NCASE M1

What does Sup Forums think of ITX and mATX cases?

Why are big monster cases so much more popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/reviews/7470/quiet-shadow-rock-lp-compact-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html
bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/572
youtube.com/watch?v=etbh-YOQtp4
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103204&cm_re=Coolermaster_Gemin-_-35-103-204-_-Product
aliexpress.com/item/Four-heat-pipe-CPU-Cooler-Heatsink-for-Intel-LGA1150-LGA1151-LAG1155-LAG775-LAG1156-AMD-FM2-FM1/32513602134.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why are big monster cases so much more popular?
better airflow/cooling
more room for parts

what is that case on the right called?

>more room for parts

What parts can't you fit? Few people use more than one graphics card.

bitfenix prodigy.

Bitphoenix Prodigy. It comes in itx and matx versions although i think the case size is the same for both.

A decent CPU cooler? With one of those, you're forced to use liquid cooling or a very low-profile one. Not *all* GPUs fit either in the NCASE M1. Need to buy a special PSU for your build as well.

I've considered them, as I'd like to have a second 240mm radiator, but I enjoy the small form factor of the NCase too much. The Define Nano S might be something along the lines of a good middle ground between small ITX case with a good layout and good room/space.

I've managed to fit quite a bit inside my NCase though, so, I don't really think the larger cases are 100% necessary. I even have great temperatures, given it's size, when gaming and it's watercooled.

There are some great low profile coolers from be quiet! and other companies. But most people don't even need such cooling because few people do crazy overclocks. I think people really overestimate how much cooling they need.

Yeah, but my point is that you have to make sacrifices that probably are better off spent towards buying better parts.

thanks guys.

bump

At this point anything bigger than ITX is just a meme.

You don't need the room for much of anything these days.

Eventually these big cases will be seen as ridiculous antiques, just like the gigantic room-sized computers of the past.

>185USD
Literally paying more for less.

And to answer your question why would you want to excessively limit future upgrade potential just so your case is smaller? I can kind of understand if you want to build a htpc or something but those don't require much hardware anyway.

having small things is nice

having big behemoth cases is not nice

Having normal sized things is fine when reducing size removes functionality.

I like them but they're hell to build in and still need to be pretty big depending on your component requirements, so you can easily end up with a case that's only slightly smaller than a smaller midsize, but has far worse airflow and component options and is much more annoying to build in

I think big cube cases are better meme cases

>ITX
Enjoy your space heater.
Pic related.

does it actually reduce functionality in a practical sense? most ATX cases are just full of empty space. there are itx motherboards with tons of usb options and like 98% of gamers use one graphics card.

All of the smallest ones lock you in to liquid CPU cooling because the case itself will have poor airflow since 50% of it will be the PSU and the GPU will usually be crammed in with no space to vent, and because the tiny CPU coolers you can fit in that kind of case won't cool adequately with so much heat in such a small space.

You're also extremely limited on the type of GPUs that you can put in those cases, most of the larger ones with better cooling won't fit, and blower cards that already run hot will not play nice with the case's poor airflow.

>Non-GPU pci peripherals
>HDD mounting
>Large CPU coolers
>5.25' bays
>Custom loops
Although it's a case by case(heh) basis airflow is a big one too.

92mm CPU coolers do just fine, as do top-down coolers.
10/10

you're falling for the "you need absurdly highly cooling options at all times" meme tho. tweaktown.com/reviews/7470/quiet-shadow-rock-lp-compact-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html unless you do some crazy overclocking the low profile coolers are perfectly fine even for big beefy processors

blower cards are fine for itx they literally just poop the hot air out

>>Non-GPU pci peripherals
>>HDD mounting
>>Large CPU coolers
.25' bays
>>Custom loops
but again, no one uses any of that except HDDs and most itx cases allow 1 maybe 2. if you take a look at build threads no one is using any of that, just a regular cpu, cooler, 1 gpu, 1 ssd and 1 hdd. that's like everyone's build in a summary.

Eh, I'll just fucking ask here.

What is a QUIET and CHEAP mATX case Sup Forums? Two biggest priorities. Thanks.

I'd go with the CoolerMaster HAF X nVidia Edition

I just saw an ad for this...why is this case so popular?

what did i fucking expect

Most people don't start by buying a dozen hard drives, they add more as they need them. ATX cases are about future expandability.

It's not, it's a meme to recommend it because it's hideous.

