Brand Loyalty

Are there any tech brands that you're loyal to Sup Forums?

>Dell laptops
>Microsoft mice
>Blackberry phones

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e5420_owner's manual_en-us.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope, can't afford loyalty.

Samsung, for phones and zip disquettes.

>shilling general

Basically.

I am loyal to the brand that suits my needs for the right price
>buying a brand for a brand alone
>ISHYGDDT

>Vizio TV

No. Brand loyalty and fanaticism are completely retarded.

>Brand Loyalty

We don't suffer retards on Sup Forums.

I tend to prefer Xiaomi for cheap Chinese shit.

Motorola phones

sony

>We don't suffer retards on Sup Forums.

pfff

I wouldn't say I'm loyal to them but I haven't had any problems with Asus products yet

I guess I'm loyal to my rolling tobbaco brand but only after trying some alternatives and only because I don't want to bother changing brands.

Also I guess if I buy an HDD again it'll probably be WD because they seem reliable, although Seagate has a decent reputation as well.

>being loyal to a brand
no, i'll go with whatever is the BEST for my money and nothing less.

if i have specific problems with a brand or issues with the company i'll go with the second best option.

>although Seagate has a decent reputation as well.
no they don't seagate drives are notorious for failing

Sandisk all the way.

Not him, but I had more WD drives failing on me than Seagate (4 vs none).

Brand loyalty is dumb. That being said, Corsair and Asus, but that's less loyalty and more good past experiences.

Asus, Nvidia, Samsung

I like Asus in general, great mobos and monitors

t. Schlomoberg Shekelstein

I want to like asus, but their customer service leaves a bad taste

it's more of a tradition. Everyone in my family owns a Toyota.

Really only Otterbox since they seem to be the only company that can make a good case.

They make good shit.

Don't fall for the luxury meme. Mom & pop got a BMW and Acura. BMW had accelerator problems since they got it and had to do multiple software updates, luckily within warranty. Trunk is stiff as hell and you need to use full strength of one arm to close it, getting your hands dirty, whereas you can close a Toyota trunk by pinching it with two fingers and pulling it down and letting go to close with momentum. Acura trunk is this new automatic shit that first day we get it in the garage and go to get groceries, the super strong motor with shit for sensors hits the garage door and keeps going, getting jammed into handle, can't close and can't open. It's just all clusterfuck shit now for even the most basic of functions.

My mom regrets selling me the Camry now and actually traded me her BMW to get it back. Going to try and get a good price for this in warranty and get another Camry probably.

My nigger, my most recent car purchase was a Toyota and you better believe I'll go to another Toyota when this one's dead and gone (which I suspect will be a long time)

GNU

gigabyte mobo & seagate hdd

>WD drives
>Qpad mice
>LG monitors
>Xperia phones
Sony is the bomb nigger
Also Sony camcorders
>Casio Exilim compact cameras

>Parents buy me a barely used 2012 Honda Civic as a graduation gift
>Thought I would hate the dash
>One of the best things about this car

I tend to prefer Dell for most items (servers, workstations, laptops, monitors) but if something else fits the requirements then great.

Dell laptops
Logitech mice
Gigabyte motherboard
Phanteks air coolers
Seasonic (or rebranded Seasonic e.g. XFX) PSUs (although Flextronics rebrands like the Corsair AX1200i and Super Flower rebrands like the EVGA G2 series are acceptable)

Somehow AMD because nvidia doesn't seems to give a fuck about the open source.

MOTHER GOOGLE

SanDisk SD cards. Good price and never had a problem. Not once

I like ASUS, I'm posting from a ASUS phone right now. Shilling isn't for me, since I can't afford it, but I always recognize good products. Miss my moto x

I don't have any. If shit looks good and reasonably priced (not necessarily cheap), then I'd give it a try. Usually the performance of said shit will determine if I'd come back for more

Although, there are brands that I'd avoid like a plague

>Lenovo (smartphone. Their laptops are quite decent tho)
>Chiappa
>Apacer (both thumb drive and HDD)
>TP-link and it's copycat, Dlink
>I suppose I could say Volkswagen as well (Bought a golf and shit has been a headache since day 1)

Apple and Starbucks

>Bragging about being a slave to technofascism.
SHIGGYDDT

Even though it's not technically a brand in the usual sense, I like Nexus phones, because the hardware isn't locked down like other brands. Once the Ubuntu phone has the features I need (CDMA and full-disk encryption), all bets are off. If it doesn't run on Nexus hardware, then I'll buy a phone that does support it.

