Where were you when Nvidya was kill?

Where were you when Nvidya was kill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dh9Akfu90Gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Placing an order for an RX 480.

Aren't you counting your chickens a bit early tho? WCCFtech doesn't have the greatest track record for accurate leaks.

>tfw sold my 380 before the prices gets fucked up

If I'm planning to play on 1080p (144hz) will 4GB be enough?

>how do you want your market share pham?

Just fuck my shit up

>In b4 'why is Ruby crying?'
She is mourning Nvidia's passing.

But on a brighter note...

"DING! DONG! THE WITCH IS DEAD!"

Yes

Can I pair my Sapphire 290 with a 480 when Async compute drops?
If not, 490 when?

>bragging about having low performance
did AMD just give up trying to compete?

Only in DX12 games

I am building a mini-itx PC
want to use the rx480 if they are around 200€
Will my i3-6100 bottle neck on the rx480?

>tfw now I'll have money for both 1080p monitor and a rx 470/480

I fucking love AMD, truly the 3rd worlders best friend.

can someone update this pic?

Isn't the 390 on par with 980 these days?

Impossible since AMD's Oberklasse is the RX 480 for 200€ while Nvidia's Mittelklasse is the GTX 1070 for 500€.

>tfw found my new card

THANKS BASED AMD

>People thinking a shitty cheap midrange card is going to somehow be incredibly powerful based off of some chink's fake benchmarks
>People thinking AMD uses space magic to make their cards cheap when in reality its because they have major cutbacks on quality

AMDfags just set themselves up for dissappointment

Nobody is expecting it to be a 1070/1080 or even a 908Ti killer. We are being realistic here. But look at the facts. Most gamers game at 1080. 2K is a stopgap. 4K is not mature or affordable enough yet.

The sweet spot for gaming is still 1080 and less than $300 dollar mark. Just because you represent the 0.0005% of elitist faggots does not make you right.

>major cutbacks on quality
>nvidia starts gimping current overpriced lineup within a year, like every year
>Meanwhile AMD cards gain performance over the course of 2+ years

>comparing a 28nm card to a 14nm card

Nvidiots keep spouting crap that the 480 is 150w. If they had put the 1070 there I would have circled that instead. I'm just highlighting the fact that the 480 does not use 150w during gaming like all the shills keep saying.

>Pretending power consumption is a major issue.

Twice as much power consumption means your coolers have to rotate four times as fast which means your PC makes sixteen times as much noise.

yeah pretty much. they dont give a fuck about the high end my man

They don't but every RX480 leak has been on point

and why should they? 85% of the market is in the 100-300$ range. gloating about your 700+$ GPU is pointless. 1080 goy can't even do constant 60FPS 4K and it's overkill for 1080. But enjoy your overpriced 2K stopgap.

>AMDcucks literally being proud of being poor

can't make this shit up

>mfw just realizing Nvidia is the Apple of GPUs
They have so many people brainwashed with their shit. Did it start with the >enthusiast Titan?

No it started with actually having drivers for Linux

in my shithole country the gtx 1070 is priced at 1199$ import tax quotas and i'll buy it in a hard beat if i even get it for 600 dollars a measly rinky gtx 1070, so i opt for amd

>thread is full of fanboys for fucking GPU companies

this is just sad... I buy whatever is the best price/performance, though usually I try to support AMD because Nvidia has a monopoly, this time around I've bought a 1070(going from 280)

Nvidia already discontinued GTX 980 and GTX 970 back in April and GTX 1070 $379 moved the performance bar high up

Holy shit the hypocrisy
AMD's cards haven't been released yet but you say you buy based on best price to performance?
Wait to compare all the options faggot
Then choose your 1070

Have they fucking decided on whether it'll have 4gb or 8gb of vram?

Bull fucking shit. People here have been saying it's a 1070 killer or at least comparing it to the 1070 a lot here.

If the gimping meme is true, why don't people get better performance when they install older drivers?

>tfw finally found the GFX card for my XTREME GAMING MACHINE XD

Thank you AMD, Thank you. i can now play overmeme.

>...
Nigga please.
I'm running the meme card on my system, AMD drivers are still far behind in Lincuck and I don't have the hardware capable of a GPU passthrough. Any kind of fanaticism is bad, but Nvidia is just a shady company that is pushing development back with their closed source bullshit like Gameworks, gsync, and sneaky practices.

>this time around I've bought a 1070
Why would you do that? Are you on high refresh 1440p? If not, then there's no reason to buy such a card. I mean, it's very tempting, but the performance just isn't there.
I wouldn't mind going for a >best price/performance card, but this is different. Besides, even if the RX480 is in the range of the 970 and 390, it would still be a better value card than the 1070.

