Everyones suggesting these chinkpads for programming or using with a comfy linux environment but the screens are such...

Everyones suggesting these chinkpads for programming or using with a comfy linux environment but the screens are such poor resolution REEEEEE

They're suggested as a BUDGET option. If you can afford it, get a carbon x1 or something.

>get a p50 or something*
ftfy

people who move while working/ can't handle moving a nice sturdy

they are 100~200 bucks, you are a cunt if you pretend to have top tier hardware on that budget.
Actually what make the chinkpads good is that besides the screens everything else is way better or on par with other laptops that are 5 times as much.

A lot of them had the option of 1600x900, and some of them even accept aftermarket 1080p displays.
It's all a part of the "buy cheap and upgrade" option that you have with second hand thinkpads.

so my alternative for spending 300 bucks on a thinkpad with a poor display is to spent 1000-2000 dollars on a full power meme machine wewlad

how is 1600x900 given the option sounds better than forking out a grand for a xps or something

I would rather put that money into other things?

Are you fucking autistic?
I said CARBON X1

I agree... that's why I said I'd rather not get the xps?

this is actually the best suggestion I've seen so far thanx famiry

>how is 1600x900 given the option sounds better than forking out a grand for a xps or something
It helps if you proof read your posts. It takes seconds, and it's always worth the time.

how is 1600x900 given the option(, IT) sounds better than forking out a grand for a xps or something

didnt think it was hard to understand but im a native english speaker

Okay, lets break that up into phrases:

> 1. how is 1600x900 given the option
Shit nigga what are you doing?

> 2. (something incomprehensible) sounds better than forking out a grand for a xps or something
I assumed that to be sarcasm, are you American?

I'm not him, but holy shit are you retarded.

I'm not anybody but wtf is happening?

>"how is 1600x900 given the option sounds better than forking out a grand for a xps or something:

Cheaper then getting an xps.

>"I agree... that's why I said I'd rather not get the xps?"

Okay he probably made a mistake typing and was just agreeing but then he defends it. Am I actually autistic.

You're autistic.

So he asked how one was better then the other while simultaneously agreeing that one was better then the other?

No, he said that one was better.

But he was responding to;

>"A lot of them had the option of 1600x900, and some of them even accept aftermarket 1080p displays.
It's all a part of the "buy cheap and upgrade" option that you have with second hand thinkpads."

Did he think that guy was not recommending thinkpads?

>Thinkpad
>low res screen

u wot m8

>he only has 1080 vertical pixels
laughing_t60_owners.jpg

i was just going with the non-budget theme.

x201t and w530 are what i use, 1280x800 and 1920x1080, both with good viewing angles. x1 carbon is bad, if anything go for a fhd t520/t530, fhd w520/w530 or a t430 with screen replacement if you want a good laptop with nice screen (the fhd is kickass on my w530 desu)

i personally don't accept the standard screens on x220 or most t4** models

that being said p50 s are sweet, my dad has one and i will probably get something like that when i graduate

>tfw comfy af x200
>tfw 1280x900
is there a way to upgrade the screen. I've heard its possible but i dont know how

I assume you meant 1280x800, and yes. you can just pop your panel out and put in a 1440x900 display.

i look online and see a lot of the screens for the x200s. Will these work as a replacement for my x200? Isnt the x200s 12\" while the x200 is 12.1\"?

I have a 1920x1080 IPS display on mine and it works great.

>x201t
Do you use the default screen on that?

Have the old t450s (but with most features (no lte module atm, but second ssd).
This laptop allows me to put it into my docking port at home and use the larger 27" screen, while at the same time I'm able to sit for hours in the library without ever carrying charging cables with me.