Best android custom ROM?

Best android custom ROM?

I'm using AOSiP on my Moto Nexus 6. It's phenomenal if you like customization, long battery life, and having a bad ass ROM

my wife's son loves PA

resurrection remix was good when i was an android user.

Sent from my iPhone

RR was good. I switched to AOSiP though

Sultan rom

stock + xposed u fuckin plebs

Stock Android is shit

this
>using roms made by poo in loos

it's better than some hackjob rom made by a 13 year old pooinloo

people should only be using stock, cm or pa these days. why would you use anything that doesn't have peer review and a proper gerrit?

the one you compile from source because nobody else will fucking work on it REEEEEEEEEEEE
t. Huawei Ascend Mate 7 owner using CM11 compiled from Honor 6 source, and is teying to get CM13 working

The stock ROM that came on my LG G5

Wow, PA is back for Bacon, gonna try that out soon.

Meanwhile, anyone tried it out so far? How is it compared to Sultan's

which one is the best option for Samsung Galaxy Ace II ?

My ROM history:

AOSP 5.0 (day 1)
AOSP 5.1 (day 1)
CM 12.1 (day 2)
PAC-ROM (day 20?)
CM 13 (day 80?)
CM 13 no GApps (day 120?)
RR no GApps (day 180?)
Now using RR since
Anything I should try out?

I'm currently on RR on my S5 too. Don't really like SuperSU, so I might go back to AICP. You could try AICP next. They support many devices.

You can turn off SuperSU in developer settings you know that right?

I've been using artmod for a while now, recommended for sense 7. I just don't like CM.

I run stock because I'm not 12 years old or a lonely, poor neck beard

Stock Android on my moto g 2015

are you building it for KitKat or LL/MM? I'm asking because the only available rom above KitKat is the chinese kangvip shit which isn't even for MM..
Anyways, do you have an XDA thread or anything to follow your progress, I really need an alternative to stock which supports the fingerprint scanner

Huawei released the sources needed to make LP/MM ROMs, but it's still a fucking pain in the ass to compile and unbrick when it fucks up.
>fingerprint scanner on a custom rom
Lmbo

I hoped that the native fingerprint support for marshmallow was worth something, but I never really looked into after Google announced it because I kind oft expected it to be nothing at all..

I use candy 5 but want to use stock, I have no idea where to get stock for an HTC one m9

I hate Samsung's android and from what I have found cyanogenmod still does not have a stable build for the S6 edge
Does an user have a rom for it?

Just use the nightlies.

stables are dead
just go with nightlies or get another rom
try ressurection remix or android ice cold project

use debloat stock rom so much better and no need to worry about these

>bug you tell me :^)

99% me
i switched back to GApps a week ago though.

Why the hell did Cyanogenmod get rid of Voice+ integration in 12? I just upgraded to 12.1 from 11, and it sucks to lose the ability to send everything via Google Voice, through other texting programs.

Try Micro-G
Try Xposed

Used to love PA, but they gimped the ROMs after 4.4. The new 6.0 ROM is pretty much stock with like 4 features added in. PureNexus is best for me. Unlike it's name, it actually crams in more features than Gravity Box.

>wife's son
C U C K
U
C
K

I run it on my nexus 4 (I don't know sultan's rom) compared to Chroma it has less features and has almost stock like experience with some subtle well integrated additions. I don't know if there would be a reason to switch if you're getting official updates but in the future with their planned additions it will be really nice

It's a
MEME
E
M
E
You dipshit.

how much screen on time do you get with the Nexus 4?

I have heard of Micro-G but what does it do?
>Xposed in %Y

>impying I didn't know this
>mfw

My phone battery is 3.5+ years old so not great. On average between 2 3 hours and if I am connected to WiFi most of the time easily 3+

Dirty Unicorns was my go to ROM on my nexus 5, you should see the dev team

Holy shit, how new.

using this for a week now, it's great

I know and I've tried doing that, but it didn't work. It just kept loading and SuperSU was still there after I restarted my phone.

You must be 18 or older to post on Sup Forums.

Flash the SuperSU zip file and disable SuperSU in the SuperSU Settings app

Xposed drains my battery (Android System in battery stats), both on stock and on custom roms.

I use ONE simple fucking module to hide the Stamina mode icon on stock and it's fucking draining my battery. I used the module to disable the fullscreen keyboard on CM and it's still doing that.

Just run rooted stock for fuck's sake. With some kernel from XDA if you want to - custom roms aren't worth it.

Custom stock-based ones possibly have botnet in them, and with AOSP-based ones you lose your camera and your sound quality...your battery as well, if you're not lucky.

t. owner of a Sony device

end it senpai

Use the fucking nightlies, don't be scared by the "nightly".

Is Resurrection Remix ROM usable on Android 4.1.2? I'm on Samsung S2 GT-I9300 as a "temporary" phone, it will take a long time and it is laggy as fuck. Any resource-friendly, non-shitty ROMs for me to use? Help please?

CM
Sultan
Temasek's Unofficial CM

Listen to me, avoid Resurrection Remix.

Do I know you?
Your situation sounds like a friend of mine's

>Listen to me, avoid Resurrection Remix.
Why, user?

Why so? I've never really delved deep into this. I only ever know cyanogenmod

Please elaborate. I am genuinely curious as RR is pretty popular.

You might? Last pic I used in a group with close friends that might know my story

Resurrection Remix vs BlissPop vs AICP vs Mokee vs CM vs AOSP
These are avaliable for my phone. Which is the best?

Maybe one day.

ur phone must suck I never see any battery drain with like 10 modules

t. Nexus owner

Your post gave me cancer

Almost no features in comparison. Personally I stay the fuck away from Sultan since it seems like a really unprofessional ROM, but even compared to normal CM13, PA was a downgrade. Theme Engine crashed (you need to clear the cache after logging in the first time), OpenGapps doesn't work, few features.

