/spg/ - Smartphone General - Proper OP Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>LG goes official with four new X-series smartphones: X power, X mach, X style, and X max
phonearena.com/news/LG-goes-official-with-four-new-X-series-smartphones-X-power-X-mach-X-style-and-X-max_id82291

>LeEco Rumored To Launch 8GB RAM Phone With Snapdragon 821 processor
gsmarena.com/letv_may_be_working_on_a_flagship_with_8gb_of_ram-news-18865.php

>New teaser confirms fingerprint reader, Helio X25 and 6GB of RAM in the Vivo X7
gsmarena.com/new_teaser_confirms_fingerprint_reader_helio_x25_and_6gb_of_ram_in_the_vivo_x7-news-18860.php

>Asus introduces the affordable Zenfone Pegasus 3 with a 5.2” display & 4100mAh battery
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_pegasus_3__metalbodied_marshmallow_on_a_budget-news-18840.php

>Android N Developer Preview 4 is out, APIs and SDK are final
gsmarena.com/android_n_developer_preview_4_is_out_apis_and_sdk_are_final-news-18846.php

>OnePlus 3 vs Samsung Galaxy S7: quick camera comparison
phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-3-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-quick-camera-comparison_id82288

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/6/14/11931290/oneplus-3-android-smartphone-review
engadget.com/2016/06/14/oneplus-3-review/
bgr.com/2016/06/14/oneplus-3-review-release-date-specs/
androidcentral.com/oneplus-3
aliexpress.com/store/product/spg/311331_32602840179.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Oneplus 3 has unofficial CM13 within a day after being released

Is Oneplus the only company that doesn't actively tries to fuck the developer community over?

They just prefer to fuck their customers over with dumb specs like 6GB RAM but only 3000 mAh battery.
The smartphone industry is simply "pick your poison" at this point..

>that camera comparison between the S7 and OP3

How much did he get his dick sucked for being that biased? I mean the OP3 is great, but his comments like "wow! the OP3 killed it!" sound so artificial, and also no low light comparison.

Still, the OP3 looks like a great phone for that price

Who cares as long as the phone lasts a full day, especially with quick charging available? The Oneplus One has a 3100 mAH battery and it was hailed as the God of battery life on its release, and the 3 has a more efficient CPU and an AMOLED screen.

I've been spending so long looking at new phones and deciding which one is best, before I realised my current one is nearly perfect for what I need. I feel like a retard for almost being tricked into the 'buy a new phone every year' meme

This. that "wow it's only 3000 mAh!!" meme needs to die. the reviews already said it lasts though the day easily.

>The 3,000mAh battery in the OnePlus is good enough to keep it going for a full day of heavy use and the aforementioned quick charging features make it easy to top up when needed. Of all the phones I’ve used this year, the only one that does better is the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and that’s only because it has a 20 percent larger battery.

theverge.com/2016/6/14/11931290/oneplus-3-android-smartphone-review

> Fortunately, the shift hasn't really changed much here. In our standard video rundown test (looping a video with the screen brightness set to 50 percent and WiFi connected), the OnePlus 3 stuck around for nine hours and 56 minutes, or about 50 minutes more than what its predecessor could muster.

engadget.com/2016/06/14/oneplus-3-review/

Brightness set to 50%? Shameful, if you aren't retarded you'll set all phones to the same intensity in nits. 50% brightness will be different from phone to phone.

Is the Moto E an actual usable phone? I want to get something small and cheap I can use as a beater phone/fitness tracker instead of having to carry my 5.5 inch phone around everywhere, but do I have to spend more than 50 bucks to get something that doesn't suck ass? I would get something like a Z3 compact but it almost costs as much as the Oneplus 3 which is stupid

>I noticed that battery life during the day was quite good - on par with some of the more power efficient smartphones - but that standby time overnight was poor, losing between 12 and 16% of charge while left on silent on a bedside table for seven hours. Most devices lose around 1% of charge per hour.

Doze broken?

