>decide to try linux
>wipe my whole hdd actidentally
ahaha you just cant make this shit up
ahaha
fuck me

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Mesa-12.0-Feature-Overview
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thanks for letting me know, keep us updated.

You know you can remove all your partitions installing Windows too, right?

>Accidentally

But it clearly says what you're doing, it's no accident.

No worries though, just fresh install and carry over your files from your backup external hard drive. Y-you do make bi-weekly backups, correct?

>you just cant make this shit up
I easily could.

>actidentally
No surprise here. Good luck reinstalling your WIndows.

That's because you were being fucking dumb and didn't read instructions properly.

If you didn't overwrite data you can still recover your files.

i was using that gparted thing on try ubuntu and clicked creat new partition or something. it just happened with no warning.
fuck no backups.

>bi-weekly

Ha, it's like you want him to lose everything.

how

>image.jpg
Not surprised at all, to be honest.

>it's an "applefag tries to install a linux distro" episode

If I remember everything you do with this tool isn't written directly on the disk, you have to press continue, then it will sum up the actions it will do and ask you confirmation.

If it doesn't, canonical is really full of retards.

Learn to read first, mongoloid.

Gparted has litteraly a fucking apply button, even if you do a mistake you can undo. You're just fucking retarded.

Boot into winPE, open a command prompt and use diskpart's recover command to try and revert back. It's worked a few times for me, but it will only work if you haven't overwritten any "deleted" data.

Things that are easy to do in Linux:
>silently wipe or overwrite your whole partition

Things that are not:
>fixing x.org when an update breaks it
>fixing your config files when the developer decided to go from a hand rolled config parser to json
>trying to get your drivers to finally work
>"is my webcam output supposed to be this dark?"
>reading up on and downloading appropriate font patches, then trying to find out which xml files are loaded in which order and how to modify them so your fonts don't look like blurry ass

I'm sorry senpai. I hope you get well soon.

People who can't read shoudn't be allowed to use a computer

>>fixing x.org when an update breaks it
What will happen to this meme when people switch to wayland?

Correction: That's easy to do with OpenBSD, because of its quick and based installer.

Nothing, the xorg meme is 10 years old, dumb /v kids can't even update their shit memes.

I think you'll have to wait only about 10 more years to find out.

Chromium just added native wayland support. It'll happen this year.

Thankfully you kept everything backed up to Google Drive right?

Is there any chance of openbox being ported to wayland?

Just use a tiling WM.

Get PartedMagic. It has practically every tool imaginable for handling disks.

Be aware, don't write to the disk otherwise your data could be corrupted when you go to recover it.

gparted won't apply the changes until you click the apply button.

It's your fault

>Y-you
Please leave

You know, that shit is why i have an older drive just for tests, i take out my current HDD with the important data (still backed most of it between bds/dvds and flash drives) and then try any crap i want, even if i fuck the entire partition i won't care.

It's as if a computer is a real machine that you control and are responsible for and not just jew-conjured magic. Nah that's crazy.
>git gud faggot

>got a rock solid dependable Dell Latitude E6220
>grab the latest Linux Mint MATE beta
>secure wipe the SSD (5 second pulse factory condition)
>install Linux Mint MATE beta "Sarah"
>reboot after install from USB
>now running purely from the SSD
>first boot 1 minute 53 seconds on a Samsung 830 SSD capable of 510MB/s reads
>get to login, get to desktop, snappy fast performance as expected (because of the SSD, not because of Linux)
>grab latest updates
>reboot
>second full boot 1 minute 50 seconds
>reboot from login screen
>third full reboot 1 minute 51 seconds
>into the trash it goes
>back to Windows 7 where a cold boot to Desktop happens in 17 seconds

I mean really, Linux, it's just so fucking terrible and after almost two and a half decades it hasn't improved for shit.

>mfw my disc for vista and my 7 recovery partition will wipe all partitions without asking
>tfw I back everything up anyway just incase they do this bullshit

When you say "cold boot" are you talking about with fast boot off, and changing Windows settings to ensure complete shutdowns?

Windows does not actually shut down, unless you change power settings. It hibernates.

shit happens, that's why everyone should have a back up

Well?

I really really like this image.

1. deleting everything in that window doesn't do anything until you go past that window and confirm your changes
2. editing your partitions alone is non-damaging and fairly easy to recovery from with zero data loss

format using ext2 to recover your files

I really would like to fug your boipucci you little memer

Windows 7 doesn't do that.

First class support for reiserFS is pretty sweet

I once had issues with xorg.

Turns out deleting xorg.conf was the answer.

Now it works fine

>implying all of linux is arch in 2007

These are the best, binge watch them all.

Why didn't you just put the iso on a USB and try it first

Arch users still have X break on them every update if they use AMD's proprietary driver. The meme will continue on for decades.

it's fairly easy to find and mount NTFS even when the partitions are fucked

Catalyst has not been in arch repos for a long time for this reason, because AMD failed hard to provide updates for their closed source driver to support new versions of the kernel and xorg unlike nvidia. Now catalyst has been deprecated in favor of AMDGPU PRO which uses an open source kernel module that can be updated and packaged by anyone. Also, now the recommended drivers for old cards is the open source one which has made big improvements recently:
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Mesa-12.0-Feature-Overview

In short, your information was wrong in the past before because arch didn't provided support for catalyst due to AMD being shitty in the first place, so using that driver was your risk. Second, in the present now you're even more wrong because the new driver can be updated to the newest version of the kernel and xorg always.

>>fixing wayland when an update breaks it

On a new Ubuntu 16.04 you have to disable swap mount in /etc/fstab and let systemd mount it automatically, otherwise it will add 1:30 minutes to boot time.

Thank you lennfart for your cancer that killed Linux.

>no one mentioning testdisk

Use testdisk to recover the deleted partition table.

DON'T CREATE NEW PARTITIONS RIGHT NOW

Why not use a stacking VM with hotkeys?

too late. whatever, ill live.

my boypuccini is urs!!

bengs oderr :DDD

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

/thread

can confirm

It's the rite of passage. You have not experienced Linux till you accidentally fuck up your Windows partition and lose precious data. That is how I started off with 12.04 LTS.