The one thing that made me switch back to CM13 was the fact that you have very little choice in what the capacitive buttons do. I could not make long-press into "turn off screen". I use that all the time, so it is not something I'm going to bother with until they fix that.

Might switch to FusionJack's SlimSaber unless CM13 gets a new snapshot soon. I used his shit previously and it was the most stable ROM I had ever used. Many features as well. Once he changed to a OmniROM base I became skeptical, especially due to the lack of features. But now that it has gotten more features again, I might go back. At least if it is as stable as it was under 5.x.x.

user, you know you can multiboot today on any android device?

>Personally I stay the fuck away from Sultan since it seems like a really unprofessional ROM,
How is it unprofessional?

Yeah man, everyone let's fuck around with dozens of roms all day instead of actually using your phone!

Why do custom roms often include so much garbage? Someone left the purchase app for samsung on my S5. Most will leave the google apps which you can download from the play store easily.

>Pajeet
>Too much features, hence unstable af
>Turn on this to yada yada, not working
>Wipe cache and dalvik, dirty flash for update but sometimes still bootloop

Can't remember anything else but I can assure you that RR was a bad experience in my life

>Why do custom roms often include so much garbage?
Because they are made by pajeets and 14 year olds.

So that's why xda has the carebear community of don't ask us if its good, try it out? Don't want to hurt the kids feelings.

When I looked at it back in April/May, there was issues up the ass. Random reboots, a lot of problem with RIL/Baseband, camera issues, no system-less root (at least back then), there was huge gaps between updates as well when shit wasn't working. So I'm staying away from it.

Errr.. guess not, my friend has an S2 as temporary phone too and is looking for a good rom as well.
Funny.

Shit, no wonder my battery life sucked recently.

Blisspop is the pooest in looest rom there is

Funny, I thought sultan only took cyanogenmods code and made some device specific optimizations. I've always hear people here praising it as the most stable rom while I still had my OPO

>be me
>hyped for cyanogen because it's always updated
>cm isn't supported officially for my device, but someone made a port
>install cm
>wifi and camera don't work
>have to install another patch
>default launcher looks like dogshit (A B C D really ?)
>back to stock rom

>install MIUI
>looks like iPhone
>beep bop beeep
>get annoying sound whenever I press any shit

Android's interface is like XP, by default it looks like shit.

kek

I want Holo back.

This. Android's ui out of box is disgusting. Thank you based Nova.

>beep bop beeep
My sides.

What phone is that, user? I'd love the MIUI experience too

Shut up

le bug you tell me rom

Touchwiz

>Android's ui out of box is disgusting. Thank you based Nova

Did you just buy an Android phone? You're way too wrong.

Well, it's subjective I guess.

Why bother installing a custom rom at all if you're just gonna install another botnet? And I get an annoying sound whenever I press shit on CM too.

Pure Android from Google. Best shit ever. You fags should try it out

>pretending to like material design

>because it's always updated
Found the archfag

Material Design is great. Well, Dark Material anyway. The default white one is horrible.

Andromax E2, it's locked to one operator so I flashed other ROM to unlock it.
I don't really know shit about unlocking, I just followed tutorial on the internet.

My brother bought it for unlimited 4G that's bundled with that phone.
Now that the unlimited 4G package is terminated permanently after 4 months, I want to switch to another carrier.

Turns out that phone doesn't support LTE frequency other than LTE TDD B40 (2300 Mhz), FDD B5 (824 - 850 Mhz) & B26 (850 Mhz).
Using a chip that doesn't support standard LTE band (900 Mhz / 1800 Mhz) so user can't "unlock" it and switch to another carrier.

Bravo, genius.

Fuck off back to XDA.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to ask which is the best ROM in XDA but the scene is dead and no one gives a fuck anymore.

Just install CM13 and fuck off.

i used multiboot for a while on my moto milestone 1 when the internal flash memory reached max write.
installed cm 9 on the sd card instead and that worked fine.
multiboot is great for this.
not so much for actually using multiple android versions. i mean whats the point?

Nah, I mean changing the launcher doesn't change the whole UI, it just changes your homescreen and app drawer.

The UI remains stock everywhere else - your notification drawer, your settings, your camera, and so on remain the same.

Also, second guy, did you really read the first guy's post? Just installing Nova doesn't get rid of the material design everywhere else.

I hate material design as well - the content density is low, there is too animation, and even the "dark" material isn't completely black, wasting more battery on AMOLED devices.

PA is(was) one of the good roms that wasn't made by XDA poo in loos though.

/thread

>Also, second guy, did you really read the first guy's post?
Yeah I read it. But I didn't think you were talking about launchers too.

Touchwiz.

>long-press to turn off screen in CM13
I was intending to do this myself since I used to have swipe up from home button to turn the screen off in previous versions. However, I can't seem to find it in settings. Am I blind or did they add it after the April snapshot?

Thinking about capitulating and going the nightly route since they don't seem to be releasing snapshots monthly like I thought they would.

Actually, which is the best supported phone for custom ROMs?

I dropped out after my S2 and Z1 died.

Running the N Preview on my Z3 and CM is shit to me.

One of the best custom roms was for my OPO which is a CM13 with franco?kernel by sultanxda. Great rom solid all around. My Moto X Pure the best one so far in my experience is the TruPureXMM based off stock but the pickings are slim on that device. Nexus 4 I liked the Odin or Valhalla? I forget what it was called but it was blazing fast and responsive. Zenfone 2 I'd have to say the rooted stock is plenty fine as it doesn't break or trade off much of anything. Add xposed/root and it's plenty fine once customized.

>Android

People still use this cheap shit?