Why is Apple going crazy about USB-C and all the Apple fanboys seem to support the decision...

Why is Apple going crazy about USB-C and all the Apple fanboys seem to support the decision, when literally all devices are still on the old USB?

What is the point in having a "future-proof" device if it's not present-proof?

Other urls found in this thread:

infoworld.com/article/2692408/data-security/badusb-is-deadly-but-hackers-wont-use-it.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aesthetics

>when literally all devices are still on the old USB

This isn't true, at all.

Apple is pushing technology forward. It will and always has been a painful process, but they're the only company that can do it and we should be thanking them for it.

>What is the point in having a "future-proof" device if it's not present-proof?

USB C is the present.

Someone has to take the first step user.

Type-c is supposed to be a more efficient way to charge your phone and transfer data. Not sure how accurate that assumption is though

It's not just Apple, friend

Type-c is objectively a great move and people who dont have it will be left behind. Most of what apple does is bullshit but the type c connector is great.

Im looking to upgrade from my note 4 but if the 7 doesn't have type c and the screen resolution is the same there will be no point.

Also every new motherboard I see has at least one of these ports bound to one of the fastest ports on the board. That will grow with the upcoming generation of boards.

>present proof
The fuck does that mean

Type c is just the connector. Type a being the old one and type b being the one you see connecting printers and other devices like that.

The version is what matters in speed and yes 3.0 was faster 3.1 is even faster. Plus they are adding power to charge these things faster.

The connector and the version are independent however.

I do agree that introducing USB-C is a good move, but why the fuck get rid of USB-A ports altogether? There are still plenty of devices that have it.

>The fuck does that mean
It means that people have USB sticks that they might want to plug in to your computer, it means that the majority of devices sold in stores nowadays has USB-A connectors, and it means that removing functionality for no reason whatsoever is retarded.

99.9% of all USB devices aren't USB-C compatible. That's not the present.

Just get a fucking adapter if it bothers you so much.
No point in adding a pointless extra port.

Apple has forever been willing to fuck people over and force them into upgrading this is hardly the worst time.

I still have people asking me why they have trouble getting photos from old versions of the phone onto new ones and its because apple is willing to make the new photo shit less backwards compatible.

Also outside of apple youll see a mix. The phone however doesnt really get multiple options.

This.

>No point in adding a pointless extra port.
Exactly. Remove USB-C.

Just get a fucking adapter if it bothers you so much.

Micro-USB used in modern Android phones is garbage of the highest caliber. It is designed to break. I buy a new cord every 3-6 months. Don't know if USB-C is better but Micro-USB needs to go.

>remove a connector who can finally unify the fuck fest that is the diverse range of USB connectors
>because of autism

USB C is objectively better than the previous standard.
Why on earth would you get an adapter to micro usb and not the other way around? You'd just be missing out on features.
You are retarded.

Because people who dont understand technology are impressed by shit like a new port user. Which is most of apples customers.

Also type a cant die fast enough I am tired of flipping usbs over trying to get them in especially on the back of a computer in the dark.

Ive never broken one and I have a note 4 since launch among other android phones.

Sure, I'll just get adapters for all of my devices and carry them with me everywhere I go because MUH FUTURE. That sure sounds like a great idea, Anons! Thanks.

An adapter with several USB-A ports

Done

In the future your devices will be USBC, dipshit

Do you still complain about no CD drives too?

>carry them
Poor you, how fucking hard must it be to carry a 2mm adapter that you can just leave plugged in a forget about.

>In the future your devices will be USBC, dipshit

Yes they will. But now they are not.

I don't live in the future, you fucking retard. That's the whole point.

>i'm a fucking manlet who also is whinny
Kek, fucking manlets, when they learn?

Then just wait for the massification of USB-C, dipshit.
It's not like some force it's forcing you to buy a USB-C only laptop today.

>Why is Apple going crazy about USB-C
I don't know, I wish they would stop. MagSafe should never go anywhere. In fact, they should make MagSafe ports double as a Thunderbolt connection for docking. USB-C is cancer.

Because "muh innovation"
They want to be first with supporting it so Apple sheep can say that when everyone else supports it, they can say they copied Apple.

Shitpost

> usb3.1-c exists therefore we can't put a usb 3.1-a on it, which has the same transfer speed

The whole point it's that you just hate Apple products. And you hate the fact they are "leading" a trend who will be the norm in some years.