>I had absolutely no trouble at all making it through a full day on a single charge, and that remained true even while I was testing the phone for this review and pushing it to its limits far more than a user would on a normal day.

bgr.com/2016/06/14/oneplus-3-review-release-date-specs/

>the OnePlus 3 continues to have great battery life just like its predecessor. My average day with the phone, which includes plenty of social networking, dozens of photos, podcast listening, emails and all sorts of typical smartphone uses, left me with about 25% battery after 15 hours. I used the OnePlus 3 just as I would any other phone, with near-max brightness, automatic syncing in every app, full location services and everything else turned on fully — I don't punish the phone, but I don't back off on its capabilities in order to extend battery life.

androidcentral.com/oneplus-3

tl;dr it's OK stop panicking.

hello faggots. i dont want to spend a fuckton of money on a phone. should i get a One Plus 3?

Only buy when you notice a real, actual and non trivial need.

What will have better longevity in terms of support / hardware degradation, slowdown etc:

iPhone SE or Galaxy S7 ?

It's a bulky, ugly-ass phone, anyway. Who the fuck even uses this shit other than people who brag about their shitty specs.

IT'S OCTA-COAR SOMETHING WOW

S7.

iPhone SE is already outdated.

>Bulky
It's about as non-bulky as a 5.5 inch phone can be. Thin, light, small bezels.

>ugly-ass
>Who the fuck uses this shit other than people who brag about their shitty specs
Apparently not people like you who seem to care more about how a phone looks than the actual specs, so you should stick to your iPhones.

Yes, see posts above.

>It's a bulky, ugly-ass phone,
iPhone faggot detected. go talk about the "fashion" and "style" and "looks" of your phone somewhere else, faggot.

I need a GSM unlocked phablet for Tracfone Wireless, what's the best chinese hunk of shit? All I care about is a large screen and decent hardware for nintendo DS emulation

lolno. 4S got 4 years of support. SE will get at least 3; S7 will get 2-3 and updates won't be quick.

Pretty sure it has a quad-core cpu.

By that reasoning the only reason the 4s good to updated as long as it did was because the hardware can handle it. If that's the case than the SE should be updated for at minimum 5 years since it's the fastest iPhone there is today and will age 10x better than the 4s

>look at our tests with brightness set to 50%
If a phone can't get me comfortly trough a 12h day with more than 50% brightness and wifi usage for standard tasks, it's trash.

How fast do wireless chargers charge? Not a fast charge one, would I be safe getting one and charging to 100% overnight while I slept? (7 hours)

where to buy chinkshit phones? looking to get the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

in yurop

aliexpress.com/store/product/spg/311331_32602840179.html

Ok I need help choosing a phone.

I live in America, care mostly about having a nice screen, but would like it to not be laggy aswell. My carrier is verizon. Budget $400ish if going up a few bones will get me a substantially better phone though I could be persuaded.

Hopefully getting a new phone today my iPhone 5 dies at 65%, all the buttons are broken, and the screen is coming off. it literally gets worse everyday for the passed week, I don't think she'll live to see another.

anyone got link to last thread?

> $400
OP3.

One Plus 3, why would you get anything else? Unless you really need a micro SD slot

>inb4
>'No micro sd slot to save muh 200tb of hentai into le trash ebic reddit xD'

It doesn't work with Verizon iirc? I was looking at the Nexus 6P for the last 10 mins is this a mistake? the OP3 is super nice, but afaik only works with AT&T and T-Mobile.

thank you nigga

32gb is more than adequate, I never filled my 16gb iphone after 4ish years.

willmyphonework.net

Very usable, screen quality isn't great and it doesn't have a LED flash, but it does work great as a phone and music player.

No CDMA. change carrier?
6P is meh.

It charges at about the speed of a computer USB plug. Which is capped at 500 mAh. It's more than enough to charge any phone throughout a night's sleep.

what is the best smarthpone for 200-300$?

>2016
>CDMA

Fucking Americans

>IT'S OCTA-COAR SOMETHING WOW
It's a quad core

I don't think Google planned obsolescence with the Nexus 5. Using mine since launch. Great phone.

brehs, I am in the market for a $200-$250 android phone with at least 16gb of internal storage and a fingerprint reader, what are my options?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.

if I don't want to use 4G it will work on verizon, this is not a solution.

Not switching carriers right now, kind of a bad time for me, more or less looking for a phone that fits my original requirements.

Not a phone fag, can you explain the weaknesses of CDMA to me?

You need to be more specific than that.

Then Mi5 or 6P.

I can get nexus 6P for 200€ is it worth it?

Umi Super

Same here, tried to replace it three times but came back to it every time.

Best phone per budget?
my list
100-200:Moto g3
200-300:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.
300-400:OP3
400-500:?
600-700:?