The people responsible for Zen (Jim Keller) and Polaris (Raja Koduri) are both ex-Apple employees. AMD supports very closed down systems like Windows (they had a Microsoft guy give a Windows 10 presentation at the Polaris reveal...), while Nvidia has better support for Linux. I don't get why Sup Forums likes AMD so much besides offering cheap products.

It's going to have 2GB

You're an idiot, they don't gimp old cards they just no longer support them in driver updates.

Which means after a year if compatibility issues come up they won't be fixed in a driver update

Multiple issues will pile up with newer games or older games getting updates but Nvidia won't make changes to the driver to improve performance.

Maybe it will be when overclocked. Yes I know the 1070 will be faster when it is overclocked but the difference is in the cost per fps. If a 480 gets 60 fps and a 1070 gets 65 fps (made up BS numbers just to give an example) when both are OC'd then the cost difference makes the 480 the more worthy choice.

So you're saying they don't gimp them, their support for older cards just isn't fantastic. Buy my 700 series GPU has gotten updates and plays new games just fine, I've never had driver issues.

4/8 gets rounded to 1/2, meaning it'll have 0.5GB VRAM.

>2016
>paying $200 for a GPU with only 512MB of VRAM
Good AMD goys

>tfw this is the best moment to upgrade the anemic card in my mac pro
I'm waiting the flash rom on netkas forums only. OSX appears to have support for RX 480.

Stop projecting this hard, NVIDIA shill.

probably bait, but those are performance tiers

4GB and 8Gb options. You choose.

How much VRAM does it have then?

>nvidia starts gimping current overpriced lineup within a year, like every year
>Meanwhile AMD cards gain performance over the course of 2+ years
How come no AMDfag has EVER posted ANY benchmarks confirming either of those?

Dank

>ex-Apple employees
This means shit. Keller has worked with AMD multiple times prior to that.

>AMD supports very closed down systems like Windows (they had a Microsoft guy give a Windows 10 presentation at the Polaris reveal...)
I can't really refute that. AMD just really wants people to pick up DX12 since their cards work well with them. All the driver magic from Nvidia isn't that useful in there.

>while Nvidia has better support for Linux
Also true, but they are very closed about it on an ecosystem where being open source is preferable. Their open source drivers are shit since they won't cooperate with the nouveau devs. They're giving them signed blobs, completely going against the point of nouveau. AMDGPU is still behind, but it's open source. I don't know how the changes from the 4.7 kernel and above will fare, but it's apparently huge and it supports Polaris from the getgo. At least they're trying.

>I don't get why Sup Forums likes AMD
There are a lot of reasons why. I've already typed some of them. To add, there's GPUopen, the antithesis of Gameworks; freesync; Mantle for Vulkan; etc. I can't say anything concrete about Zen, but I'm really hoping it gives Intel a wakeup call, Broadwell-E is an embarrassment.

Of course the announced one :^)

I'm glad they play just find user
But something playing just fine is subjective.
Also doesn't prove there isn't a performance degrade at all.

If you wanna btfo Sup Forums
Compare your card to a new series card but with the same specs
For example something along the lines of 760 vs 950?

See how they compare, new and old games.
I remember checking up on the 760 which has a wider memory bus than the 960 and should be within 10%-15% performance yet the 960 was still crushing in benchmarks for some reason.

Because it's a lie

>my meme card is almost two years old
>AMD fans now getting excited over a card that's only a little faster than that
I guess what they say about poor NEETs on this board is true

Different architecture tard

because it´s literally a meme
the reason people throw it around is because there are no active improvements like in newer cards for new games

But cards from different generations don't have the exact same specs unless it's just a rebrand.

>nvidia would never gimp, goyim!

It doesn't matter if they're gimped or just stop getting updates, AMD still ages better.

>"Bububu we spent enough to go to mars"

Nice to see Nvidias greed finally paying off.

Shit drivers improving after a whole 2 years is a good thing

>releasing cards with shitty drivers and them improving them years later is a feature
Does anyone buy AMD based on merit? Or is it all people like you coming up with excuses because muh Jews?
youtu.be/dh9Akfu90Gs

Except the 200 series was priced competitively for how it performed *back then*. 290x owners basically got a free upgrade

They still had to deal with shitty drivers.

what are you talking about it's gonna have 512mb

But the "shitty" part in "shitty drivers" is completely orthogonal to the benchmarked performance.
Do you just regurgitate memes all fucking day?

I already talked to my local pc part shop to give me a call when they get it.
Also cant wait for zen its about a time for an upgrade

Unless you're using a lot of texture mods or something, 4GB is enough.

The only reason high end matters much is because retards look at who has the fastest card, and then assume that brand is better across the board. Just look at last gen, where AMD sales sucked despite being either equal or better in every price point except the super high-end stuff because the fury x was garbage.

