Is this normal? I've just built this fucker and installed a Hyper 212x onto it(yes...

Is this normal? I've just built this fucker and installed a Hyper 212x onto it(yes, I know) - Temps go up to 55 just when downloading, and the clock speed is constantly at 4.4GHZ

Have you changed anything in the BIOS?

Change power setting states. Set lowest cpu state to 5% and also check bios.

But yeah that's normal. It shouldn't go past 80c on aida/prime stress test.

>Wangblows 10
What a waste of hardware.

Nothing at all

I've done that, the fans were roaring and that has fixed that, but the core speed seems to always be at 4.4GHz - I'm not the techiest guy but I've upgraded from a AMD Phenom X4 965 and that would lower down to 800MHz when it was not doing much, would have imagined it should be doing that here

I'm not liking it so far, what would you suggest? Open to any ideas

I've also ran Prime95 and leveled out at about 69-71 degrees Celsius. Downloading a few games now to try them out

Maybe you need to enable power saving technologies like speed-step, turbo, C-states and whatnots, in the BIOS. Also select balanced power plan.

You lost the chip lottery bro, you just got a CPU from a shitty batch.

Looks like your BIOS is set up for Turbo overclocking (it keeps it at the CPUs turbo 24/7). It's a safe overclock. You're going to have to mess around in BIOS to change it to a different behavior.

Reseat your heat sink.

but it's literally the only OS that can handle and make use of hardware of this kind

if not for work/gaming why else would you need it?

This fixed it, I'm down to about mid 20s now

Thanks guys, you're all life savers

I dont think it's normal. It looks a bit warm. New thermal paste time?

This is what its like now with Turbo Disabled, looks to be fine

..Ignore the HD 5770, the GTX 1080 hasn't arrived yet

Is it a constant 55°C or is it just spikes?
If it's spikes its normal because the surge of higher voltage creates the higher temps. It's nothing like let's say a phenom II where it gradually increases to higher temps. I run a [email protected] and yeha it spikes to 50ish doing random stuff; no worries.
Have you tried stressing it with Aida64? Temps should be 70-80° with a hyper 212
also don't use prime95 on hasswell chips.

It seemed to just be constant, but it ended up being the default Turbo enabled that was causing it, just managed to change that in my BIOS

I'll test it out on Aida now, good shout

Sweet glad you found it man
And yeah I always recommend stressing it to see if thermal paste is applied correctly
Cheers man

Run the CPU-Z stress test. If your temps go up much higher than mine here Reseat the heat sink,

Heat sinks don't always get good contact first try. Heck, I had a XFX 6770 that absolutely refused to work with its stock heat sink. No matter how I lapped it temps would always immediately shoot to the moon and fan would run full blast. I eventually superglued a 9600GT heat sink to it and that worked. (I don't recommend this since temps weren't particularly fantastic, but it actually worked just fine)

>willingly installing spyware onto your computer

Why? Why people do this?

Seek medical help for your paranoia. It's not healthy to worship your own invented beliefs. Worship is for waifus.

They're actually about the same, I ran Aida for a bit and the CPU temp didn't get to 60, so I'll go ahead and take that as great news

Shame it doesn't automatically go up to 4.4GHz anymore but I'd rather it like this than constantly at 4.4. Will look at a solution if i ever need it

>and the clock speed is constantly at 4.4GHZ
Well that's why.

>Falling for winmeme 10

That's good.
The Turbo overclock of the BIOS might be set to use too high a voltage. Turbo does seem to tend to be set to use quite a bit more than it needs. Try a manual overclock at stock volts and see how high it will go.

I had a similar issue with one of my previous builds, it was a Core i5-750. It was suppose to idle at 1Ghz and under load get to 2.6Ghz, but it stayed constant at 2.2Ghz.

Out of curiosity, is your motherboard ASUS? If so, try changing the memory configuration. I forget the details, but in my situation it involved changing the memory controller(?) to X.M.P.