Sup Forumsuts, /guts/

Guts thread

Ehh might as well.

Old pic, gonna take new ones today.

ayyyyy

i need the name of that case

I don't name my cases, that's dumb.

I want to buy a 120mm fan for my case. From what manufacturer should I buy? Is arctic quiet and good?

You can do better. I turned pic related into with very little knowledge and experience.

Fuck

It's one of the corsair cases, forget the exact name, it was reviewed on Hardwarecanucks.

We need more itx cases here.

nice tablecloth and vase. Aside from that, the sound absorbing mats in the case seem comfy.

Corsair 400cuck

Ignore these idiots, its a phantex evolv atx

Im going to (hopefully) get a cougar QBX around christmas time

>phantex evolv

It's not even sounddampened.

Just finished my new build yesterday.

Good airflow, good cables (or at least what the shroud allows to show), 212 evo master race. Good shit bruh. None of your colors match but I don't think you give a crap. Speccy time now.

Yeah, I didn't give a shit about color matching. I also have another 140mm fan in the front. The 212 evo was easier to install than I thought it would be. I have 2 250gb ssds. One has ubuntu on it, and the other has w10. I'll post a speccy and a screenfetch in a bit. Canles are tucked in front of the psu. It's modular, so it's not too bad. The case came with velcro ties, so I'm fairly happy with the organization on the back side.

upvoted

It's Saturday my dudes

Second GPU isn't actually connected, still waiting on a PCIe riser to be delivered, just in case anybody wonders why the sli bridge and PCIe cables aren't hooked in.

looks better than PVC pipe man

I second this, I don't know what the fuck that idiot was thinking

Am i the only person here who says 'guts guts guts' out loud every time i see your thread?

no

I only do it cause once I accidently made a 2nd thread cause another op only labelled it Sup Forumsuts

I'm considering a build with the thermaltake F1 or V1. They both seem like cool little cases for dirt cheap.

Nice colors.

I added combs and am waiting for my 350d window panel to come in. Also putting in white PCI slot covers.

>hard drive
pleb

Thats a clean ass case my man

>PVC pipe man

I don't get it?

Its a man made out of pvc

There is a dude on here with a very similar setup using PVC pipe instead of flexible tubing

his build

PVC pipe? As in the shit plumbers use for toilets?

or

Okay, I'm lost for words :/

You got to admire the dedication to the colour scheme.
Hard tube cooling setups are the best.

You aren't fooling anyone

Yeah I plan on doing mine with rigid tubing when I upgrade my GPUs at the end of the year and do a complete loop, but I won't be using PVC piping and fittings, his rig would look awesome if he'd went with clear tubing and white liquid, but what he did looks cheap and weird.

>implying anyone likes the shit brown and vomit tan color of noctua

If noctua made straight black or straight white fans, I guarantee you those shit things will account for 1% of sales to hipster faggots only

I think it is sad that they don't make the black/white colours.
And only their industrial series have grey and black. Not as quiet aswell.
But if you are going industrial embPapst or Sunon are the the way to anyway.

How are fractal design fans? I have one, and it's pretty quiet. Any bad experiences with them? I may get another one.

>Not as quiet aswell
They're just as quiet as the consumer version they just have a higher top RPM(2000 or 3000RPM). Since they're PWM fans you can just limit it to the 1500RPM of the consumer version.

I use a 140mm Fractal fan for cooling me off while sitting at the desk.
It is powered be in external MeanWell 12V powersupply.
It is possible to hear it well.

I have a Fractal case aswell.
And the fans in there are ok when you run them on lowest settings. 5V I think that is.
All 3 on 12V is like a spaceship taking off.

I Have zalman fans, very cheap but quiet, don't move much air though. I have corsair AF120s, move lots of air, but obviously louder because of this air movement. Fractal fans are a good mix of the two

Thanks for the advice guys.

I want to do a liquid cooling system but I can't justify the price, maintenance, and risk over my actual needs since my $30 cooler is an efficient but hideous hyper 212 evo.

>risk

What? It's really not that hard, you have to be a massive faggot to fuck it up.

Just use rustoleum to paint the hyper 212 and change the fan to a color you want. Worked for me when I oc'ed a 6300 to 4.4 and I might have lost 2c temp too.

I move and transport my system around a lot. But really if I wanted to do something, I'd probably do one of those expensive set ups with the visible reservoirs. My color coordination is still such a mess that all of this is still far off. A decent modular power supply is next on my list.

Buy an AIO and change the tubes or make the fans stand out.

see, if this relentlessly mocked fellow would just replace that PVC with tempered glass or PET or something else, it'd look great with that overdyed coolant and all would be well.

