I'm a Sennhesiserfag through and through...

I'm a Sennhesiserfag through and through, yet I saw the beyerdynamic DT 770 and now I'm conflicted on whether or not I should get the HD 598's or these.

Help Sup Forums, which ones are better?

I have the DT770 Pros 250 ohm version and they're great desu senpai

proud owner of a beyerdynamic dt770 for the last 4years and they are still rocksolid even after my horrible abuse.

Are they better than the Sennies I want, though?
I'm all for brand loyalty but if they're this solid, I'll definitely invest into getting them.

>I'm all for brand loyalty
that's retarded

The thing is, Sennheiser has always been fantastic in quality and I've always used them but what I'm saying is that if the DT770's are better, I'll get them.

Well im not a accusticautist but they sound fucking good for the money even Sup Forums guides and /hpg/ agrees on that. Also build quality is at indestructable tier. I smashed my dt770 against a wall, sit on it and droped it like 100times appart from a few scratches everything is still fine and working 100%

Seconding.
Literally the thinkpads of headphones. With an decent equalizer you can get every sound signature you'd like.

they are different not better, do some research before opening stupid thread

They're good. MDR-7506 are also god tier and I always use them. Note that if you're not going to use an amp, get the 80 ohm beyerdynamics as your typical phone or computer doesn't have enough power to drive them.

Basically if you wanna save some money get the mdr-7506, if not get the dt 770 they are very good.

Have any recommendations for a decent DAC?

I meant to quote

Beats by Dre

/thread

looking for solidity huh ?
beyers don't brake unless you're retarded

Yeah, solid physically and sound-wise.

My iPhone 6+ and MacBook Pro both drive my DT770 250ohm

I got them both, the dt770 are the best for music imo, but you have to like bass because they're super bass heavy. If you are looking for gaming headphones the hd 598 are far better because they're comfortable as hell (the dt770 clamp is too strong for my taste) and because they're openback which means excellent separation. In the end it really depends on what you are looking for.

Got the 80 ohm one and they are great. Although they sound ok on my PC, on my phone they sound a bit low. Plugged them on a receiver and it sounds louder an better than on pc or phone. Thinking of getting a dac/amp for it. Considering the schiit stack.

>I'm all for brand loyalty
It's a way to say "I'm retarded". This is especially true in consumer audio where no manufacturer ever seems to get their shit straight among all options and price points.

Also your options are complete whack OP. You just picked up some similarly priced options which had good reviews on Amazon or something, not realizing how entirely different these two headphones are by design and sound wise.

I have tested a few Senn and Beyer headphones several times now, imho Beyer is sturdier, my DT880 saw some pretty heavy use with no side effects, FR is rather different and i've seen people i've seen people preffer one or the other for several reasons, so i guess it's personal when it comes to that.

I drive my dt 770s with my x200's built in audio and my s5's built in audio. I do not notice any distortion at all. On my desktop I use a Monoprice DAC/AMP.

I forgot to mention, they are 250Ω.

High load impedance = less power draw = less distortion on the amplifier side. Higher impedance usually comes with lowered sensitivity. This would require you to turn the volume all they way up on your amplifier which in turn could lead into clipping on poor amplifier designs. On most it doesn't so the result of high impedance is nothing but a quiet output. The different impedance versions of the Beyers are basically identical aside from the sensitivity. They all draw about the same amount of power.

DT770 has better sound across the spectrum

Senn HD598 has better upper midrange and highs

imho

im using HD650 mostly now; DTs are more "fun" however

DT 770 80 ohm fag reporting in.

Had these since 2012. Accidental drops and cord snags galore. Still kicking. Not very powerful sub-bass but gets the job done. Midtones are powerful.

HTC M8 drives these like a boss but I recommend a amp if hooking up to anything other than a cellphone.

Cant speak to the 250 ohms.

What is the best model of 770 to get? Pro/non-pro, 80ohm, 250ohm etc? I'd like that dank bass but don't want to bother with an external amp. Thanks.

refer to post above yours

i'd say. it depends on your music and usecase.

i went from Superlux hd 681 evo to Beyerdynamic dt 770 to dt880 to Philips fidelio x1 and 2 and have settled with AKG K712 Pro

since i wanted to actually achieve the pros of a headphone can and the akg does exactly that. it delivers you the kind of "sounds you never heard before in a song" experience you were hoping for all along, atleast for me

Ive got the 770s. had em since i was 16 so thats 8 years now. theyve been great since then. and theyre comfy as FUCK

those pads must be greasy, and your articulation sure hasn't changed within those 8 years