The existence of gods

What if there's a supernatural entity that simply stops us from being able to comprehend the science behind the supernatural? As in it actually suppresses any thoughts about them. You can think about THINKING about them, but actually trying to prove it exists is a fruitless endeavour. Can you truly disprove the existence of a being like this?

inb4 >occam's razor

Other urls found in this thread:

universetoday.com/48619/a-universe-of-10-dimensions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no i think this is technology related.

Sup Forums is to the left
/x/ is to the right

faggot

He's an idiot. As far as normies are concerned, computers ARE paranormal.

But to answer your question OP:
That which can be neither proven nor disproved are not worth discussing.

Lots of things can't be proven or disproved, but that all depends on context. Could cavemen describe quantum physics? No, but could they think about similar concepts? Maybe. Can we currently prove or disprove this concept? No. So who are you to say we won't be able to in the future? Anything and everything is worth discussing.

Science explains the natural phenomena of our universe.
If there were such a thing as 'supernatural' (which there isn't) it wouldn't make sense to categorize it as science, or at all relating to technology.
If it's "supernatural", that means it is by definition unexplainable by science.
To add, cavemen have no use to discuss the concept of quantum physics, either.

>>x

>To add, cavemen have no use to discuss the concept of quantum physics, either.

What use do we have to discuss the supernatural? None, but people still like to do it. Dismissing something because current science can't prove it is why humanity has been set back time and time again.

"attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature."

Beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. We can't explain things using science until we research them, kid.

Oh fuck off to x. That's the place for this nonsense. Not g.

Anything is technology depending on what your definition of technology is.

okay then, come back when you've figured out a way to prove your shit. we then can proceed discussing the technology and maybe science involved to implement your proof. until such time, gtfo and stay out.

any god is a spook

The only existing god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Praise the noodles!

Here's a little backstory lore for your idea OP

>At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

A 1 dimensional creature (a dot) cannot see a 2 dimensional creature (a line).
A 3D creature (who can see height, but lives in a single point in time) can see the entire 2D and 1D world on a paper. But they cannot see him because he's above them.
A 4D creature (outside of time) can see the entire future and past, but we cannot see him.
Etc.

I'm not religious, but if there would be a 5D creature he for example could manipulate our entire world and see our entire present and future.

And we wouldn't even know.

Well we could possibly, much like how a 3D object casts a 2D shadow, a 4D object would cast a 3D one. How this would work for a 5D object I'm not sure, but why would such a creature even want to interact with us? We would be lower than germs to them.

Maybe he's a neet who likes germs.

No, not really
This is maybe /sci/ or /his/ thread

See are you saying you're a 5 dimensional neet?

there are no one dimensional creatures or two dimensional creatures or 3 dimensional ones (if we assume time is a 4th dimension)
there is no evidence for non-theoretical dimension beyond our own

Shadows are three dimensional, as can be seen with contrails (or chemtrails as they're called in the US) and in any room containing dust.
Your caveman analogy is fitting as they had no way to comprehend our modern science, which explains why we came up with such wonderful things as phlogiston and the four elements of bad music; earth, wind, fire and air. You're basically advocating that we waste time fumbling in the dark, coming with suggestions we can never back up with anything other than feelings.

I've seen this guy. Pretty much life energy parasite thing.

Of course. It's pretty hard to prove what you cannot easily observe.
But it's a pretty fun thought experiment. A 4D creature could see the entire 3D world. A 5D creature the entire 4D world.

If a 3D creature would try to interact with a 2D creature he would for example have to play with shadows or draw something.
The 2D creature would only perceive one line on one side of the drawing.
And he would think it would be one of them. I am Jesus, I am a single line (despite having drawn an entire character). But I am also the son of God, who ehh, is above you, which you cannot see.

Then the 2D creature would look up and would say: nothing here.
Or a 3D creature would head into space: nothing here.

universetoday.com/48619/a-universe-of-10-dimensions/

>there are no 2dimensional creatures

Say that to my waifu you anonymous faggot.

Fucking string theorists
Nothing they've ever created has any observational evidence but it's been around so long people just assume it's true

God detected.

Wait. What if the orbiting planets are actually electrons going around in an atom? And we are just a part of some massive god like being?

Wait. What if the atoms we are made of are actually solar systems and we are gods?!?

Woah. Really makes you think.

Our only gods are our own objects of our affection.

X DIMENSION

D
I
M
E
N
S
I
O
N

Maybe a 2D creature simply can't travel in time like we do. So it shows no signs of life to us.

The orbital model of atoms is hilariously wrong, we've known this for over fifty years but we still keep it around to get children through school with a very rudimentary understanding of how chemistry works.

X DIMENSION

D OP
I
M FAG
E
N GOD
S O#O
I DOG
O
N

>yfw all matter in the universe is alive