400 - 500: Note 4, easily.

Why would anyone spend more than 400 on a smart phone?

i was a bit reluctant to even consider buying a chinese phone but after seeing some reviews it looks pretty awesome. What's the best site to buy one of these from?

you pay for the privilege of choking on Verizon's cock

Aliexpress or Geaebest. Colleague used GB and got his in nine days.

>Google will never put an SD card slot on a Nexus phone.

I'm almost falling for the cloud meme tying to fit everything on my nexus 5's 32gb (more like 24).

see

I'm about to fall for the nexus 5x 32gb meme. I think it'll be enough.. I just want a phone with long term support from google and a great community.

>nexus 5x

It's terrible. Don't do it. Buying a 5 would be better.

why is it terrible?

Not him and I don't think it's terrible but it's just a bigger Nexus 5 with a fingerprint sensor and better camera. Probably better buys through chinkphones if they support your bands.

i'm pretty sure im gonna get the redmi note 3, but should I get the heliox10 version which is cheaper, or the "prime" which comes with a snapdragon, 1gb more ram? Also are there any marshmallow roms I can flash to this. Stock UI looks good but i like cyanogen/stock better

Battery issues. Screen issues. Rebooting issues. Only a few months old and price has been slashed. LG cut every corner on it they could because they were focusing on their own phones and were also mad as shit they lost developing the main model to Huawei.

maybe I'll wait for the nexus line in october..

I am in for a new phone, that's the problem. My zr starts to restart itself after 3 years. Shit sucks man.

Any feedback on Blackberry Classic?

FUCKING JEWS GIVE BACK SD CARD SLOTS

no

Nexus phones are intentionally gimped so they don't compete with proper flagships. That's just how it is, if hardware matters most you don't buy a nexus, if you only care about software you do.

The SD650 is much faster. you can flash AOSP or CM13 quite easily. there's also a 2GB SD650 version, although it's quite silly.

Definitely wait, on top of the aforementioned problems performance is subpar. Oneplus 3 will have good support software wise, and a great community - Cyanogen is already out - but not customer service wise.

Anyone had a Huawei Mate 8? Looking at getting one in the UK, are they worth it at all?

I want to get the ZTE Axon 7 already.

Or the Zuk Z2 Pro

OP3 has too many downsides for what price it is sold here.

5.5 inches is too big.

Please add "Shit on Touchwiz" to the OP.

I'm looking into replacing my 5 because it's not liking this SD card adapter at all. That and it keeps lagging out lately, probably also sd mounting related with music going.

Are chinkphones the only option outside of paying a fuckton for a powerful phone with a slot?

Grow up, kid.

>OP3 has too many downsides for what price it is sold here.
Same here, i want to buy it but can't fully justify the price for given flaws.

Oukitel reviews?

>Oukitel

Same for me; wait til Oct/Nov for the new Nexuses, or at least Sep for the announcement

Such as? And where is the Zuk Z2 cheaper than the OP3?

zuk z2 (non pro) cyanogenOS confirmation WHEN AAAAAH

Touchwiz is amazing!
I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to with the flick of a 'wizzzzz!

It's fast,intuitive,and AESTHETIC

how can i reset or change the imei of a phone?

Why do people pick shitty chinkphones considering they have really bad camera and lag?
These are the most important aspects of a phone.

>dual SIM but no SD
>3000 mAh
>2 GB more than S7(SD820) still slower multitasking
>camera bump
>2.5D

Can I get some dumbphone advice? I wanna get a new phone for my family for fathers day. Since his current one is falling apart, it's a samsung rugby and I was trying to get another durable phone to last a few years. Only ones I saw at att was like 250$ which I think is pure crazy for a flip phone. All it has to really do is call and text and not break easy.

You can't with any legitimate phone because it's illegal.

>want to get Redmi Note 3 Pro
>use AT&T
life's not okay, senpaitachi

Vernee Thor impressions

it works on AT&T though

not on 4G my man

Anyone got the RN3P running CyanogenMod? How is it, is it mostly bug free or should i wait longer until it gets more support?

Try asking in /csg/ a few days ago someone posted screencap with his RN3P running CM13.

oh well im a poorfag on Cricket so HSPA+ is not a problem

Only autists care about SD cards on 64 GB phones, same with people who complain about battery size when a phone lasts through the day, especially with quick charging.

Best carrier?