News:
Oneplus 3 releases - 820, 6GB RAM, 1080p AMOLED, 3000 mAh
androidauthority.com/oneplus-3-review-698440/
oneplus.net/

Oneplus X line discontinued
gsmarena.com/oneplus_x_will_not_have_a_successor_confirms_ceo-news-18836.php

Note 6 or 7 to be released August 2nd
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_to_be_unpacked_on_august_2-news-18812.php

Xiaomeme Redmi 3s announced - 5-inch, 720p, Snapdragon 430, 4,100 mAh battery 2/3GB RAM
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_is_now_official_with_snapdragon_430_soc_and_fingerprint_reader-news-18810.php

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/342812_32597684693.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Xiaomi-Redmi-note3-Pro-Prime-snapdragon-650-3G-32G-4000mAh-13ML-1080P-5-5-screen-octa/1986585_32636040211.html
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308825.html
cloud.google.com/storage/docs/authentication
liliputing.com/2016/06/maru-os-exits-private-beta-lets-use-android-phone-linux-desktop.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bought an SE for my tiny hands and now im happy.

How's the battery life been?

Considering switching from iPhone 6 back to Android. Want a phone that's ~5", don't really care about

Two days with my usage. A day if I play nonstop knight at work

Do you think the OP3 will be sold out in 2 weeks? Worried that it will be

why doesn't anyone make a phone with DUAL mSD? Why is even one mSD slot a fucking luxury these days?
Let me guess... everyone is pushing le cloud/streaming meme and doesn't want consumers to have on-device storage unless they're paying out the ass for it.

hello this is user speaking

anyone got a site where I can order a xiaomi note 3 pro to finland without having to wait a month for it to ship?

Sounds good, I was considering it for the one handed use but I think I watch too much Netflix on my phone to go back to that size

Motorola G or E?

It's possible, they're likely to have production problems if demand is high, but the phone is very similar to its competition this year

Dual microSD? Why? Do you need more than 200GB extra? Modern slots can go up to 2TB you know

ebay?

No such thing, all shipments from China takes a long time. maybe DHL will be faster but could have more fees.

will the zuk z2 get cyanogenmod? Some anons were posting an image that said it'll get rom support but I am not sure if I can trust Sup Forums.

I was actually going to order from aliexpress with DHL but it says DHL isn't available just when I'm about to pay

I don't mind paying the 20 bucks to get it in 2 weeks instead

>I was actually going to order from aliexpress with DHL but it says DHL isn't available just when I'm about to pay

From what shop? Ali is just a marketplace maybe a different shop will work.

Best to keep checking XDA and Cyanogen's site, anything else will be speculation

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM/342812_32597684693.html

some cool user linked me to this telling if I order from here I won't have to pay any customs stuff

I've heard its a good idea to ask for the global rom to be flashed in the notes when ordering.

Ask /csg/ as well, they might have more info, I know it's popular with them

yeah that was explained to me too, for some reason it won't allow me to order with DHL though and I can't wait a month or even more

So sad, I also still wait for xiaomi to release the kernel sources for the mi 5. Official cm support would be great fo tthat device. I might opt for a nexus in the end instead.

If you're still after something cheap and decent, Moto G 4th gen is meant to be good. Battery won't match the Redmi but you won't have to fuck around with ROMs, which are fine if you know what to do and follow instructions carefully but can brick your phone.

I got a broken moto G 2015 which is why I'm looking for a new phone

if nothing else I get the newest moto g or a honor 5x

Hate that the OnePlus 3 is everything I want in a new phone with the exception of 64gb of storage. Never thought I'd need more than that but I'm scraping by on my current phone. Shame that I'll have to spend 300 dollars more just for the privilege with the HTC 10.

aliexpress.com/store/product/Xiaomi-Redmi-note3-Pro-Prime-snapdragon-650-3G-32G-4000mAh-13ML-1080P-5-5-screen-octa/1986585_32636040211.html

Has DHL shipping, try them.

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308825.html

as well.

