink of cock in your mouth makes this unbearable...

Apple did it. Seems to be working fine for them.

There hasn't been a really *NEW* Windows since NT.

correct marketing ha??? or do you mean misinform ed consumers?

Is this the real reason why they called it 10 and not 9?

microsoft still enjoys revenue from its x-box sales but is clearly on its way to extinction when it comes to personal computers...it is already happening on the internet...

Yes everything in the CLOUD.

Fuck you. Linux is love Linux is l-life...

nah, lots of legacy programs parsed the windows version for "begins with 9" basically to detect if it was a non-nt system. so if they named it 9 internally in code/reporting via api it could potentially fuck up programs that have been running just fine for nearly 2 decades. so they called it 10.

> autism kicks in

Yet again they appear to be ripping off Apple. OSX has been around for how long now?

Just wait until Apple launches OSXI - Microsoft will come out with Windows 11 - Subscription Boogaloo Edition.

Or... they could've called it Windows Nine. Or Windows IX. Or Windows

Holy shit yes finally they'll stop wasting people's time with new UIs

Or 09. Not that it matter anyway because the internal name doesn't need to match the visible name.

What happens if you change to windows 10? are people here using it?

i know, right? even Windows ME was better at version 4.9

>they cant just upgrade 10 perpetually

Rolling release retard