Kingston for the ram, it just works. Still got some sticks from 2005ish still going strong. Logitech for the keyboard and mouse cause they both durable. Altec Lansing speakers. Everything else is based on price and how well it does in reviews

Also Trendnet for there metal switches. Works great.

Loyal to AMD, but not for GPUs. Anything else, show me the positive reviews and name your price.

Ford - Used to drive a Ford Ranger (R.I.P - don't make them anymore). Sucker lasted me ten years till the engine went at over 230 thousand. Never any problems other than regular maintenance work. Now I drive a 05 Corolla that belonged to my mom, (she bought a 2014 corolla) The 05 has over 140 thou on it but runs great. I live like maybe 10 min away from work so this car will last me a while. I've had it for a while now and it's been good.

IBM CPUs
BlackBerry phones
Sony CRTs
Unicomp keyboards
Apple PMPs

>IBM CPU's

Posted from a POWER7 mainframe?

I have preferences, not loyalty.

>Ford - Used to drive a Ford Ranger (R.I.P - don't make them anymore). Sucker lasted me ten years till the engine went at over 230 thousand.
>230K and 10 years
is this what Americans think is a lot ?

I've pretty much always had a 'loyalty' to Dell, because since I started getting stuff from then in 2006 I've not had any issues whatsoever so...

It's mostly just sticking with the familiar. I have no evidence to provide that dell is somehow objectively better, just my own personal homosexual taste.

I'm actually using a Motorola CPU right now, my PowerMac G5's being upgraded at the moment

>not getting a 90s honda

>I've pretty much always had a 'loyalty' to Dell
Having worked on a few Dell towers..after opening them up your opinion of them will probably change.

I've opened up my old Dell I got in 2009, I can't remember the exact make and model, and I've opened up 'new' old desktop which is an XPS 8500. I'm pretty much a scrub when it comes to understanding what could be wrong with them.

Could you explain?

MMC before they forsake us. That was the only brand loyalty I really had.

Nope, too poor to afford brand loyalty.

I hate them both for being jews but I tend to prefer AMD since NVIDIA is usually the jewest one

Monoprice cables
Corsair

>Corsair case / fan products
>Nvidia video cards (Would consider Vega if 4K capable)
>Sony (Ericsson) mobiles
>Beyerdynamic headphones

The fuck are you smoking nigger? Dell has had 10/10 internal layouts since at least 2000. Pic related XPS T500 in 2000.

Compare that to HP shit around the same era that required you to COMPLETELY disassemble the entire computer and remove the motherboard just to get access the the fucking RAM slots.

>EVGA motherboards
>Corsair RAM
>Seasonic power supplies
>Logitech mice

Probably different now for you kids but they've been rock solid for me for 10+ years

>Corsair RAM
What retard buys rebranded RAM? Buy from the source. I'm good with Hynix, Samsung, or Micron.

Jeep. My 1993 Wrangler has been rock solid since day 1.

>Dell laptops
Awful support. Awful documentation. Fucking awful driver repository. HP is lightyears ahead. Dell does have quality solid laptops though.

>Asus

Newer motherboard qualities have begun to slip. Z170 is a hard sell between asus and gigabyte.

Same. WD Blues have been bad news. Usually corrupt sectors.

Just make sure the shit has oil. Camry's and maybe even corollas burn oil like a motherfucker. They won't do a recall because its not a safety issue if the engine seizes.

oh my god yes, those Optiplex 790's are cramped to shit. What the fuck is with the 780\755\745 hard drive tray? Who the shit attaches a fan directly to a HDD??? I'll have a tripple dose of magnetic interference with my bits, please!