I'm sorry, I find it hard to take you seriously enough to respond with non meme answers when you think taking several years to get the performance you should get at launch is a feature.

>everyone buys cards at launch day
>AMD cards are automatically slower from the start

You sound pretty retarded.

Your own image shows that most AMD cards are slower at launch though.

>nvidiot in denial cannot accept that AMD is going to dominate the middle to low end GPU market i.e majority of the market and pulls desperate excuses out his ass

What makes you think that? Yeah, they'll put out cards that have better performance to price than anything nVidia has to offer, but it's been that way for years, and they still can't get their market share to go up. Why would you think that will change now?

This guy has the sad truth of AMD
Price to performance isn't enough anymore you need a massive marketing dpartment

AMD hasn't had this opportunity in ages. The 7000 series was great, but so was Kepler and since Nvidia had upped their marketting, they still couldn't catch up. Nvidia released the 750Ti and pretty much dominated the low tier market with that one card. People also bought the 960 later despite the 380 being a better choice. Now they don't have a choice. Polaris is free of competition until Nvidia decides to throw their 1060 out and by the looks of it, it isn't anytime soon considering the shit stock of the current Pascal GPUs.

It would be nice if AMD just stuck to the low-mid and NVidia just stuck to the mid-high tier. NVidia makes most of their money from other places now anyways so it wouldn't be a massive loss to let AMD take the lower end

>people also bought the 960 later despite the 380 being a better choice

And this is what is going to happen with the 1060.

Atleast AMD got a head start on the release of their card.

>mfw just realizing Nvidia is the Apple of GPUs

But Apple uses AMD GPUs. That's 2deep4me

You think the average Apple user even knows about GPUs?

isn't it always like that?

Nvidia high tier card always the best at being less than 15% higher performance than AMD card while being 30% pricier?
Apple did this with phone market, I don't see anything wrong with that

>This
I have had to explain what a GPU is to many younger Apple fanboys who just assumed computers were like fucking magic

>Polaris is free of competition
nVidia will slash prices on the 900 series sooner or later. Lowering the prices on those cards has been long overdue anyways. Even if they don't, how long do you really think it's going to take for the 1060 to come out? Even if it takes another three months, AMD won't just magically take all of the

>buy AMD
>slightly slower at launch
>ends up becoming 2x as powerful over time

>buy nvidia
>slightly faster at launch
>ends up being eclipsed by AMD cards 2 tiers down

Yeah, I know a good investment when I see one.
Protip: it's not the one that ends up being comparatively shit after a couple years.

>And this is what is going to happen with the 1060.
AMD is going to have a huge headstart in a season where some even upgrade for Summer, at least from what Ive experienced with others the last 3 years. Given the availability and pricing of Nvidia, I doubt they would release the 1060 anytime soon, much less at the $200 price range. I don't recall their product release dates, isn't the Titan replacement due this year? The 960 came a little later with the last generation.

They try to fight too much in the middle and it just kills AMD. I myself prefer NVidia, but I will admit that AMD has some very respectable offerings. I just have plenty of disposable income so I go for the performance

>nVidia will slash prices

Prices don't drop that easily. Look at Kepler prices today, they're not that down.
Also, you seem to forget how tempting a $150 card that can run 1080p sounds. Any newcomer that doesn't want to break bank would be looking at that card. If I wanted to make a decent build for 1080p, I would definitely be looking at the RX470 and not the RX480.

they'd have to drop them to sub-200 across the board which is not going to happen.

>They try to fight too much in the middle and it just kills AMD

Actually Nvidia Middle to low tier card got really bad offering compare to AMD one.
High tier card is much more debatable because its all about benchies instead of price.

>Friend ask me to build him a cyber cafe
>AMD $70 GPU is 2GB ddr5 128 bit while the Nvidia counter part is over $90

Is not really that much a problem if you build a single PC, but the budget start hitting you when you build for 60 units at the same time.

>buying cheap shit
>not gettimg the best card available

Some of us want to make a sound investment instead of just blowing a huge wad on a card that'll become deprecated just as quickly.

I'm team green (for reasons beyond performance) but if someone came to me for a 1080p build i'd point them at the RX480, it's just worth it for that money.

>Best available card that literally will got replaced by another new cards in less than three months.

how would a much stronger card be deprecated just as quickly?

>nVidia will slash prices on the 900 series sooner or later.
user, why would the prices drop when the stock isn't going up? The 750Ti hasn't dropped in price and it was a very popular card, there's no chance Maxwell is dropping in price. I'd love for the 980 so stay at the $500 price range forever as a reminder to never buy a *80 series card.

Definitely upgrading from my 970.

>sound investment
>Fucking graphics cards

You're a moron if you think hardware is a good investment.

No, if it becomes 2x as powerful, then it is half as powerful as it should be at launch. That's not slightly slower.