I run Linux Mint right now. Should I switch to Arch?

I run Linux Mint right now. Should I switch to Arch?

Let's do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=crunchbang
crunchbangplusplus.org/
github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mint, being a fork of a fork of a fork, has multiple layers of miscommunications from it's original maintainers.
Thus, Mint is broken. In mysterious ways. In ways that no one knows how to fix.

Always use a mainline distro.

Debian, OpenSUSE, Arch, Gentoo, Slackware, Fedora. And the company. Only distros you should even consider running.

What about Manjaro?

Same thing.
Architect is the installer you want to use if you don't want to manually install arch. At least it doesn't implement anything of it's own.

Anything wrong with current Crunchbang? Just installed it on my laptop.

It's fucking dead.
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=crunchbang
>status: Discontinued

If youre using an Ubuntu derivative you should be using Debian

>not installing gentoo in the current year

Is mint your first contact with linux ?
If it is sugest you to try manjaro on a VM

More or less, I had Ubuntu for a long time literally knowing nothing about what I was doing. Now I decided to stay with linux forever and tried Mint, but I don't know if I'm convinced...

Hey
There is a new version called Crunchbang++ And its sweet.
crunchbangplusplus.org/

So try manjaro it's an easy way in with the posibility to go balls deep if you want it

There is literally nothing wrong with running RHEL.

>Crunchbang
is it 2013 again already?

Other than the fact that yum is a piece of shit in RHEL and every other distro based on it.

>i am using shit
>should I switch to dogshit
lel

Between Mint not even being able to secure their own servers to them blocking security and kernel updates, fuck that shit and install Xubuntu.

github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules

techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/

That's a big jump. Use Manjaro or Antergos before Arch

Antergos,Architect,Arch Anywhere,BBQLinux.Use any of them,just don't try to install Arch from scratch.If you're using Linux Mint,you're probably still too retarded to get it right and we don't wanna hear you a week later talking sit about how bad Arch sucks.

Installing Arch really isnt that hard with the help of the wiki.

Still pointless though.

Why pointless?

get a life ffs

>I run Linux Mint right now. Should I switch to Arch?

If you feel that you should do it because everyon on Sup Forums will think you have a small cock if you run mint then yes do it, but if you can bear the laughter then dont

There is also other crew doing #! Called BunsenLabs the difference is that BL is a community where #!++ is one autist kinda Temple OS shit

Install gentoo

There's its continuation called crunchbang ++ if you didn't know.

>to them blocking security and kernel updates
Link please

>Mint, being a fork of a fork of a fork, has multiple layers of miscommunications from it's original maintainers.
>Thus, Mint is broken. In mysterious ways. In ways that no one knows how to fix.
Mint is an improvement on Ubuntu, the Ubuntu community refuses to accept improvements or forks even though they are a fork because they are hypocrites and against the Linux philosophy of constantly improving by forking. The Ubuntu community are both open source fanatics and yet force their isolated brand of open source and shoot down anyone who would divert from or improve on how they do things

>Install openbox on Mint
>install Arch on openbox
>big wow, litterally nothing
>continue using Mint

>Thus, Mint is broken.
its not broken, its better than Ubuntu which is why Mint has a larger user base than Ubuntu

>In mysterious ways. In ways that no one knows how to fix.
Ubuntu/Mint incompatibilities could be fixed by accepting Mint as an official version of Ubuntu, the Mint community and its leader accept this, the Ubuntu community and its leader dont, gee, wonder whos at fault here?