Why the fuck are camera's so expensive? I just want something decently better than my phone camera...

Why the fuck are camera's so expensive? I just want something decently better than my phone camera, which is like 5MP and horrible

Is it just worth it buying like a used One Plus One or something for an upgraded phone and decent camera?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ricoh-GR-DIGITAL-Digital-Camera/dp/B002W6Z80C/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1466150320&sr=1-3&keywords=Ricoh GR
techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/oneplus-one-1244307/review/6
ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T1i-EOS-500D-15-1-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-w-Canon-18-55mm-Lens-/231980495239?hash=item36031d7187:g:Vo4AAOSwc1FXYbcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any 70$ compact digital will thrash those smartphone 'cameras'

Because you're a silly cuckold who doesn't understand lenses.

amazon.com/Ricoh-GR-DIGITAL-Digital-Camera/dp/B002W6Z80C/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1466150320&sr=1-3&keywords=Ricoh GR

Just buy this instead and fuck off.

These look fine
techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/oneplus-one-1244307/review/6

There's like one offer for 300 bucks or something

>cameras
>expensive
There's a shitload of cheap used SLRs out there. Just scan the prints if you want them in digital form.

I wouldn't want to deal with physical film at all man

then buy a used dslr body and some lens
ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T1i-EOS-500D-15-1-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-w-Canon-18-55mm-Lens-/231980495239?hash=item36031d7187:g:Vo4AAOSwc1FXYbcQ

Not necessarily. Cheap compact cameras are absolute shit, I get way better image quality from my s6 than some of the cheapo compacts i've tried.

If you just want to do photography, get like a 500d or a 5xxx nikon. d90 is also great. Kit lens is shit, get some old m42 primes (jupiter 135mm 3.5 is amazing and you can get it for 10 bucks, and there are many many other nice lenses). Second hand dslr body of course. They very rarely break.

Lazy impure nigger detected

hipster faggot detected.

>Links a $340 10mp camera
>Tfw my $300 smart phone has a 13MP camera

Fuk u niggaaaa

>muh mpx

>being a snobby film bitch

I doubt you take even decent exposures with your 30 year old piece of shit. Get with the convenience of the times, hipster.

Leave my F2 out of this you smarmy cunt

cheap point-n-shoots use the exact same sensors as smartphones. They just have a crappy zoom lens bolted to them, instead of a tiny plastic ~28mm equivalent prime.

>nikon
>m42
enjoy your lack of infinity focus

It's the lenses+Sensor+Proprietary Controller each company makes.

Because it costs money to teach children that apostrophes don't belong in plurals.

You fucking illiterate faggot.

My camera has 8mp. Pic related.

Nvmd, turns out it has 12.

One more photo.
Olympus EPL1 with a kit lens. Goes for maybe 150€ used on ebay. What's your excuse?

those are some depressing looking commie blocks you live in

I honestly wish they would just make a cheap point and shoot with fixed focal length and a decent sensor. I don't want android on it, I don't want instant facebook share bullshit, wifi, they can even leave out the fucking display for all I care. Just give me decent optics + decent sensor for a reasonable price.

There are some cameras by Fujifilm that are about what I'm looking for, but they are like 1000 USD, it's insane.

>Japan
>Commie

>what is sensor size
>what is an aperture
>what is a lens
>how do I shot web

are there pure niggers?

>cancerous chromatic aberration everywhere

say that to my lens and not on the internet and see what happens

may i pose for your lens?

>have good camera
>except its absolute dogshit in lowlight

No. Only technology and 日本の風景

you're missing out fun

Nikon d3300. Try it, user. Best entry-level dslr in the mrket rn.

>kit lens
No wonder why that photo looks so fucking shit.

Because You're not giving Pentax a chance. They have god tier equipment for nearly half the price of Canon/Nikon/Sony competition. They're the only non Nipponjew photography company out there.

>"camera's"
kill yourself

I wouldn't want to deal with physical film at all man >If you just want to do photography,
I just need something better than my shitty phone camera that can also hopefully do 1080p video of decent quality

but honestly the cellphone seems like a decently good idea just to upgrade everything

if you don't shoot fast moving objects
5yo camera will be ok

NIGGER I FUCKING A FUCKING DIGITAL SLR WITH A LENS FOR YOU

I can't purchase from ebay, they don't accept my debit card

Where are you from

US/Master Card/Credit Union

You should be able to pay with a master card,would probably even help to make a paypal account

Would rather not trust pay pal with my info, plus it'd be annoying to always have to transfer funds

I don't need anything too great, just decent, currently trying to find a One Plus One on the relatively cheap but they seem to have made very few of the original

check pawn shops and craigslist in your area then, if not just go with what you were gonna go with

>I don't need anything too great, just decent

ffs just find a used electronics store locally and buy a used dslr/compact camera

literally *anything* modern will be better than a phone camera, shrinking the sensor and more importantly shrinking the lens size inherently reduces maximum quality obtainable

second hand market.

i got a Sony A3000 with aftermarket lense (forgot model specification) for 180€ used which both cost about 350€

it shoots miles better than any smartphone will in the next decade

Wrong, sir. Wrong.

just pay with paypal using your debit, dont need to make an account

Anyone have that link to that kickstarter camera that had literally like 40 difference lenses of different sizes on it?

Of course, gotta think about it and look around, but there's also the convenience factor

You can just pay through Paypal with your debit card, don't have to transfer funds into it.

1. D3300 refurb from Nikon
2. Tamron 18-200mm VC
3. Have fun

delet this

I still use a 4MP canon camera from many years ago and all my pictures are excellent.

Canon S40.

>expensive
Only one answer: market segmentation.

Back in the 80's Japanese optical companies discovered it was cheaper making good quality lenses for toys and professional cameras instead of multiple production lines where som were designed to make substandard lenses.

So they made many products with great lenses but at very different prices. Financially speaking this was a really clever move.

So the company I used to work for saved a lot of money by buying ... Japanese toy cameras and taking them apart for their lenses only.

>people actually believed that this kind of cameralense alignment does make sense

The reason it's like that is because of how everything lines up inside. It actually makes a lot of sense even if it does look weird.

Because you're buying a computer coupled with precision mechanisms and optics all contained in a box that fits in your hand.

Based almost entirely on the light that comes through a 1" opening, it analyzes the situation to reproduce the proper colors, figures out the correct exposure, makes an educated guess to what it is you're taking a picture of and converts these calculations into mechanical motion to drive the lens mechanisms into the right setting. All that within a split second. Plus with a DSLR, it does all this without obstructing your view of the scene; the light you see in the eyepiece is the same light that comes in through the lens.

There are so many cheap, good, used DSLRs it's ridiculous.

Get something with 10-12 MP or higher.

And get some GOOD glass. Note that good does not necessarily equal expensive.