IOS 10

It seems like they are done. Nothing notable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I
youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-problems-and-solutions
macstories.net/stories/working-on-the-ipad-one-year-later-still-my-favorite-computer/
developer.apple.com/app-extensions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seriously, what's the point of this?

Normies sure losing their mind over it. I'm personally more interested in Google's assistant coming in in chats to look up stuff.
>inb4 botnet

No, but why any of this? Isn't a simple text-based conversation enough?

Normies think text messages don't express enough emotion.

I guess it's this new culture of messaging that these apps have cultivated. It's the only way I can describe it. Apple just seems to want to capitalize on their most popular service by putting even more gimmicks than FB.

APPLE INVENTED STICCKERS!!! LAGDRIDS BTFO AND BANKRUPT

>still faster than android
>still manages ram better
>still looks better and more consistent
>still gets software updates forever
>still supports imessage

apple is finished

>can finally "uninstall" factory loaded apps
>still can't designate a third party app as the default
10/10 APPLE WINS AGAIN

It is for when you wish to let the recipient know that you are experiencing an emotion in a way that only a Disney Animated Universeā„¢ character can explain.

>still supports imessage

lel

Been a Mac user since the Titanium Powerbook days... this was the second worst WWDC ever, what a load of fucking garbage, an entire conference full of shit for plebs.

Probably because it provides such little functionality with all the restrictions in place, and even then it's bloated as fuck.

Nailed. Nailed. Nailed.

>still runs out of battery faster

>looks better and more consistent
Looks like android though, are you suggesting android looks better than ios?

>still faster
>still gets software updates till forever
Kek, delusional poorfag.

>imesaage
No one with average or above iq even care about that shit. If you can't afford to text, you can't afford the phone.

Bloated?
Android is the one that comes packed with carrier apps, microsoft apps and all type of garbage.

>little functionality
>muh emulators
>muh icon packs
lel

Well, if you call that functionality

>Looks like android though, are you suggesting android looks better than ios?
>implying android looks consistent
lel

>Kek, delusional poorfag.
Sure buddy.
Show me any android that is faster or has better ram management or more software updates than my iPhones

>No one with average or above iq even care about that shit. If you can't afford to text, you can't afford the phone.
>still using SMS
>current year
top fucking keke
enjoy your character limit, lack of picture/video/file sharing and lack of group chats.

They do actually manage ram and software updates much better.

iOS 10 seems like the first version to finally look comfortable with its flat style. Despite iMessage getting more obnoxious, iOS 10 looks thicker, more functional, and more open to developer support than ever before. It's missing some things I want from Android (and I would never switch from Android without being able to jailbreak) but it looks far from disappointing.

You know you have a good product when all Sup Forumsentoos can do is attack the user.

>I feel like... like... I don't know... shit I wish I had my phone there is a Donald Duck emote that perfectly shows what I feel

Apple products are shit and apple products are for communists. Ask Louis Rossmann, he will prove it to you.

Take it easy lads, stickers have been usable in Android and 3rd party apps for a while now.

Maps and Message extensions are gonna be a huge deal for app developers.

You know some one is buttblasted when you see a post like this

Great post dude

Don't you understand meaning of the word 'No notable additions'
>Stuff that android had for years

Lack of arguments and heavy meme usage are also very telling

But I dont blame Android users. They dont know better.

>lack of arguments
As if
>heavy meme usage
Stickers is innovation, right?

But I don't blame iFags.Homos always will find sucking dick addictive no matter how much I feel sorry for them.

Android doesn't attract the kinds of users that iOS app developers want.

Developers treat Android like a third-rate platform for poor people and software pirates, not to mention that most users are constantly one or two major versions behind, until they buy their next $50 prepaid Android trash phone.

Android fanboys like to compare bullet point feature lists like they mean something, but while it might have similar functionality, it's typically patchy, poorly defined, inconsistent, and insecure.

>still hittin' them corners in them low-low's girl
>still takin' my time to perfect the beat
>still got love for the street

Hey, Sup Forums tard here.
An OP just stole an Iphone (he white) and wants to know how to pass the code. It's a 6S on IOS 10 any advice?

Actually, FaceBook was the first with stickers.

Yeah, your smooth animations cover up for the fact that it's still working on it.
LMAO no. Seriously, run a fresh jailbreak without any tweaks vs an anything rom. The percentages don't lie.
You can make it look more consistent if you want to, it's your choice.
There are phones that only were designed for Android 2.0 in the wild with android 6. I'm not seeing anything running iOS 4 running iOS 10.
>still supports imessage
Apple is porting iMessage to Android.

