Can we all just stop meming for 2 seconds and take a minute to sit down and seriously discuss this card?

Can we all just stop meming for 2 seconds and take a minute to sit down and seriously discuss this card?

As of yet, there are no real benchmarks. All reviews are embargoed for another 11 days. Any discussion of performance is based around assumption and a single slide from AMD in a press conference made to make the card look amazing.

We need to stop continuously repeating bullshit about how this card can perform as well as a GTX 980, or talking about how it scales linearly with overclocking, or that it can be overclocked to the moon.

If you're going to recommend the card to someone, simply tell them to wait for the benchmarks on the 29th, that it will cost around $200-300 and that's all we know for certain right now.

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MceqKxEfOAo?t=22m55s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's just a fucking video card man, who cares

benchmarks are all in crossfire and exclusively on applications that run well under it, of course it's a fucking scam

They're trying to sucker in people who think they're going to be getting 1080 tier performance across the board when realistically you're either going to be dealing with microstuttering or a game that doesn't support it.

The directx12 perfect dual gpu meme should be considered a lie until it's actually out, no directx release ever lives up to it's promises, and we haven't seen anything under directx12 yet

Nvidia shills belong back on Sup Forums

>Nvidia
>Sup Forums

Nvidia has much better support for professional applications. Nobody in their right mind would use an AMD card for 3d rendering or deep learning.

All AMD produces is cheap gaymer trash and console GPUs, if anything its the AMD viral marketing cult thats run by poor Sup Forumstarss

lol a perfect example of someone that already saw the card in action and concluded its a shit

oh wait..its Sup Forums

>390x for $200 and 100W power usage, also probably not full length

It's almost perfect for me. I'm just hoping I can find a version on which I can install my scythe setsugen 2, so I can make the thing totally silent.

yes because using nvidia for deep learning is the way to go lol...
deep learning NEEDS parallerism not some serial mumbo jumbo
hence why ibm is starting to update watson and once its finished i guess nvidia will say once again
"deep learning is 20 years behind"
because the only thing that company does is bashing everyone..

If anything, you're the one who needs to head back to Sup Forums with your bullshit strawman arguments.

I'm not advocating for either side, I'm just saying we should stop meming with made up specs.

If it manages to get close to the R9 390 or GTX 980 for $200-300 then yes, it's amazing card. But at the moment we know literally nothing about it.

If you're looking to buy a mid range card right now, then it definitely is best to wait but there's no need to spread misinformation.

I still have a 7950 with a mild OC. Picked up a 290x and 390 (not X) for really cheap too. I have six rigs I need for gaming though. I used to drop 1k on SLi and Nvidia cards but they always died out after a couple years. Longest age of an Nvidia card I've had were the 460/465 cards for what three years before they burn out. The two 8800GTX's I had were EVGA and died pretty quickly.

Brand doesn't matter to me it's all about the product. I miss the old ATI AIW cards too still have an old AGP card in a bin.

>480 can hit 1600 MHz on air

its ogre nvidia

>Can we all just stop meming
it wasn't a meme, user
>and take a minute to sit down and seriously discuss this card?

lol no

Why do AMDrones worship overclocking housefires so much

is this your justification for buying those pieces of shit?

>NVIDIA FAGS BTFO AND BANKRUPT

>AMDSHILLS BTFO AND BANKRUPT

INTEL WINS AGAIN

Green is my pepper.

Rx480 is junk

>Nvidia zealots are THIS fucking worried about a video card

Jesus Christ, can you guys be any more pathetic? You should HOPE the ATI card is all that and a bag of chips, so you can buy the Nvidia equivalent when they drop prices.

Its called capitalism, you mong, look it up.

I'm surprised Intel doesn't put some more effort into it. I assume they've looked into it and they've decided they would capture the low end market regardless of effort.

>Nvidia zealots
its the minority thats always the loudest
and AMD shills only have 18% market share to work with

I don't know been heavy AMD the last few years due to price performance Nvidia doesn't match. I do miss some of the older Nvidia cards as Manufacturers seem have certain runs that are absolute gems or duds. I've been gaming since the matrox voodoo days though so I imagine most kids here buy on brand name.

