Can this be our next meme distro? Can we stop telling new people to install arch and posting about arch in every thread?

Can this be our next meme distro? Can we stop telling new people to install arch and posting about arch in every thread?

But why?
Unlike arch, this is just a normal distro, that more or less just works.
also, the userbase is mostly just normal, old dudes.
where's the fun in that?
No one will waste time on it, or feel elitist about it.

install slackware

Obviously the next meme distro should be Alpine Linux.

>not running Linux free of cancerous GNU bullshit

slackware is actually nice once you get slapt-get up and running. my biggest gripe about slack is the need for a unified package manager, a gui that handles both slackbuilds and the regular repos

I've always meant to try slackware out, never got around to it though

>linux without any of the parts that make linux useful
jej

install trisquel

Okay, fine, forget Arch. Install Gentoo.

opensuse and arch are my two favorite distros.
I'm ok with this.

Me too but every time I start going for it, it seems like too much work for too little gain. I mean at least with Arch and Gentoo you get a unique system and different sysadmin tools to play with (at least on Gentoo), with slackware all you get is sore eyes and a newfound hobby in package dependency management.

No, it's shit. I respect 'em for OBS and stuff, but my experiences with Leap and Tumbleweed have been nothing but negative.

I know I say it every time openSUSE gets mentioned, but kernel panic while updating packages? In 2016? Really?

More people should go for distros like parabola, guix, nixos, stali, gentoo, etc

OpenSUSE is the defacto for supercomputers and is widely used in data-centers. It's not a meme. Our meme distro needs to be something that is basically pointless and a time-sinc.

How the fuck do you mistype sink as sinc? c and k are nowhere near each other, at least not on a normal human keyboard.

Windows 10?

cuz i tot it wuz c not k lol xD

fucking virgin

Relax, multilingual people do make errors like that.

cill yourself

TRISQUEL
R
I
S
Q
U
E
L

Kinda like a dirt floor is comfy once you built a wooden floor over it?

Nice try archbabby

sorry

I'm a SUSEbabby actually

I agree with this, at least we have to recommend it to the normies who ask for an easy distro

Whatever you say archtard.
Install gentoo.

trisquel is ez

we need to meme parabola

No. Post-10.3, opensuse has been anything but usable.Their patches do nothing but add bugs, everything crashes all the fucking time, every 3rd party repo has shut down, and even with OBS (which has 0 verification going on) a fuckload of packages are missing.

I have been using tumbleweed on my Asus laptop for about 8 months and I haven't experienced any of that.

you were using it wrong

How is that?
Which KDE distro should I choose then?

Manjaro or devuan.

"install gentoo" is now too mainstream to troll people?

Retard

no u

>illiterate sandnigger calls ME a virgin
d-do you want to fuck me in sandnigger heaven??

Why wait? Post lewds

does anyone have the pepe version?

>my biggest gripe about slack is the need for a unified package manager, a gui that handles both slackbuilds and the regular repos
Is there a distro that does this at all?

All of them.

Hi RMS!

Free version of german enterprise Linux distribution.
The repositories are up to date and they offer many alternative packages on their website.

The package manager is not complete shit as with debian.

Hello, my son

>package manager that both compiles from source and installs from packages

Literally Gentoo

>what is pamac

Not a package manager

Tipped

retard

no, LFS

there is literally no reason to use fedora

there is literally no reason to use linux*

there is literally no reason to use a computer*

Linux is dominant in server and phone segments. RYou sure there is no reason to use it?

Must feel pretty bad to be more wrong than a retard

there is literally no reason to get out of bed*

retards are right sometimes

Wait

Why replace Arch is our go-to meme distro, did something happen?

Arch just isn't funny anymore. Haha guys! Real funny joke! It's been run into the ground

Most of the shitposters performed "git gud" activity and installed Arch themselves to see there's nothing wrong with Arch.

Slackware is BOSS.

The setup is simple and pretty verbose, and Slackbook fills in all the details you will need to know to start using linux in general.

Yes, the fact that nobody ever used arch as a meme distro.

This. step it up, nerds.