Welp, my CPU is finally starting to show some age so i'm looking to upgrade

Welp, my CPU is finally starting to show some age so i'm looking to upgrade.

Any recommendations for a CPU + MOBO (I'd need a new one because the one i've got was from a premade dell comp and is absolute horse shit)?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Crosshair-Formula-Z-Motherboard/dp/B00X97C9CS?SubscriptionId=AKIAI62SSPLIHX7AR6PA&tag=cpuboss-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00X97C9CS
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#ov
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Falafel.

gesundheit

>dell
More like lel

You may need a new case as well because many Dell cases are designed specifically for their proprietary motherboards.

What is your price limit?

Das Boot.

I'm not using the original case, just the original MOBO.

Pricewise I'm flexible, but I'll need to see my options. I don't need top of the line shit, but something that can run games that are more CPU-intensive like emulation.

All my computers are Dells, and I love them all.

>4 deep raid of Virtual DVD-ROM when?

Also, while I'm at it I may as well download some more RAM.

8gb or 16gb?

>Not going 64gb of pure RAM

I had a phenom and just got an 8350 cuz poor and mobo compatibility. Werks for me

So something like this?
amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Crosshair-Formula-Z-Motherboard/dp/B00X97C9CS?SubscriptionId=AKIAI62SSPLIHX7AR6PA&tag=cpuboss-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00X97C9CS

or is this overkill?

No like the same mobo that I used with my phenom, works with my new 8350...

Ah, I understand.

The only problem I have is that the 8350 is an AM3+ socket type whereas my mobo currently is an AM3.

Would there be compatibility issues? If not, i'll just keep my shit MOBO and get a new CPU + Some RAM

You would have to Google. My motherboard accepted AM3 and AM3+. And it's like a $50 gigabyte mobo. It's probably next on my upgrade list, but its not bottlenecking any of my components, just doesn't have the cool factor.

Also my motherboard only originally supported AM3. Then AM3+ support came from a bios upgrade, so you could check online of there are any upgrades available too.

You have 2 options If you want alot better single core performance they are either get a 6600k and mobo or wait for Zen

Zen will need a new mobo also, I think.

yep, AM4

What the fuck do you mean your cpu is starting to show age?
how autistic are you?
are you shilling?

I had a phenom ii x6 1045t and couldn't play dark souls 3. After upgrading to my 8350 I can play it perfectly (obviously not on high). I think that OP is probably having a similar problem

This is true, but I took the poorfag route, and the upgrade from phenom to 8350 was good enough for me. With enough cash I would recommend this option though. Probably the 6600k because it is available today

then he needs to word it better.. cpus dont "age" untill they break apart from thermal cycle.
its not a person or a car.

I hear what your saying but, I understood him so maybe the problem is you? Keep in mind, were shitposting on Sup Forums, not in English class...

>implying Im not shitposting in my english class

Well a quick google search says that it doesn't have a bios upgrade to support the AM3+ so i'll have to get a new MOBO it looks like.

I'm trying to keep this under $300 if I can while also getting new CPU/MOBO/RAM parts

Here's my piece of shit. gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#ov no sata3 is a bummer, but the price is right if you want to save money. Spending a little more would probably mean getting one in a better colour.

8350 + my mobo + 8gb RAM is probably about $300. Too lazy to check since I'm on mobile though

thanks user, that's probably what i'll do.

Lightspeed to you all!

oh, one more thing.

Is any RAM good or is there a specific type to avoid / go for?

Have fun

No idea, I grabbed cheap stuff that came in a bundle like 5 years ago when I built... Maybe something blue to match your mobo

Only really useful for RAM disks, which are fucking nuts

Eh, I just decided to future-proof and went with 16gb

I'M ENTERING THE FUCKING FUTURE (of yesterday)

Oh right, good call with the fan. I forgot to warn you it gets loud... Also post back of 16GB was worth it ;)

Same boat as OP, any suggestions?

You need more RAM

uhm, am3+ should have an extra pin, so you probably had an am3+ mobo (am3 fits and works in am3+, not the other way around tho)

I'll RAM my fist up yer arse m8

Better GPU and an SSD

>futureproof
>8350

well memed

I'm so glad I got rid of my x4 965... My single threaded performance more than double.

>on Sup Forums

>tfw you didn't fall for the 16gb of ram meme