>Yeah, your smooth animations cover up for the fact that it's still working on it.
>blaming animations
ahah no
>LMAO no. Seriously, run a fresh jailbreak without any tweaks vs an anything rom. The percentages don't lie.
hhaha no
>You can make it look more consistent if you want to, it's your choice.
You can change how apps look on android?
hahaha no
>There are phones that only were designed for Android 2.0 in the wild with android 6. I'm not seeing anything running iOS 4 running iOS 10.
Ok? They arent because they would be extremely laggy
lel
>Apple is porting iMessage to Android.
HAHAHAHHA
That is the good one

youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I
>android
>fast

[citation needed that isn't hogwash speculation]

I wasn't commenting on iOS 10 but rather the culture behind modern emotes. Read what I replied to.

If you are fighting for one side or the other you are blind anyway. See the bigger picture.

/thread

The fact is that most people now prefer to have conversations via text.

Rather than try to reverse this behavior - as text IS a supremely shitty method of communication - Apple decided to try and enhance the experience of texting.

I think it's actually fantastic that they're making it easier for people to express emotions, and express emotions in new ways via text. "Normies" are freaking out about it because now, just maybe, it will be easier to get more complex and genuine emotions across via a communication medium that is increasingly becoming the norm.

not but
>Yeah, your smooth animations cover up for the fact that it's still working on it.
>blaming animations
>ahah no
no data from either of you
>LMAO no. Seriously, run a fresh jailbreak without any tweaks vs an anything rom. The percentages don't lie.
>hhaha no
no data from either of you
>You can make it look more consistent if you want to, it's your choice.
>You can change how apps look on android?
>hahaha no
yes, we've been doing framework re-skins since gingerbread, go to xda and look at the edgelord black gapps packs that are everywhere
>There are phones that only were designed for Android 2.0 in the wild with android 6. I'm not seeing anything running iOS 4 running iOS 10.
>Ok? They arent because they would be extremely laggy
>lel
trade iOS for Android and you have a mirrored argument, so void
>HAHAHAHHA
>That is the good one
only normies want this stupid cancer, i hope it never comes

or we copy the Japanese with a more complex character set, which we kind of are with all these new emoji and images

honestly given how rich their smart phone market is and how information dense their text is it does help explain why computers are mostly office machines. Most people barely use things past netbooks for word docs and web browsing anyway.

Most people in Japan still use dumb phones, and Shift-JIS was a result of the default char encoding for their computers.

Sure, they are cool - but it's a step backwards. Why go back to a crude form of text communication when we have the ability to express ourselves through text even more fully?

have fun lagging with 3gigs of ram androfags, still sliding with my 2012 smartphone :^)

Wicked fast on my 12.9 iPad pro.

Just exactly wtf are you talking about?

So ;tldr Apple attracts people who are too dumb to do shit amirite

>as text IS a supremely shitty method of communication
Wrong! Text is extremely good at communication. Full of humor and subtlety. But the current generation of text users don't actually -read- a lot, and therefore are woefully inadequate at picking up clues. Text communication is more than 140 characters at a time. I cringe whenever someone says "TL;DR" at something with 3 paragraphs.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>nuh-uh
>le 2011 lagdroid meme
>iPoorfag

why not iOS X

>being this much of a pathetic samefag

Nah.
youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI

>The percentages don't lie.
You're not retarded right? You know how percentages work right? Android phones come with more RAM. If they came with the same amount of RAM as the iPhone they would barely function.

I use android myself but I can't believe there are underageb&s who actually think the performance and optimization between the two platforms are debatable. Fucks sakes.

They will slow down old iphones for planned obsolence though

>can finally "uninstall" factory loaded apps
Still waiting for android to let you do this.

>inb4 android lets you do this too after you fuck around on your phone for hours and read dozens of XDA posts by pajeets

>not wanting to deal with the pain in the ass that is android
>u-ur just dum

>wanting a product that's complete when you take it out of the box, as opposed to having to massage it into a working state yourself = too dumb to do things oneself

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And I've watched a 2016 presidential debate.

This. Only total fucking retards would crippled iShit that needs chinkinese botnet hacks just to make it not a locked down useless piece of shit.

Very reading.
Much comprehension.
Wow.

It's Microsoft messenger! Times gone full circle!

They literally talked about emojis for like an hour in the keynotes. Nothing new to announce, nothing gamechanger. They are really out of ideas and the sense of design. This is what happens when you put all your investments onto a single person. And he died, company died.

