Is your body ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

sagernotebook.com/GTX-980-G-SYNC/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MUH GAYMEN LAHPTAHP
MOMMY BUY ME ONE

sagernotebook.com/GTX-980-G-SYNC/

>Gaming laptop

Please change your cargo pants roger and get more good boy points for your tendies.

>17'3
Might as well kill yourself with that slab.

you wanted a gaming laptop. are you going to play games in public? are you really that autistic.

you get these things to play at home and replace your desktop, not so you can play the latest call of duty in your uni classes.

op's choice has shit tier hardware compared to the sager, which features a fucking desktop grade 980

>you wanted a gaming laptop
No.

I wouldn't be seen in public typing on this thing. Anyone who wears this shit also doesn't regularly shower and wears cargo pants daily.

>Buy portable computer
>Leave it in one place

what's the 970m and i7 for then.

that's why you get this for playing at home and a 13" notebook with long battery live for typing in public.

>what is using it in bed or on the couch
fuck off gen Zer, i bet you only have a laptop and no desktop to compliment it

You are playing games that need a 980M while lying in bed?

> 970M
> Gaming Laptop

Pick one.

Seriously, the performance leap between a 3 or 4 gb 970M and an 8gb 980M is just huge.

Laptops with a 980M instead cost about £20 more usually and the performance jump on AAA games is monolithic.

If you're paying over £1500 you shouldn't have to settle.

>gaming laptops

the worst of both words

my thoughts exactly
I had a 980m on day one of its release with a clevo/sager laptop and it couldn't even be compared to my roommate's 970m laptop, and the price was negligible at that price range. people buying 970m laptops for anything more than 1100-1200 burger bucks no matter the finish or features in 2016 are literal cucks

>15" 1080p Ips panel overclockable to 100hz
>i7 6700k desktop class cpu at 4.2Ghz
>dual 970ms with the fans to keep them from thermal throttling
> two m.2 slots as well as two 2.5" bays

Mfw i just ordered this for 2300$ with my own money and it didnt break the bank.(barley)

Can anyone help me find a laptop with 6 hours+ battery life in office workloads but still has a GPU capable of playing FFXIV?
Even something like a 940m would do.

My laptop already surpasses that

but why? I understand the appeal "i can take it anywhere and game!" but i assure you it won't work out like that these things last 30mins to an hour off charge and that was when these things has 1080p screens, that one is 2k, even with the GPU off it'll last like 3-4 hours, pretty much useless for anything really. You'll find that you are always plugging it into the mains.

My advise, make a low form factor itx build with GPU mouted on the case with pcie extender, cut and build the case yourself make it a DIY job. Also make a slim LCD screen with kick back stand. This way you might actually have something to be proud of for once in your life.

It's not 2010 anymore you twats, ¨gaming¨ laptops can be now like any other laptop.
See:
>1.8kg, 18.9mm thin

What laptop do you have?

>i play video games

i want 17 year olds to leave

>970m
>m
Why bother? The gtx 980 is now available in mxm.

>battery life 10 mins
>mfw

>cares what others think about his laptop choice
You couldn't announce your virginity harder.

Alienware 17 r3

>Doesn't give a fuck how people think of him
>probably doesn't shower

Same to you retard

Sounds good.

$500 price is perfect too.

>make laptop with specs worse than xps 15
>use shit build quality to save money
>sell it as gamer laptop
>profit

Fucking finally gaymen laptop with minimalists design

10 hours

>10 hours
delusional

what laptop? how much does it weight?

>2 hour idle battery life
>overheats as it boots up

see

call me when it's affordable (less then $300)

>GPU alone is ~100W
>battery rated 94.24 Wh
>mfw it doesn't even last an hour while gaming
>mfw you think that it only draws 9.424W while operating
get off Sup Forums, just go.

look at this weakling numale manlet -- it makes me want to scowl thinking of our forebears who could lift trees and haul giant boulders from the sea to the mountain

my laptop is over 18" and it hardly places any tension on my well-toned man-arms

Hey I'm new and just making my first light fagmen pc but...

Isn't it a little retarded to pay so fucking much for an otherwise decent laptop with a 3GB GPU?
It is the [current year] and it seems extremely fucking outdated, like, are you serious?
I think these companies are just trying to unload this shit to make way for the new mGPU but I could be wrong.

you're always going to get jewed whatever you do

It is very retarded here is a list of reasons why
> price per performance is shit
> battery life whilst gaming is ~30mins
> you will have it plugged in almost all the time defeating the purpose
> gets way too hot unless you're looking for a way to make a full English breakfast on the go

If you want a powerful PC that you can tote around you should look for m-itx builds, these things will fit (just) in a backpack and use conventional desktop parts.

I thought so. Like someone said it's autistic as fuck to actually game in public, not a big deal but a laptop, really? When some nigger could just bix nood it when you're distracted? Getting up, starting to run, and tripping over your trenchcoat? Fuck.