>1080p 60hz 23 inch
>980ti
But why

short term: DSR 4k downsampled stuff
long term: new monitors

I've had this 980ti for about two weeks now, I got it ridiculously cheap and couldn't pass up the chance to upgrade from my 960.

>DSR
All the benefits of MSAA with non of the added clarity, all for the low low payment of all of your VRAM

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! If you call now we'll throw in texture shimmering, no extra charge!

specs?

sure

My Node 2020 was fun.

Waiting for those RX 480.
Wish they will fit my Black/Blue guts.
If not im going for an Asus Rog Strix 1070.

Borg, how far you've fallen.

I'm here bro. Upgrades coming this week.

I bought pic related. Cost $130 out of pocket after selling my 4690k/z97 board.
Will update with guts pic when everything is done being updated. Fucking windows 7 refused to install so I ended up
>buying windows 10 pro for $110
To be completely 100% honest. 10 looks a lot better and reacts quicker than 7 off the same ssd. "Turned off" all the data collection garbage. Anything else I should know?

Everything matches and looks great, but then those send red rings on the fans destroy the look.

Always kinda wanted to post in one of these threads. R8 my guts.

Ha ya. Ended up selling the rig, got right into cars for a while. Just threw this together with the some of the money from selling a project car., these are borrowed GPUs though. Once I find a new job I'll get a couple 1080s and an ROG monitor.

I miss my old rig sometimes.

I have an F1, surprising amount of cable room. I've got a non-modular atx psu and can still fit everything in with a clean top-down look (not this image, I've got the window on the side right now because I put stuff on top of the case and don't want to scratch the window)
Also top, bottom, left, and right sidepanels are all interchangeable. And there's a slot next to the fan on the front that allows extra room for a full length graphics card installation. If I had one bad thing to say about the case is that the back fan slots are only 80mm and there aren't any slots to zip-tie cables to the bottom of the case, only along the sides of the mobo plate.

Toaster/10

Ya I meant to throw on the white rings but in all my excitement of building a new PC I forgot to swap them. Thinking of ordering some green led fans, setting the mobo and CPU cooler leds to green and once I have some new reference GeForce cards I can call it the Borg Cube.

Guts of the first PC I built back in '11
Built on a kind of budget you would expect from a ~14yo kid with no job who saved up for a year, except for the psu and mobo which i bought three years later (took this pic right after installation)

I might try to custom mount a couple of fans to pull air out the top of the case.

> fell for the noctua meme

Yeah fuck off retard

Can't even close the top of the case now. 2 AIO coolers was too much to ask of this HAF XB.

found my posts from like 2 years ago eh.

ncase worth the money? I was thinking of getting a h100i if i got 1 otherwise a h80i if i went with the sugo sg13.

Well... I can close it now.

>i5 2500
>GTX680 4GB
>8GB ddr3
>750w semi modular fractal design psu
>3x 1tb seagates in raid 0
>crucial mx100 240GB ssd

Just swapped out my i7 870+tower cooler for this i5 2500+seidon 120v+.

Thoughts?
It was cheap.

Case is the corsair spec 02 btw.

Why is my motherboard so small

:

Installed a new cpu fan and case fan and applied new thermal paste.

Happy that my CPU isn't idling on 60C anymore and everything is a lot cooler.

good build

how is that motherboard working out for you?

Alright so far I guess

Probably going to replace it when I buy the i7 6600

Anyone one have a cougar qbx and has removed the ugly plastic parts?

Forgot to add the specs on the first one.

Says one 970, but I have 2, the other one isn't plugged in yet because I need a riser.

Nice cable management.

Thinking of getting that kind of cooling set up. I just got a 4690k last year. Think it'll be worth setting up that liquid cooling system? Or will I have to remove it for a processor upgrade fairly soon? Also does that kit come with GPU mounts?

It's not a kit, I bought all the parts separately. Your CPU should be good for a while yet, so I don't see why not, and it's easy enough to drain and dismantle anyway if you want to upgrade.

hot damn love me some of them cube cases. How's that 980 ti, just ordered one from evga for my main rig, then using the step up program for a 1080 maybe 1070.

>Two years ago
>Actually 4 years ago
Kill yourself

It's too bad you have no idea how timestamps work.

Just took off all the panels and cleaned everything (about 4 years worth of dust),

How do I into better cable management in this thing?

Getting a 480 next week to replace 280X.

>Getting a 480 next week
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Did this board finally make me autistic?
I'm considering to buy the noctua c14s for my htpc case to make it silent and optimize airflow although I hardly even play gaymes and the temps of my i5 are totally acceptable.
H-halp

In 10 days, I suppose.