GTKucks Thread

>no filepicker
>getting cucked by Red Hat
>no real development
>removing features all the time
>gtk themes breaks every releases

You can always fork and develop your GTKfork on your own.
Imagine how the world would be better if you could always fork Windows.

You don't need to fork Windows because literally everything is programmable with Win32 libs, not that you'd know anything about that because you're a ricer babby

I really wish someone would just do that. Qt is just way overkill if al you want is a UI toolkit.

All of these are lies.

>no filepicker
do people who develop gtk not use web browsers?
>having to look through your files beforehand to figure out what image you use

PyQt

disclaimer: i have never worked with gtk, the only gui stuff i have ever played around with is javafx, the only mentionable work i have done is in pyqt. to me, the list goes
not doing gui shit > javafx > pyqt > everything else i've looked into (cpp based qt, java swing, browser based shit)

>PyQt
>adding a slow interpreter to a behemoth of a library suddenly makes it lean and slim

Great post dude

you clearly understand the concept of FOSS. "i can script it" is completely beside the point; you can script everything with FOSS as well because, you know, you have the code. you simply also have the added benefit of, you know, having the code.

>Select drop down menu
>Menus literally vanishes
>gtk kucks have to drag and select the menus
C U C K
U
C
K

okay then. not sure where i claimed it is, but okay then.

Then why even answer to your preposter.

Just look at this piece of shit lmao

They use their file manager to pick the file they need to upload. Imagine that, using technology that already exists for the very purpose of why it exists.

it's not a efficient process, especially when you have a gallery of images that have no naming scheme because it would be a waste of time to give names or tags to thousands of images

It's worse actually. If you use Gnome the open and cancel buttons are in the headerbar. The open button is right where the X (close) button usually is.

>Qt5 releases
People move to Qt5
>gtk3 releases
People block their updates

but literally everything uses GTK
I'm sorry but that's just how it is

Using a file manager to search the file you wish to find is not an efficient process? What the fuck am I reading here?

I have to open my file manager and look for the image I want to use
then I have to open the file picker and find the same image, because there's no image preview whatsoever

So don't open your file manager more than once. Problem solved.

>but literally everything uses Windows I'm sorry but that's just how it is

Same arguments Winfags uses

>what is drag and drop
It's still a workaround, but you make it appear way more complicated than it is.

Try uploading anything from your NFS. I am not even nitpicking, But gtk3 file save/upload dialogue is just plain bad. It's just horrible. I can't even bookmark my fileserver at all. So each and every time I want to save something to my server I manually have to go to this:
/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=192.168.X.Y,port=WXYZ,user=MYUSER/run/media/SERVERUSER/storage/
^^Manually!!
I tried symlinking but uploader dialog will just upload the .desktop entry upon selection.
KDE doesn't have this problem. Instead of making a shiny and "modern" nautilus at least GNOME and gtk people should learn to bear functionality in mind. Like basic functionality of resizing thumbnails. Or ability to open/preview items from the file upload dialogue (Applies to KDE as well).
Why does the ability to minimize/maximize and reposition the main panel have to be enabled via an extension? What are GNOME people thinking?

I'm used to the way windows does it
which is much easier to use

Does that mean anything? Just because one particular group of people use an argument, does it automatically become false?

>What are GNOME people thinking?
They aren't I assume.

Gnome wants you to have one window per virtual desktop. If this is the case, there is no need to maximize or minimize any window.

Clearly GNOME people are not familiar with making a research paper or writing a report or having a job

What do you mean? I do all those things with my virtual desktop screens that are currently 12 windows long. It works fine for my 1366x768 laptop.

>or having a job
They're mostly Red Hat employees.

I mean this

>feel good inc
ayy

I used to be an /r9k/ fag

If it's the Gorillaz's Feel Good Inc., then I don't care where you're from. It's good music.

>consistent UI
>less bloat
>more support from popular applications
>CSS styling
>bad

>red hat
>putting a gui on it
>muh theemz

you get what you deserve

my beef with pyqt is being generated from c++ you get strange Q types with no docstring popping up everywhere, better to do most the work with qtquick

>imagine how the world would be better if Windows was a disjointed shitty mess of fork after fork spawned by trivial mailing list squabbles each with its own pros and cons instead of a community working on improving a single unified platform

>imagine how the world would be better when developers can waive all responsibility and just tell people disgusted by their shit code to fork it and fragment the platform further, provided it's even worth their time to understand their poorly organized spaghetti

sounds like the current state of linux distributions

Cuck

That's their point. I thought it was funny.

drag and drop doesn't work with a nfs you have to put it on your main fs before you can drag it to your browser

DELET THIS