Literally why wouldn't someone just build a nice micro/mini case to carry to meetups with twice the power? Shit.

beat me to it

>> battery life whilst gaming is ~30mins
Nobody is going to game on battery
>> you will have it plugged in almost all the time defeating the purpose
The battery life is about 10 hours for a normal use
>> price per performance is shit
Not everyone is a poor cunt like you, someone with a semi desent job can spend this every month, some people value more the mobility and/or size and are willing to pay more for it.
Why this is so hard to understand for autists?

>GAYMEN
>LAHPTAHP
Choose one

It's fucking illogical and wasteful for most of us.

I already get shit from a faggot that spends $2000 every couple years on a Macbook used for itunes and facebook. It's disgusting.

>no thunderbolt 3
no thunderbolt 3
>no thunderbolt 3
no thunderbolt 3
>no thunderbolt 3
no thunderbolt 3
>no thunderbolt 3
no thunderbolt 3

INTO THE TRASH

I don't think I have ever seen a gigabyte laptop in the wild. Is build quality acceptable?

You know, gaming laptops could be a great idea.

The problem lies in their using hardware built for desktops, which have to be constantly plugged in to work. they also waste money designing shit poorly. And they cost well over $1000.

I have an idea.

classic fucking small minded Sup Forums, always talkin shit about gaymen laptops. Here's a few reasons one might need a gaming laptop

>you have a s/o
some of us have significant others we like to play games with, and often those s/os tend to like to sit on beds and couches and other places.

>small place
Some of us have modestly sized living quaters and like to be able to game in an area that might not fit a traditional monitor and mouse/keyboard setup

>you travel
Some of us drive hundreds of miles a week from spot to spot for work, and don't feel like taking the mini itx build out of the car ever god damn time you want to play a game

>friends
Some of us have friends who come over often, and would like to them to be able to play games as well with us, while also having the utility of a laptop for personal use

Pull your fucking heads out your asses

The only problem I see with your laptop op, is that you're thinking of buying it now, when they're about to drop new mobile gpus for the first time in two years, and these mobile gpus might be full desktop gpus

you really think this thing lasts 10 hours with a 94 Wh battery? it's not even difficult maths, get the power draws for every component, if at idle they add up over 9.4W this thing will not last 10 hours AT IDLE. then get the TPDs at 10% load, and same deal. Then get it at 20% etc. I can tell you now the GPU uses more at idle than 9.4W. Even with the GPU off the screen probably eats more that 9.4W. The CPU? with the GPU off it needs to do that job too, that in itself is probably over 10W.

And if you want a final nail in your 10hour dream, a compute stick, that is a mobile CPU @ 1.3 Ghz with integrated graphics just barely drives a 1080p monitor with 10W TPD.

So NO it will not last 10 hours.

bitch my s/o and i switch between comfy recliner +tv and shitty desk chair+ROG swift, treat your s/o better.

both have PCs attached

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying here, for instance, my S/o plays on my sager, while I play on my desktop, she's not into anything too serious so the sager is perfect

the TV is for watching things too user. and the combo cheap build + cheap tv + reclining chair is probably less that the sager alone.

probably less than a macbook aswell, but people want what people want.

I guess the 10hours* are estimated for power saving mode when it under clock and undervolt the cpu and turn off the nvidia gpu and only use the intel one.

>thunderbolt
kek

yeah so 10 hours in potato mode, i'm sure that'll be fun. Just let this be a lesson to you for the future.

i guess, but you can still sell the better option even if someone insists they want something. The TV i have is great, 50 inch 1080p for ~$300 merribux, not even second hand mind you and we can both watch movies/tv, it's also great for study and uni work.

>5.5" 4096x2160 IPS AMOLED RETINA 4.5D display
>GeForce GTXXXXL 9000M GDDR10 100TB
>Intel Core i9-97000HQ 128.2-352.5GHz
>Quad-Storage 2x M.2 SSD slots
>USB 5.0 OTG, USB 3.1(Type-C), HDMI,
>0.1kg, 2mm thin

price?
battery life?

>CPU TDP of 45 watts
>GPU TDP of 100 watts, yes, ONE HUNDRED WATTS
>Additional chips giving a total heat output of over one hundred and fifty watts, that's 150 watts
Yeah, sounds like a great idea. Let's shove that into a tiny case which idiots will then put on their laptops because "Hurrdurr laptop" when the manufacturer specifically calls it a notebook and says anyone who's stupid enough to put it on a non solid surface deserves third degree burns.

I expect it to die within three years, just like any other gaymen laptop. Hey, remember when/g/ said that maxwell would give us cooler gaymen laptops? Nvidia trolled you hard, they just moved the 100 watt category from the x80m to the x70m and then made the 980m a portable housefire with a TDP of 120 watts.

>I travel really far for work, can't afford anything other than tiny apartment which I share with my boyfriend but I still want to blow a massive lump sum on something that will probably fry itself within three years and will definitely be obsolete and in need of new, very expensive parts within five
Not only did you get the shitty end of the stick in life but you also make terrible choices.

>GeForce GTX 970M

It was dead before it was even born.

A stillbirth.

Dead on arrival.

It didn't stand a chance.

>3GB