Nice bait you fucking retard

>10
>not X
fucking dropped

Nice comeback you fucking retard.

Android lets you deactivate most of them tho, simply by going to them in the settings and click "reset to stock" and "deactivate".

>living in the us
Huehuehue

>haha no
>haha no
>haha no
>haha no
>haha no

iFag can't even argue

i can play youtube videos in another tab of safari and the sound still plays and do google maps at the same time

everything else i don't give a fuck about

great now I gotta upgrade from my 4s
is the 5 any good?

>raw pics
>can remove most system apps
>local AI

At the end of the day you laughed at iOS for something it does better than android

They actually changed OS X to macOS

They use animations to make up for it being slow
Android manages RAM way better, stop looking at samsung bloat phones and comparting iPhones to it
Its pretty consistent unless you use apps for normies that don't care about looks (mostly social media related apps)
Phones designed for 2.0 (2009) are running 6.0 (2015) today. Apple products wouldn't even got this far. The iPhone 4 got obsolete because it didn't support voice recognition.
>still supports imessage
iMessage is utter shit and is being ported to android if you really care (you shouldn't)

Also
Bigger store
Can put pirated music on phone without using windows/mac
Bigger batteries if you get something decent
Headphone Jack
Things we do without root still isn't possible even with jailbreak
SD Cards
Dual SIM
Custom ROMS
Custom Launchers
Live Wallpapers (iOS has this but its implentation is beyond poor)
Icon Packs
Able to set things such as default music player, browser, sms app, dialer app, camera app and lots more

>trumphumper
>dude 420 lmfao totally edgy
summerrrrrrrr!!!!!!

see and Educate yourself before shitposting next time.

>
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH YES
this fag cant even argue

>
>Bloated?
>Android is the one that comes packed with carrier apps, microsoft apps and all type of garbage.

>he doesn't get retail
>he buys from samshit for extra bloat
Get something good jezus christ

>>little functionality
>>muh emulators
>>muh icon packs
>lel
>Well, if you call that functionality

A is more functional then iPhones in any way possible
Icon packs are functionality and do nothing against your productivity, same with emulators (unless addicted but don't blame android for that)

>>Looks like android though, are you suggesting android looks better than ios?
>>implying android looks consistent
>lel

It does, where doesn't it?

>Show me any android that is faster or has better ram management or more software updates than my iPhones

Nexus Phones have the best and most frequent updates
RAM Management is in the very kernel it self, Linux

>>No one with average or above iq even care about that shit. If you can't afford to text, you can't afford the phone.
>>still using SMS
>>current year
>top fucking keke

>not using instant messengers such as WhatsApp, Signal, Kik, Telegram and many more

swift playgrounds looks like a bunch of fun.

TL;DR

They implemented literally the sme feature that android had for years. The system apps you "uninstall" are just disabled and hidden.

You realize starting with Lollipop (i think) you could disable and effectively uninstall any application on your phone, right? It still takes up the space (lol few MBs)

Having bad APIs is worse than having none in my opinion. Apple take the time to implement things properly, text selection and copy & paste is awful on Android.

No replies. Android users on suicide watch.

How exactly is iOS useless?

>How exactly is iOS useless?

It's better that things get polished before a major release rather than Google and Microsoft rushing out crap like Allo and Windows 8.

Still not hearing any reasons, you've literally got nothing. It's pathetic.

>iToddler thinks his iPacifier isn't useless

I won an iPad pro at a work raffle. Utterly ridiculous prize. I was thinking of buying a tablet soon. Should I sell it and buy a cheaper android one or keep it?

Look at this shit, this is Android: androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-problems-and-solutions

Wow, just wow. Did you really expect me to explain my positions to YOU? It's $CURRENT_YEAR, user. If you don't automatically share my unbacked opinions, you're definitely on the wrong side of history here. Just stop.

not him but

no webm support
no decent file managers
no .zip support
no reskin of any app or function
no /system level app access

what else, boys?

Have a look at some of the cool stuff Federico Viticci is doing with the iPad at MacStories.

macstories.net/stories/working-on-the-ipad-one-year-later-still-my-favorite-computer/

Loads of great software.

no java
no google botnet
no slowdown
no shitty playstore

The thing you need to consider is that iOS doesn't do things the Android way because it leads to buggy and insecure software. Apple have spent years carefully and considerately adding APIs that allow developers to offer behaviour to the system through the means of sandboxed out of process extensions.

developer.apple.com/app-extensions/

Lots of the common complaints levied against iOS are fixed by extensions.