Forgot HGST HDDs

>awful support
My Latitude came with a defective LCD. I put in a warranty claim, they had it fixed and returned to me in 48 hours, no questions asked. On their website, using the service tag associated with my laptop I can find plenty of information as well as all the relevant drivers. No issues whatsoever with documentation, the only issue I ever had with drivers was with the wireless adapter, which I replaced for $15.

PEBKAC, faggot.

Dumbest post in this thread. Jeep makes pure garbage.

2 days is pretty awful unless it was the cheapest laptop. I'd expect same day onsite support for something like that, which I did get with the POS XPS M1330 I bought from them.

They have recently. I have a '97 Wrangler, admittedly with some upgrades, but it's the most capable off-road vehicle I've ever driven, more capable than some ATVs.

>HP is lightyears ahead
I've heard good things about dell and hp business laptops.
But from my experience with an HP laptop, never again.

That HP was fucking trash, support was non existent, drivers were not working proper/non existent.
I will avoid HP anything for as long as I can.

It wasn't for a business, so I wouldn't expect on-site support. It was a personal laptop and it was around 30 hours from the time I dropped it off at UPS to the time it arrived on my doorstep.

Find me a service guide. A maintenance manual. Something that tells me how to replace a CPU in that laptop.

>the only issue I ever had with drivers was with the wireless adapter

Same shit I had, dell refused to admit fault and would not do an RMA. Network activity would drop to 0 after opening a movie larger than 100mb. No driver existed to fix the issue.

>HP is lightyears ahead.
0/10

The tech brand I'm loyal to is Intel.

>They have recently.
They really always have, but it wasn't so apparent until the vehicles got more power, more weight, etc. The axles under every solid axle Jeep are garbage, the control arms for those axles are garbage, the tie rods are weak garbage, the engines tend to be weak garbage. Off road capability is very laughable, too. Few Jeeps ever came with locking differentials, meaningful bash plates, or the ability to fit anything more than 29" tires from the factory.

Shit tons of proprietary sizes and connectors. Allows them to sell replacement parts (or service) at a premium.

That said, every school district ever has HP, Apple, and Dell computers. You can scalp parts if you catch them at the right time.

good goyim

Intel
Nvidia
Apple
Samsung
Comcast
Microsoft
AT&T
Time Warner
Reddit
Goldman Sachs
systemd

Sandisk for memory card and usb key.

Intel and Nvidia are really the only ones. Poorfags can stay mad. You've never been a factor nor will you ever.

I've found that the issue with the wireless adapter was Broadcom, not Dell. I got drivers straight from Broadcom's site for my chipset, they didn't work. I just replaced it with an Atheros adapter, works fine now.

As for the manual:
downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e5420_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

kek

wew lad

If you want it from the factory get a Rubicon. As for mine, I've put a D44 under the rear, regeared the front for 4.56 ratio (actually had someone do that job for me, I wasn't quite up to it), replaced all but the front upper control arms, tie rod and steering stabilizer, springs, steering shaft (necessity, not an upgrade, the u-joint was rattling like a motherfucker), springs, shocks, it's got 32" tires on it, I've added a steel front and rear bumper and a winch, the rear axle also has an ARB air locker and I've added spot lights to the front.

mein neger.

>jeeps
>garbage
haha me and my grand cherokee are laughing at your poor ass

>downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e5420_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

Interesting. I have never seen a manual this detailed from dell. I've looked in the past but could never find what I was looking for.

>If you want it from the factory get a Rubicon
you could just buy something better though

>systemd
>mfw the bait is just right

none because i literally see no difference between tech brands besides their logos and their specs. as long as it's a TV, appliance, computer, laptop, tablet, etc. that performs well, i'm going to buy it.

Yea, I could get a Rubicon, or I could buy something else. Good job on putting your locker in the correct place, though.
>he says in his ZJ

>Seagate

>decent reputation

Such as? Remember even a Rubicon which comes with a limited slip differential and HD springs, better axles etc. is still only $40k new.

>Awful support. Awful documentation. Fucking awful driver repository.

What laptops have you used from them? Their business models (Latitude and Precision) are the gold standard for laptop support. Never used their consumer laptops though. Consumer laptops are always trash.

Are White Label HDDs any good? I see a 4TB HDD for $110.

>INASCOMATRGs