It has 64GB storage, unless I've misread your comment?

alright I'll try ordering from them

thanks a ton

>Stuck with Verizon's pre-bloated phones

I have a dilemma. Really want to get the new Galaxy S7 active, but i`ts an AT&T exclusive, and I live in Europe. However I will be travelling to New York in the summer and I was thinking of maybe buying it while I am there. The problem is that its locked to AT&T. AT&T state that if you buy a Prepaid / GoPhone you must wait at least 6 months before you can unlock it. Is there anything I can do to unlock it quicker, is it worth the struggle?

The OP3 has 64GB of storage with no microsd support. For me personally it's plenty (I keep my loonix on a 64gb zip disquette and I have no problems with space).

Just wait for the international version.

This probably belongs more in /sqt/, but what are the practical differences between using zram and a regular swap file/partition for an Android phone? I suppose zram should be faster, but I've heard zram has a non-negligible toll on battery, does the same apply when using swap? What about using both zram and swap, is there any benefit?

Tell us if it works user.

Chinkphones are so nice, especially the mi 5 but the lack of rom support is so shitty. I don't want to use a chinese botnet tbqh famalam

should I buy OP3 now or wait for ZTE Axon 7?

I'm waiting for ZTE and the I'll decide. anything about release date in US or Europe?

I'm going to buy a Nexus 6P - is now a good time to buy, or does a discount on Nexus phones generally happen soon?

Why the fuck do people not just get Nexus devices and forget about pajeet xda and all that other nonsense? They are always at the least a good value for the money and monthly OTA updates means they are more secure than any other phone.

I don`t think there will be one.

If you need it, buy it.

going price for 32GB is ~$420

>better camera
>SD slot
Of course the Axon.

Shit battery life.

Why not? It's only been like a week.

>Shit battery life.

Quick charging and portable chargers have alleviated the problem, although I do agree with you

well, I don't care about camera and 64gb is plenty for me. the only thing that can't convince me for OP3 is USB 2.0.

Not everyone jerks off to stock feature barren AOSP.
Also shit batteries, poor build quality, no microsd etc.

I don't know how it's on the N5X but on my old N5 it was atrocious. could barely scratch 3H SOT before it died. other than that I loved it, perfect size and performance was enough for my uses.

yeah, but the S6 active was an AT&T exclusive, and now both AT&T and Samsung say that the S7 active is an AT&T exclusive.

I did the LG G2 battery mod and could see this device lasting another 3 years tbqh

>shit battery
The bigger devices are on par for the flagships, the 5" batteries are underspecced, I agree

>poor build quality
Have to disagree there. The N5 is still one of the most widely used phones in the world and it's 3 years old

>no microsd
never really understood this, you get 100GB cloud storage for automatic backups and if you really need it just run a dropbear ssh server and rsync to your computer. If you are out in the field and REALLY need extra storage then just use an OTG flash drive

Don't like my 5x. I bought it in Canada full price so I can sell it for $500.

What's a phone I should get if I was fine with my Nexus 5?
>WiFi streaming music and videos
>Social media - lots of snap, typical shit
>no gaming, hardly any pics

an N5 is equal in performance to just about any contemporary mid-range phone

So I have a serious question, that NEVER gets answered. And is not on the internet anywhere.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) coming in the mail today. It's the Exynos 8890 version.

Does Samsung Pay work with a T-Mobile Sim Card? People are saying it does. And even on the seller on eBay says it will work. Let me know anyone elses experience! Thanks anons

If it's so popular there will be an int version.
Samsung wants monies; they will sell more.

Well no one in the entire universe is using Samsung pay. since your'e getting it today why won't you try it and tell us yourself?

>% of people using an S7
>% of people on T-Mobile
>% of people using Android Pay

There's literally no shot of getting your question answered.

>you get 100GB cloud storage
lmao
.5 google dollars deposited into your google walletTM
be sure to spend it on more google products!
ps
don't do evil

best bet is to try /r/samsung or /r/androidquestions

cloud.google.com/storage/docs/authentication

You can literally download and store your own private key

>samdung pay
>touchwizz

I will be a Nexus 5 user until I've replaced every N5 I've broken with another N5 until there are no more working Nexus 5's on Earth.

