Explain this. How are HGST's drives so much more reliable?

Explain this. How are HGST's drives so much more reliable?

Because they have a larger sample size

because it used to be IBM's hard drive division

>backblaze

>Percentage
>Because they have a larger sample size

Kill yourself.

/thread

KILL YOURSELF KILL YOURSELF HAHAHAHAHHAHA KYS HAHAHA

Should I be buying HGST drives? I usually buy Seagate of WD because they're cheap.

HGST desktop nas drives are more reliable than wd black, cost less and are just slightly slower. They are the best choice for raid setups on ocs.

Can consumers buy HGST drives?

No, just is just Hitachi's rebranded name when they switched to using WDs rotor assembly.
Yes, the majority of their products are consumer drives.

G-Tech is their consumer brand for portable drives and enclosures.
You can get HGST internal drives on amazon.

You're an idiot that didn't look at any of the data. Take a look at the drives they 'tested'. They use quality HGST drives and only the shittiest drives from other manufacturers.

and they put consumer grade drives under enterprise workloads
and they put them into a huge rack that did not properly isolate the drives from vibration, causing them to experience vibration far in excess of design rating (likewise with heat)
and they paid people to go to costco & other stores to get drives from external enclosures and "shuck" them like corn for the drives inside - sometimes these drives were refurbished or previously returned to the store
and they used a particularly disproportionate amount of Seagate 3TB drives from a bad series because of this.

blackblaze a shit

where do you fags come up with this stuff?

deskstars and megascale drives are literally the lowest class drives in the hitachi lineup, you have ultrastar and ultrastar enterprise that sit two tiers above and should deliver even lower error rates

get gud

superior japanesse steel

I didn't remember WD being so shit. How bad are wd blues?

>Using hard drives
>Being a poorfag in 2016

This is true for WD and Toshiba, but Seagate has a sample size more than enough to be compared to HGST.

>The worser company always buys the better manufacturer

Really makes you think...

bad. bottom bin, greens not much better.
Because while quantity has a quality all its own, and can make money, it never hurts to buy a company putting out superior products, so you can occupy both the low and the high ends.

Aren’t Deskstars pretty much the same as Ultras, excluding firmware?

>deathstars

>ancient meme that predates HGST

The only relation is literally just the name.

That's a good goyim, make sure you have the bleeding edge most expensive storage available for all your loli.

Seagate and WD are both good. I had a 1.5TB seagate drive finally die after 7 years use in my server. No data was lost. (drive was in a raid-1+ I had backups) Server stays on 24/7 barring reg maintenance or power failure (rare). I've got a WD drive in my desktop that has been as my system drive since oh 2010-2012 maybe.