Getting back to android

I'm getting my second android phone ever since 2010 when it was still on 2.1.
What should i do with it day one ?

Don't buy Samsung low-mid end phones dude

Too late, this one's really good and i got it for 200€ less

> Really good
Sure thing man

Sorry for not wanting to spend enough to buy a small car on a phone dude.
Let it slide and just tell me what cool things i can do with it instead of just telling me it sucks

>What should i do with it day one ?

Return it and get an iphone.
Seriously, did you lose a bet or something?

WHY would you revert back to inferior products?

No, I meant that there are clearly superior phones in that price range

Yeah enlighten me on how inferior this is to my 5 years old iphone 4

This, samshit is generally horrible except maybe flagships. Go xiaomi or oneplus.

I got it for LESS than it's market price
I paid 280€

Android is OK but you will never get software updates and your phone will be obsolete in 2 years.

Since you got a samsung and not any random Chinese garbage phone you might actually get a update if you are lucky

it has a 64bit Exynos soc, a 1080p amoled screen, 2 gigs of RAM and Samsung build quality

it's fucking great for that price

It will be updated to 6.1 that's sure
I'm coming from an iphone 4 dude.. Clearly i dont give a shit about my phone becoming obsolete

Thank you ! Don't forget the 2 days battery life on casual use

I always liked the look of the A series. But which one is it

it's the A5 (6)

Go to XDA, root it, flash a ROM without Samsung's bullshit, a custom kernel, install greenify.
Enjoy your new phone.

Okay, what should you do? You should uninstall/disable all 3rd party bloat, then move on to Samsung's stuff (S-Health, S-Voice). Then you should install Nova launcher and customize it's settings to your liking. You should never use any antivirus software or cleaner/battery boost/ram cleaner/task manager crapware. If you run out of space move pictures and videos to the external SD card via the file explorer. Don't move apps to the external SD card. Also, if you run out of space go to the storage settings and click on the cache section. There you can delete the cache once it fills up.

He can't because he has an Exynos SoC. Enjoy your samshit OP. Even chinkphones get more support than your piece of shit. Samsung only cares about and updates it's flagships.

Holy shit useful basic advice on Sup Forums

Aren't you even going to mention gentoo?

>Then you should install Nova launcher
Don do that OP. You phone will look like a childrens toy.

Adults dont customize their phones. The stock launcher is great. You can also use google launcher if you want though.

>greenify
lel

thanks a lot ! i was planning on trying different launchers like nova, go and Z.
is there a preinstalled file manager ?

Nova unconfigured looks exactly like Google Now launcher you tard. And you shouldn't comment if you don't know what you're talking about as you've clearly never seen how the stock Samsung launcher looks like with its bubbly big IOS-ish icon pack.

i'm alright with that

>480 market price
>Sells for 270 in second world yuropian country

Where do you live user?

>support
If you want to install a glitch ROM made by some Indian

Dont fall for this bait, its only reasonable to install a custom rom a couple of years after your phone stops getting official support

And the official samsung A5 ROM has a lot more features.

Yes, there is a Samsung filemanager preinstalled that'll do the job and several alternatives on the Play store (Amaze (FOSS), Solid Explorer (Paid), MiXExplorer (from xda)). But I would be careful with GO software as it often contains Adware (Battery lockscreen, etc).

i live in belgium, but i got the phone that cheap because a guy wont it somehow and didn't give a shit about it, he never opened the box and sold it low price so he would get rid of it faster

>Nova unconfigured looks exactly like Google Now launcher you tard.

Not really. And just get the stock google now if you want that.

And there is no icon pack on the default launcher are you retarded

op here, touchwizz is the childiest looking of the two imo

The default icons of Samsung's apps all have the same style you tard. You don't deserve the re in front.

You are retarded. Any customization makes it look more childish.

That is not an icon pack is it? retard

POO IN LOO PAJEET

well you've been the only guy to answer my initial question here, you won this thread

Of course it is, what's your point? They're just default. You don't even deserve the tard.

alright that's your opinion, how about phones that comes with stock android ? do they not look childish because it's not a customisation ? yeah great point m8

I said customized phones look childish.

Nova launcher, custom icons, etc. All that garbage.

Don reply to my comments anymore please.

The first thing you should always do to a new Android phone is root it and install the Xposed Framework. You can then optionally install a custom ROM because the stock ROM is usually shit. Also install FDroid app store because it has better apps than the standard Play Store.

Some great root/xposed apps include Amplify, AdAway, Unbeloved Hosts, NewPipe, GravityBox, App Settings, Tasker (Has more features when rooted), Greenify, Device Control, Kernel Adiutor, Root Browser and Wifi Password.

They absolutely don't look childish but I'm quite amused by your opinion that Samsung's TouchWiz somehow looks professional

Dude, we're already over this. It's an Exynos

yeah sure

actually I said touchwizz looks more retarded than nova, i'm totally intalling nova

Customized phones look childish because only (man)children do it.

> Installing Nova launcher is for manchildren
> Installing Google Now launcher is for _serious adults only_
Good thing you escaped the slippery slope downhill, those pesky little kids almost got you to install a launcher other than Google Now which would rapidly endanger your manliness and serious adultness.

What?
Are you denying customizing your phone is for children?

lel

How does that change anything? I have a rooted and xposed s6 edge running Deodexed Xtrestolite MM that works fine.

>implying customisation is for children

this guy uses windows 10

Legit answer:

>Mess with all your settings until the phone is set up how you like it
>install nova launcher and make your homescreen perfect for you
>Replace the stock samsung bloatware with better options (browser, email, sms, keyboard, etc.)
>download the apps you use and set them up

Its not rocket science, OP

I guess he means that most mid to low tier phones that run on an Exynos chip don't usually have devs working on them

I picked up an S7 yesterday. Shit's pretty good. Installed Nokia z launcher. Had to get the latest one that doesn't have the option to turn off icons. Feels bad man. Installed Minuum keyboard. Overall, comfy like my old phone. I'm sticking to flagship phone from now on.