Would you spend $140 for 32 GB of DDR4 3200 RAM (4 x 8GB) or $70 for 16 GB (2 x 8GB) ?

Would you spend $140 for 32 GB of DDR4 3200 RAM (4 x 8GB) or $70 for 16 GB (2 x 8GB) ?

What would you do with the extra $70 if you go with 16GB ?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2982965/components/quad-channel-ram-vs-dual-channel-ram-the-shocking-truth-about-their-performance.html?page=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll buy X99 5820K with 16Gb 4x4 next week

I'd get 8 gigs and put the rest toward a better video card or a bigger SSD or HDD or whatever

Thing is I need DDR4 cuz of Skylake.

get the 6800 man

id use the extra 70 to buy another 16gb set

16 gigs
probably groceries idk man

buy 7 $10 footlongs

Fucking idiots get the 4 ram sticks. It's ddr4 because it can handle 4 channels. Why reduce it to just 2 might as well get ddr2 ram.

I never turn off my PC so after a couple of months everything is cached in RAM and even with a SSD its noticeable improvement..

For gaming that money is better spent on the GPU.

>8GB DIMMs
Get 16s, retard.

What's the price for 4X4GB?

>What would you do with the extra $70
A decent bottle of scotch.

I'd spend the money on a 3400mhz or 3600mhz CL14/16 kit with perfectly flat timings.

Actually I think G.Skill has 3600mhz CL15 kits on sale now. Thats the best of the best that I know of, and I'd definitely pay a small premium for it.
Though in a few more month I bet fabs will be yielding DRAM with high enough binnings to hit 4000mhz at CL17~

This is dot gd/ViZhs5
or this? is dot gd/FGgvgB

>This is dot gd/ViZhs5
>or this? is dot gd/FGgvgB
The >is
...is part of the url...

>dual channel
>not tri or quad channel

are you pleb or something?

I've been running 16 since I got my 2600K back when those were the hot shit. Next PC will be at least 32, and if the price is right, 64 because I obviously sit on a platform for a while. It's held well while I've upgraded graphics a couple times.

(It's been 5 years guys)

pcworld.com/article/2982965/components/quad-channel-ram-vs-dual-channel-ram-the-shocking-truth-about-their-performance.html?page=2

>you fell for the 32gib meme

never again

Upgraded from 8 to 32 a few weeks ago.
Created a ramdrive for grabit download cache and some other temporary shit.

>pcworld

No one? To the anons that doesn't want to look up the links. It's a 4460 build vs 6500. It's 60€ difference and I'm not shure about skylake being worth the price tag.

As of now thats about the only reason to have excessive RAM. I wonder if ECC RAM is less likely to encounter corruption when used in a RAMDisk.