Why does Sup Forums hate gamer tech?

why does Sup Forums hate gamer tech?

Because Sup Forums is 18+

Because Sup Forums is poor.
Why do you think the rx480 is so popular?
Why do you think chinkphones are so popular?
Why do you think thinkpads are so popular?

Real reason:
Because Gamer shit is usually way overpriced and often times falls into the snake oil category.

For me it's a combination of paying a premium for the branding and OEMs prioritising the wrong things. RGB LEDs are fine and a nice feature, but if you include them in a product whose core function isn't already rock solid, then you're invoking the gamer meme and creating a subpar product.

>Gamer
>tech
Pick one you faggot..

Because it looks embarassing.

Buying gamer tech is like buying Beats. its not interesting for the tech savvy. we like to save money and have superior performance.

because the faggots like your pic love to argue how their shit is godly and will defend it without any proper arguments with proof it's inferior.

/thread
First tech then modifying that certain tech in a way it could use in gayming

Because it's an 18+ site

Why on earth do you even need all those leds?

Because usually it is inferior. If you want tech that is actually beneficial to people who play at a competitive level, you usually have to choose non "gamer" merchandise.

Because Sup Forums is all about SRS BSNS like anime and installing Gentoo and programming shit in Haskell, not plebian things like gaming.

Seriously though, Sup Forums needs to lighten the fuck up. I know it's not a gaming board, but GPUs, headsets, and mice are still technology.

What about gamers who agree that gamertech is snakeoil bullshit and make purchases based on performance, comfort and functionality?

Actually curious about this. As much as i enjoy gaming i refuse to gimp performance on the basis of shiny lights, are there others who feel the same?

Maybe I'm getting too close to middle age to understand the appeal.

Because a lot of stuff of which's demographic is "gamer" is cheaply made and overpriced as well as visually designed to appeal to kids. There are some exceptions here of course.

>I know it's not a gaming board, but GPUs, headsets, and mice are still technology.
Those aren't strictly "gaming technology" and definitely have their place here.

>Those aren't strictly "gaming technology" and definitely have their place here.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make.

Usually it's overpriced junk, and the people who buy it don't know what they're doing. Gaming mechanical keyboards tend to be shit quality, the mice tend to be overpriced, and the headphones are terrible. Anything by Razer or a similar gaymer brand will cost you twice what it's worth, and break in a year.

Other than that, it's much like why /k/ hates airsoft. Gaming is good fun and has its place, but the people that sink thousands of dollars into flashy accessories for it are fucking pricks who shit up the board.

Also, all those LEDs are fucking autistic.

A little bit of this

A lot of this

This too

LOL

The only rational response. There's plenty of GAYMEN hardware that's actually pretty good once you get past the cringey logos or extra LEDs and since it's such a high-demand market there is endless variety.

But most Razer stuff is overpriced shite. They are literally the Bose of PC hardware. Good enough that you can't get mad about it but nowhere near the best for the money.

>Identifying Micropenis: A Visual Guide

>Yep, that's micropenis.

cause its razer and that is overpriced bullshit

DESU I'd Anal rape that kid

UHP, TIME TO REBOOT AGAIN FOR THE RAZER™ SYNAPSE™ SOFTWARE™ UPDATE™

You think you do but you don't