>this

not to mention I can run a full linux distro on my fucking N5: liliputing.com/2016/06/maru-os-exits-private-beta-lets-use-android-phone-linux-desktop.html

and you'll still only get 2hrs battery life

I don't see where they're trying to go with a new note. There haven't been any major upgrades since the note 4.

>he didn't install a 3000mah battery
>he doesn't use a custom kernel

Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new phone, not sure what my expectations are, what would you guys consider the best phone right now?
Or are there general recommendations?

OPO 3 looks nice, I wish they'd make a 5 inch phone or an even smaller one. Sucks man.

I'm retarded when it comes to smarphones, what's the general opinion on the S7 / S7 Edge ?

it looks nice but they gimped it with a shit battery

5.5" and 3Ah is atrocious

if you can afford it, why not?

I prefer saving money than spending it frivolously on a phone that's marginally better than something 1/2 its price tho

S7E.

>he fell for the meme

>having to do all this shit and spend extra just to use a fucking phone

Guys who asked the original question here, what's with the S7E ?

TouchWiz is still shit.

>I prefer saving money than spending it frivolously on a phone that's marginally better than something 1/2 its price tho
Which one is that?

>having to do all this shit
I guess life is hard when you're a moron

>spend extra
as in spending $12 for a BL-T9 vs buying a new phone for $300?

>TouchWiz is still shit.

Please explain, not too keen on all this stuff.

>Modern slots can go up to 2TB you know

What puzzles me is that the amount supported by the slot varies from ~128GB-2TB, even in the same generation of devices. What is the limiting factor here?

So what are my choices for the 5" phone with
>similar price to OnePlus X/Redmeme
>actually supports all necessary western LTE bands

I admit, I fell for it too (buy one get one free deal at T-Mobile was too good to pass up). Honestly, the software is what is holding it back. TouchWiz is starting to lag after a few months of owning this phone. My phone has never dipped under 90F in the past few weeks. I'm dropping from 4 hours SoT to 2. Even opening up the camera is slow and occasionally spazzes out and freezes, requiring me to lock and unlock the device. It's starting to stutter really badly, almost as bad as my dad's Note 3 on TouchWiz Lollipop.

>get off Mom's plan and Sup Forums
>underage ban

ZUK Z2

It will probably work. The only way you'll know 100% is to try it yourself. Let us know when you do.

Most people say best android phones at the moment, most people commenting on Touchwiz haven't used it recently and don't know you can essentially make it stock with recent apps.

Isn't there some way to remove TouchWiz? Use something else instead?
I didn't expect that finding a phone would be this hard.

No it isn't. Stop spewing out old memes.

Ignore the lying shill, It's a great device. no lag, 7-8H SOT, touchwizz is not as bad as it used to be.

Nexus 6p
Moto X Pure Edition

>you can essentially make it stock with recent apps.

Could you explain?

Try uninstalling your poorly coded social shit apps.

Nope. Exynos version has an unlocked bootloader but only has debloated stock ROMs (thank Samsung for no documentation). Snapdragon has no public root but someone on XDA has root so I'm hoping we can get a bootloader unlock soon and get a working AOSP ASAP.

What do you use your phone for,
what don't you use your phone for.

Judging by the other anons, TouchWiz doesn't seem that horrible, kind of a split opinion about it here.

>implying I don't have an S7

You have the Exynos version? Most reports of 5+ hours SoT are usually on Exynos. And while it isn't as bad as it used to be, it's still pretty fucking bad.

Good Lock.

The root he had is only partial with no full /system access using chink kingo root. I wouldn't get too excited about that one.

Are you aware of package disabler pro?

Are you seriously implying Google will store your data for free without being able to harvest value from it?

it's not terrible if that's all you've known

once you've had the breath of fresh air of a non-laggy stock android experience it's hard to go back

>lenovo
I'd prefer a bit less bloatware

that's the idea of public-private key encrypted storage unless they've somehow managed to crack AES

or is the boogeyman gonna get me?

Anything you'd recommend then?
Currently using a Galaxy S3, pretty sure it's time for an upgrade.