There's a meme going around Sup Forums that a 480 can beat a 1070

There's a meme going around Sup Forums that a 480 can beat a 1070.

Amd Fucbois, Please provide proof of an OCed 480 beating a 1070

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
videocardz.com/61121/asus-and-msi-accused-of-sending-modified-cards-to-the-press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The card isn't even out yet you retard

It wont, it's just shills lying

Sure is summer

This.

What's sad is many of them are false flagging too, because they know rumors like that will only hurt AMD once the card is actually released.

It's winter you dick.

Not everyone live on the northern hemisphere.

>it's winter
fuck off brazil

It's lies it took 2 CF 480's to make it to 1080 speeds. I know what hes talking about tho I have the chart showing that the 480OC can reach 1070 speeds but I'm 100% sure its fake.

What the fuck? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Why would AMD users have a heavily overclocked GTX 480 anyways?

rx480 is slower than a 970 out of the box. it won't reach 1070 levels with an oc.

Kid, I advise you to shut the fuck up.

>kid

i'm a reviewer. i have a 480 that i have to send back in 3 weeks, i still chose to use my 970 for day to day usage in that time because the 480 both performs worse and STILL draws more power.

Even if it did, what's stopping you from just OCing the 1070?

Take a pic of the 480 then and post proof. Shouldn't be hard.

I was expecting it to be on par with the 970 both in performance and power draw.

Looks like AMD is still playing catchup.

Why don't you post some proof there unless your an Nvidia shitposter

>amd is the best their flagship is almost as good as nvidias mid range offering! nvidia is over!

>believes some one from Sup Forums who clames to be a reviewer.

Well fuck I got a RX-480 from AMD and it's faster then the 1070 and with a TDP of 95w. I also know your mother and she hates you.

That's funny. Mine works perfectly and runs faster than my GTX 980TI.

Maybe you're doing something wrong?

We're waiting, faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

videocardz.com/61121/asus-and-msi-accused-of-sending-modified-cards-to-the-press

This kinda merits a new post, but since I'm against having 5 or 4 simultaneous daily video cards bantz thread I decided to simply post it on the first one I saw.

it likely won't beat it, but it will likely come close, and how close for what cost makes all the difference.

personally founders is a non buy from me on price alone, but even reduced... if amd is getting 80-90$ for a full 80$ less (or you got a golden card on stock 180) that would be a very big blow.

June 29th is the day we make contact. Prepare your anus, Nvidiot.

thermal throttling and a shit oc method.

I don't believe you.

>kid

sure is highschool here

>O no. Some companies sent cards with 1% higher clock speeds to reviewers. The humanity!

AMD shills are getting desperate.

> There's a meme going around Sup Forums that a 480 can beat a 1070.

Not exactly true. What most people really saying is that the 480 is extremely good performance for less than half the price of the 1070.

We're looking at a $200 card compared to a $450 card. For the price you pay, you're surely getting your bang for your buck with the 480. Not to mention the watt usage is really really good.

Isn't 1070 $379?

No one will sell for msrp you fucking retard.

Founders edition pricing is effectively msrp.

You can't even find a $450 1070 which is sold out on Nvidia store since all the price gougers on Amazon lists theirs for $550+

just everyone who counts.

epic nda breach nigger

It might be possible. The 480 comes with a 1200 clock and the 1070 comes with a 1600 clock. It stands to reason that with a good cooling solution it could be OC'd up 25%.

It's been happening with AMD and Nvidia cards

shill confirmd.