Then why's it on billboards and shit?

looks like a poo

Babby's first computer builders think they need 230948098235 drive bays and 2093485209835 PCIe slots because they're going to keep their computer 5ever and upgrade it every year and add a million peripherals.

I have this cooler in my NCase M1:
bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/572

It has TWO 135mm fans.

Also all GPUs fit in the NCase, just not all brand models. E.g. you can't fit a 980 Ti Strix, but you can fit a dozen other 980 Ti brands.

I have an R9 Nano in mine and honestly it feels kind of dumb having a video card that small in there. I could literally fit a card twice as large. I feel like I wasted space. Performance/noise has been pleasantly considerably better than expected though.

Special PSU is a valid concern, especially one that doesn't suck (fyi, all Silverstone SFX/SFX-L PSUs suck; decently clean power, utter shit sound profile).

>AMD on suicide watch
Wow Nvidia has really stepped up their advertising. I guess I have to switch to them now.

I'm a fan of huge ATX cases, but how do I not go mini ITX now that this exists? It's just too great to pass up

>R9 Nano
the white r9 nano is legit the cutest bestest looking gpu ever. i hope someone makes they make more cute white versions of the new rx cards.

Loudness is going to be more of a function of the components you choose that go inside it. The case itself won't have as much effect as people hope it does. It's far more effective to not have the noise at all rather than to try to dampen the noise.

Unless it's a really shitty case that rattles, just get one that satisfies your price point, features, and aesthetics. Invest more in quieter cooling solutions internally, like a CPU cooler that is quiet, and a PSU that is quiet. Good luck on the GPU though, lel.

BBC(big black card) > tiny white card

Probably, although I do enjoy looking at the guts of my 4790k with a 240mm rad, Crossfired R9 290x's, a Soundblaster Recon3D Pro, Asus 802.11ac wireless card, 3 SSD's, hard drive, and Blu-ray burner. It's over the top but I got all that shit for cheap on Craigslist anyways.

I'm using a cute little ASRock M8 as my mITX HTPC and I'm constantly tempted to move my best parts into my M8 and sell the tower

Didn't know that was out already.

It's terrible and awesome at the same time.

>It's terrible and awesome at the same time
I completely agree. Can't wait to get mine.

Streacom DB4

fanless?

youtube.com/watch?v=etbh-YOQtp4

Does it float in water for cooling? I'll be really disappointed if not.

I'm almost positive I've seen someone say that it floats, but I'm not sure if it does when filled with parts.

I'm almost positive weight doesn't matter for floating. Have you seen how big and heavy IRL boats are?

I'm no engineer but weight definitely matters.

Only density. If u can get all the hardware above water she'll float

Weight is a factor of density, dumbass.

easier to work on

Pretty sure "most people" never open or upgrade their rig at all. For people who bought into itx, they knew what they were doing (hopefully) and prepared accordingly.

>Pretty sure "most people" never open or upgrade their rig at all
Even my mom has upgraded RAM before

This + better air flow.

You should get cooling that is just fine in a mini case, or at least we should

Sauce dude

>Sound card
>>>>

1) i have those same wooden chairs lol with the painted white back

2) what cpu cooler is that. i thought most coolers didn't fit in the m1

I want to sex my case.
But fuck, was it a pain tu build in.
[gl]ass ftw.

empty space is a GOOD thing

empty space mean you didn't design good enough

waste of resources and space

Not a nice thing when I have to transport this huge tower all the time

ITX is for me purely because it is portable.

why would you ever have to move a tower?

what are you doing that requires portability but needs more power than a laptop?

gaymen isnt very nice on a laptop, though some laptop are getting sufficiently powerful these days perhaps

I have to move the tower quite a bit at university

also alienware is starting to not look so ridiculous and tacky I guess

That looks a lot like my lappie :)

Watch "modders" start to mount fans and shit on it.

Cases do tend to be a lot larger than they need to be. Few people are going to need Room for 10 drives, 2-4 DVD drives, and a tripple 120mm radiator.

Even ATX cases can be small and efficient. 3x intakes in the front. Still room for a 120mm tower cooler for your CPU, still room for additional PCIe cards.

About case fans. More than 3 is probably not needed due to diminishing returns.

I've seen some nice compact ATX cases, but they tend to be hard to come by, or the manufacturer did stupid shit like having no useable intakes at all. The CPU will be fine, they don't get that hot, but graphics cards will need the airflow a couple of 120mm fans would provide.

