How does technology factor into Sup Forums's political leanings?

How does technology factor into Sup Forums's political leanings?

heavily

Yes, and it means I'll never vote Republican.

Would it be fair to say that the majority of people of with a technological bias typically lie somewhere on the libertarian/anarchy spectrum?

>IMBLYING tech hasn't made us all detached & nihilistic

An important part of living in this modern cyberpunk paradise is being totally apolitical.

Only in self aggrandizing cyberpunk fiction is political disengagement made to seem glamorous. Things are different here in the real world

So you would rather vote Democrat and have the internet be censored in the name of preventing "hate speech" and to make it a "safe space"?

No

>How does
>Yes

About the level of sophistication I'd expect to see from a Bernie gibsmedat or a brainless Hillary shill.

Trump may very well be a megalomaniac, but at least my familiarity with tech is enough to show me who the unequivocal felon in this election is.

>cyberpunk paradise

Seems like an oxymoron.

Do you know what liberals think about free speech?

You should say "the left" or "progressives" instead of liberals. the left hasn't been liberal in decades. The founding fathers were liberals, the left are Marxists.

I find it hilarious how many of the retards in this thread think that voting for technophobes from the republican party is a fucking good idea. Shillary is just as bad as Trump, but do you fucking people sincerely think that Trump is a man who can be trusted with the surveillance capabilities of the U.S. government?

They're just more radical liberals, the whole left wing is toxicity though.

I'd bet you're probably on some form of social service, that's why you're against republicans?

>They're just more radical liberals
I disagree. They have reached a point where they strip more liberties than they grant and feel the right of the collective is more important than the rights of the individual. They are as opposed to classical liberalism as you can get.

I'm against republicans because I have a fucking brain in my head and I know how to use it. You people are so fucking brainwashed. Both parties in this country are fucked though. Republicans are far worse than dems.

I think that increasing automation will lead to mass unemployment, but I don't see that happening soon. It's 50+ years off at least.

In a philosophical sense I'm a commie, but in terms of short-term policy I'm pretty moderate. I do not buy any of the philosophical arguments in favor of capitalism and I consider it dehumanizing, but I believe it's an unfortunate necessity for the time being.

no

We clearly are not talking about classical liberalism. Words can have multiple meanings. Stop dogmatically sticking to one definition when it clearly is not the definition we're using.

heavily influences my ability to find other comrades, alongside other things

How is (in this case) Trump far worse than Hillary?

What? It's Republican congressmen that tried to get in the way of the FCC enforcing net neutrality. Meanwhile purely hypothetical shit like what you just said has never been seriously backed by a sizeable portion of the democratic party.

Hillary is the perfect example of an establishment politician. She will do whatever it is that makes her the most money. The tech industry is among the most lucrative in the world, and it'd be against her interests to hinder its progress. Donald Trump is an authoritarian who will use technology to its full extent to impose order upon American citizens. There's a reason that fascist Putin has endorsed Donald Trump.

For starters, he refuses to publicly acknowledge climate change. That alone should be enough for anyone who's still actually going to be around in 50 years.

Putin endorsing Trump isn't a point against Trump. Sure, Hillary grabbing money from wherever she can (Silicon valley / tech industry) would be a temporarily good thing for that individual market, but it undermines the fundamentals of a free market, and in the long term would negatively affect our country as a whole.

>Putin endorsing Trump isn't a point against Trump.
Trump's reaction is certainly a point against him.

Putin endorsing Trump should serve as an indicator as to what kind of people a Trump presidency would benefit. Putin and Trump are incredibly similar.

Technology factors heavily into my political leanings, but it is useless to talk about leaning right or left. It's an illusion the two-party system wants you to buy into so that you don't realize that there are other possibilities. I hate Trump and Hillary equally. I haven't found a candidate that really matches what I believe, to be quite honest, and there probably isn't one. I hate capitalism but I also hate this "privilege" bullshit, so I'm not sure where exactly that leaves me...

Really grasping at straws there arent you?
Besides being formally endorsed by a significant foreign leader, what else do you have against Trump?

Not as hard as your mom grasps at cocks

typical nu-male cuck reactions you would expect from Sup Forums lmao

you realize you wont get any pussy for this right?