What are some good gaming laptops on the market? I'm gonna be traveling a lot, so I might as well invest in one

What are some good gaming laptops on the market? I'm gonna be traveling a lot, so I might as well invest in one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-o9VNKlYQvw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1kna-JiVas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're all gonna overheat/drop fps/turn off after 2 weeks. so buy whatever you want.

This is your chance to stop gaming and start doing something productive with your life. Dont pass it, get Xps 13 with ubuntu.

nah

stop being a childish and get a macbook pro.

only real traveling computer tbqh senpai

Asus rog if you don't mind the size. MSI Stealth is you want something smaller.
Don't listen to this guy. The rog have good cooling, good performance and good build quality. I have one for a few years already and had 0 problem. The MSI is great too, but gets hot and noisy.

>invest
that word doesn't mean what you think it means

Don't listen to either of these guys. I have a $1000 gaming laptop from 2014 that still runs fine on AAA games from 2013 and earlier, as well as games like Rocket League and DiRT Rally that are optimized for weaker PC's.

I'll let you out a secret
There are no "good" gaming laptops. The ones you'll find in the market are wayyyyy overpriced. But still if you insist on wanting to play games on the go, the closest you can get is a laptop with maybe the A10 APU, they're beefy enough to run a lot of games

It does but his investment is 100% guaranteed to depreciate in value

I have MSI GT-80
it worth every penny.

>good gaming laptops

This is Sup Forums, a serious board. If you want to spend $2k in a MSI that will do the same as a $700 CPU and will brake in two years due to overheating buy it, but it won't be a good buy.

I'd buy a Thinkpad instead of any """gaming""" computer.

>This is Sup Forums, a serious board.

>gaming
>laptop

why buy a toaster?

aleinware 15 R2 skylake

>gaming
>laptops

>$700 CPU
overpriced 5930k?

Not OP, but what's a good laptop that's 14" or smaller that has a discreet GPU?

Doesn't have to be intended for gaming but being able to play small things on the go would be nice.

You're either new or baiting. Either way. You got a (you)

Just get a real laptop and find some light games to play. CDDA, stone soup, MUDs or whatever, not all good games require a big GPU.

Macbook

It all comes down to that obvious question.

What kind of games are you looking to play?

Just fyi we're not in 2006 anymore.
Gaming laptops have been a pretty big deal for many years now.

It's a hobby for rich folk.

Macbooks have intel graphics unless it's 15" or larger

Would be enough for shit like La-Mulana.

This is a subpar thread already but fuck it i figure its the most on-topic to ask. I just got a hand-me-down laptop thats sporting an Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P7350 processor running at 2 gHz, and i was just wondering what my options were if i wanted to upgrade this to be able to run some newer games, make everything faster overall, etc, etc, the processor is really the only thing lagging when it comes to my components vs the games i want to play

please help

You know what's free? A fucking super nintendo emulator, and that can run on a ThinkPad just fine. Hell, get a 3DS, won't cost you more then 100 burgers if you buy used and you can easily CFW it to pirate any game on the system AND run emulators up to 4th gen. Why the hell do you need to run new games in particular when that'll cost you a thousand dollars more than you need to spend to be fucking entertained for a few hours?

Get anything from the ROG line and you're good.
Been using one for two years now and it's great.
Also Asus probably has the best cooling in the market.

The Intel graphics are pretty powerful desu senpai. Even accelerates Final Cut Pro pretty well.

because I don't like platformers?

What games do you like, my underage friend?

The ROG are pretty good in my opinion. I bought a G750JZ in 2014 and it has survived dog piss while the power was on, a rage attack that killed a stick of RAM and a non-stock underpowered charger and shit is still going and kicking. I can play most games in ultra and watch my 1080p 12-bit HEVC cartoons, plus the UEFI can be turned off so you can install non-wandows OS.

>a rage attack that killed a stick of RAM
Gaming laptop owner's confirmed for autistic children.

You have to be 18+ to use this website, buddy.

I am 21 though, but yes, I'm diagnosed with assburgers and get autismbux.

How about an mITX build?

read the stick and fuck off kid

Does your name start with an M?

when will we see kabylake i7-7500U laptops?

not op, and not interested in gay men, btw

>gaming
>laptop
pick one

Do this:
youtu.be/-o9VNKlYQvw

>big deal

Yeah, if you're 14 and it's near christmas.

Jordan approved
youtube.com/watch?v=b1kna-JiVas

looks great. A little less mobile than a gaming laptop though.

I like Asus rog its a damn tank and doesn't break. But it is very expensive in terms of price to performance vs other gaming laptops.

How did u play when travelling a lot? I travel for about a week somewhere no times to play at all. I boot my laptop just to backup some photo/video or looking some info.

>he rog have good cooling, good performance and good build quality

Any one of the beefier Asus ROG or g7 series laptops.
They're no better than an alienware or origin or something, but they have the added benefit of being some of the most flexible laptops I have ever had the pleasure of playing with.
You can actually upgrade the GPU and some of them fit 3-4 2.5'' drives in them.
On top of that, the cooling system is one of the best I've seen, but you can't put it on your actual lap.
The biggest gamechanger for me was being able to access the drives easily, in this day and age that's a dying feature among laptops. I was actually able to remove win 8 and install bloat-free windows 7 on a brand new SSD, with no problems.

If you're just some richfag who needs a good laptop, just get a razer blade lol. It's basically a macbook pro that can play games.

are there any gaming laptops in REGULAR CASES these days?

Get a clevo/Sager

>cooling problems
Wew lad

I bought an Asus ROG in 2010 for 800$. I bought the i5 360m version. I didn't have a dedicated gaming PC until then so I had a huge backlog of older games to play through. It even ran Crysis at 30 fps at 768p. Though on more demanding games after about 3 hours it would start to overheat and the performance would drop dramatically. So I bought a notebook cooling pad for 30$ and that would buy me about another hour, hour and a half. I later upgraded the RAM to 8GB and recently upped the HDD to 1 TB. When Witcher 2 came out it became apparent I needed an upgrade so I built a desktop. Now I mostly use the laptop for internet/music/LAN party stuff. Other than cooling issues I never really had many problems with it. bretty gud/10. Thanks for reading my blog.

>The rog have good cooling, good performance and good build quality

I tall depends if you buy the >2.5k ones or

>my aorus x3 runs games at ~60C with the fan on normal; you can't hear it.

oh yeah sure thing bud

sure