I wouldn't mind such a compact system. I have no use for watercooling, so no need for top mounted radiators. A small heatsink like the l9x65 from noctua is more than good enough for my needs. two or three 120mm fan mounts in the front would be great. Vented rear end. Plain side and top panels. Storage drives go in my server. A HDD for games and an SSD for most other software goes next to the PSU. Since modularity is ok, the manufacturer can sell side panel windows and top panel radiator mounts as an option. Using some powertools to make those things yourself isn't that hard either.

So far the nicest cases I've come across have been mATX or mini ITX cases.

>limit upgrade potential
What can I not upgrade in my 350D? I definitely don't need CF or SLI. top card is better than 2 great cards. I can still fit 3+3 hdd/ssd. Or just buy bigger ones. some people might need 10hdd slots, or 4 5.25 slots. I had an Antec 900 and HAFX but definitely prefer the mATX.
I had CF 7970 with a TJ08B case three years ago, it all fit with good temps.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know anything he's talking about. There are plenty of cases that don't limit you to water cooling at all and most of them can house in full sized GPUs.

Node 304 is a god tier case that will allow you to use any GPU you want plus it can take in big air cpu coolers and even has a 14mm exhaust fan and room for tons of storage.

>quiet case

Biggest misconception there is when it comes to building pcs. There is no such thing as a "silent case". You want silence? You buy silent parts. If you buy something noisy you can buy whatever placebo fractal design shit you want, it will STILL remain just as noisy.

what case is this?

I want this case. I can bring it to my office like a suitcase and no one will be none the wiser.

NCASE M1, same one on the left in the OP

>Literally a block of metal
Wew Lad

What if you want two of the top card?

then you need to go back to meme academy

My ITX machine is running nice and cool right now with an i7 and 970

No you don't need liquid cooling at all.

SG13 here, one of the smallest out there, running great on air cooling.

Blower cards are actually ideal for small cases because they keep the hot air from circulating and just blow it out.

Your autism is truly top notch.

empty space is a waste

Anything over 140mm doesn't.
The one in there is a Cryorig M9i, and I've used a Noctua U9B-SE2(essentially U9S v1).
I've also seen a beQuiet! Dark Rock TF, PhanteksPH-TC14CS fit, to name a few.
Also AIOs, of course.
Ncase M1 (v2, to be specific.)

>No sauce

>Google and iqdp shat the bed

Wew lad

>Why are big monster cases so much more popular?

because most people actually don't have to manage every last square inch on their desk/in their room and building in a bigger case is much more comfortable and gives moire choice.
why do you even have to ask that?

Sauce?

you mean you can stick an air cooler in... there? somehow it seems like there would be problems.

most ITX cases seem wider than most mATX, which to me defeats the purpose.

Me gusta

big cases are more popular because they are more accessable/comfortable and beginner friendly plus give you the option to either to install bigger elements like water cooling.

for me it did the opposite.

electronics will get more efficient over time and i don't like having a huge tank sitting in my bedroom so i got pic related. Cooltek C3

you're dense

Got the cooltek coolcube maxi.
It looks great and keeps surprisingly cool for how shit the airflow is.
Anyway: the stock cooler on my i5 is too loud under load so I was thinking of getting the nh u9b. My problem is that I need a manlet cooler (under 12cm) or else it collides with my psu. Since the u9b has massive cooling power and only is .5cm taller Inwas wondering if I could, if worse comes to worst just break off the ventilation rings of the cpu to fit the cooler.
Would that work or is the idea stupid.

microatx+tablet as display=the future is here

Pls respond.
Or can anyone recommend a decent but not too expensive low profile cooler for my 4460?

>NIM NI

stock

for a multiplier locked CPU, stock cooler

It's too loud when I play or render anything tho ...

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103204&cm_re=Coolermaster_Gemin-_-35-103-204-_-Product

No one is buying full towers anymore. Nowadays 50cm length and 40-45cm height is common. Still enough place for 2 DVD drives and 5 HDD bay's.

aliexpress.com/item/Four-heat-pipe-CPU-Cooler-Heatsink-for-Intel-LGA1150-LGA1151-LAG1155-LAG775-LAG1156-AMD-FM2-FM1/32513602134.html
Or buy chinese shit for even cheaper.

with the SG13 you need a water cooled system.
Yes you can put there a air cooled one, but this is not a good solution.

for a air cooled solution you need the SG06.
This one is slightly bigger but gives the air cooler room to work

Like this?