Pointing out shitpost is also shitposting

>Why is Apple going crazy about USB-C
because they can

Watch me give a fuck

How do YOU think the transition should go then?

2016 Macs:
2 USB-A ports, 2 USB-C ports

2018-19 Macs:
4 USB-C ports

problem solved

Good plan. 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports, 2 USB-A 3.1 ports. Problem solved.

Leave MagSafe charger alone at least.

apple sucks
where is my rs232?

People would already have to buy new equipment to take advantage of the 3.1-A speeds though. If they're going to buy equipment again, they should be buying it in USB-C to reduce fragmentation.

Honestly who even uses USB on laptops anymore? Not for webcams or microphones, since those are built-in. Cloud storage and networked drives are making USB drives less and less relevant. Bluetooth is a better way to connect mice.

You're already carrying around peripherals you probably don't need anyway, so why are you complaining about a little adapter?

They'll only have one type c port.
So you'll have to buy their special hubs and adapters.

Also to force you into
>muh cloudy cloud

The question you should be asking is why usb c over thinderbolt like they already packaged into the iphone

They probably are not including USB-A in their latest Macbooks and Macbook Pros because this will pressure manufacturers to create more USB-C peripherals.

Isn't USB C the same as TB3?

Yes, but the iPhone uses Lightning. USB-C should absolutely NOT replace Lightning, it's a far more durable connector. USB-C is a fine replacement connector for Thunderbolt, though, since TB2 is using miniDP.

>The future

Name one reason why the masses will adopt USB-C. Think about it real hard bb

looks like a scary component mouth with teeth

No, if they did that, then everybody would just ignore the USB-C ports for as long as they can and cry like a bitch like you are right now when they finally get rid of them entirely. There is no nice and smooth strategy with things like that, either you do it right or you don't. Apple is probably the only manufacturer out there that knows how it's done.

Except they don't, making literally all the ports USB-C is fucking retarded.

>apple cable
>durable
tops keksemjejmao

Good reading comprehension, I bet your teachers were impressed with you.

There is no other way. The transition is pretty simple anyway, in the worst case you need to buy two adapters, which is really no big deal at all.

Because Thunderbolt for everyone or something. Which I'm okay with.

>There is no other way.
Yes, there is. USB-C for charging is shit, not having at least an HDMI port is shit. USB-C for USB and TB3, fine, but NO other connectivity? Stupid. Especially removing MagSafe, which was quite literally one of the best features of the MacBooks.

Apple has the chance to unify all connectors once and for all. In five years, nobody will question this any longer and nobody will care that they had to use an adapter sometimes for a year or so. You can of course continue living in the past if you wish, I don't care.

>not having at least an HDMI port is shit.
why?
what device are you plugging in that has a male HDMI connector permanently attached to it?

wait what, apple doesn't have usb type c? Even my nexus 6p has.

>apple goes crazy over usb-c
>the new keyboard and mouse recharge with a lightning cable

this does not make sense

Yeah, Apple is the first step
And the nexus 6 absolutely did not have a C port

There are two lies in this reply

TB3 ports are retro-compatible with USB-C but the other way around isn't necessarily true.

>Apple has the chance to unify all connectors once and for all.
And they shouldn't. At the very least keep MagSafe, if not HDMI.
Projectors, TVs, etc.

Remember Firewire?

because it's circular, USB devices are ubiquitous because USB support is ubiquitous and USB support is ubiquitous because USB devices are ubiquitous. Nobody wants to push the technology forward

You need someone with a lot of clout to break the cycle and smaller companies are afraid to do that because of the risk

USB c is great on my Android

Nor did the nexus 5x apparently

Nokia and Jolla got the idea going first, and USB type C is objectively superior, dingus.

with your HDMI

infoworld.com/article/2692408/data-security/badusb-is-deadly-but-hackers-wont-use-it.html

Because it's a way of forcing an upgrade.

Installed Windows 10 yet?

your tv has a male hdmi connector?

What the hell is your point?

You can just use a different cable.
As you would with mini-HDMI

>You can just use a different cable.
But I don't want to when I already have HDMI cables, especially in places you can't just change the cable like a conference room.

So, what's your argument against MagSafe?

>Apple is probably the only manufacturer out there that knows how it's done.

Lol, nigga you dumb.

Cash in on hardware refresh and then on selling adapters (bonus points if you need one just to charge your lappy while using the sole port).

Double whammy.