>people rooting for nvidia

is this just trolling/shit posting or do people actually support them

my last two cards have been nvidia but im hoping i can dump that evil company if the 480 performs

>IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPREAD UNSUBSTANTIATED LIES ABOUT (X) YOU MUST LIKE (Y)!
Why are you resorting to straw man arguments yet again.

Again, I'm not advocating for either side. All I'm asking is that we stop bullshitting each other with made up specs and wait for the actual numbers.

If it does indeed turn out to be a $200-$300 GTX 980 or R9 39, it'll be an amazing card. But right now we don't know ANYTHING because there's an embargo on benchmarks,

I don't it's got anything to do with brand name.
It's just classic fanboy mentality.
Having to justify your purchase to EVERYONE because you're not buying the bleeding edge card availible because you haven't got enough good boy points for a GTX 1080 and chicken tendies. So you settle for an RX 480 and chicken tendies and then shitpost for hours about how the RX 480 is better price/performance and how those chicken tendies were totally worth it.

What straw man?

I didn't say you had to like it, you just seem awful worked up about it, as if it worries you that AMD might have a good card (oh my, scandalous!).

If you really think X thing doesn't have a chance vs Y thing, just let them have their hype, drive up sales, and let your company compete. Who gives a fuck, as long as your company doesn't go out of business and you, yourself, win in the long run?

480 seems priced for someone like me though. I don't pay top dollar for flagship phones same thing with GPU's these days. I use to though but when you get older you kind of grow up or get busy with other things.

/

>IMPLYING
Good job user. Great refutations of my original points. No wait... you just made shit up again. My bad.

Hype is fine, making shit up isn't. If you haven't noticed there's a lot of made up infographics going round, there's also a lot of people repeating things which may or may not be true.

All I've asked for, is that when recommending the card, you tell people to wait till the 29th instead of giving them made up benchmarks. That's it.

How you brought that round to me rooting for nvidia, I will never know.

If that's what floats your boat then by all means.

Have fun, you'll be back to Nvidia soon.

>PCucks will spend $1000 to build """""""""""gaming""""""""""""" PCs with Zen & 480
>despite the fact that the PS4K/Scorpio will have the exact same specs, AND games optimized for it and cost ~$350

>damage control initiated

Wow, you're really committed, huh?
Look, I know you're supposed to do this inconspicuously, as if you're not on one side or the other, but maybe paid shilling isn't your thing, man.

Good thing this board is anonymous, eh?

Just tell your boss that you blew your cover and had to switch to Sup Forums. He'll understand.

From what I've gathered, Scorpio will have a little better than R9 290x specs, and apparently isn't coming until late 2017.

Impressive for a console, but that's only barely midrange for a PC, even now.

>Can we all just stop meming for 2 seconds
No.

>yes because using nvidia for deep learning is the way to go lol...
uh yes? Using CUDA and nvidia cards for GPGPU is probably the best performance/dollar value that smaller, less well-funded researchers are going to get.

>Ad hominem
You really are bad at this, aren't you?

>projection
Not at all :)

Just curious why you hate freedom, is all

AMD cards are for gaming only.

Nvidia has CUDA.

>what is firepro?
>what is opengl?

Well at least they got the name right
:^)

Its the justification for everyone buying super superclocked and ftw EVGA cards so you're an idiot thinking the overclocking game is just an AMD thing

That's pretty cool, how long did it take to make?

How popular are FirePro cards among professionals?

9/10 used workstations I see on ebay have nvidia cards in them. Maybe even higher ratio than that.

>all those CUDA applications
oh wait

I didn't make it, and it's been around forever.

its 30% again

Crossfire and SLI a shit. Rrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>proprietary cancer

youtu.be/MceqKxEfOAo?t=22m55s
Chinese guy benchmarking RX480 on Overwatch.
>1440p
>High Settings
>V-Sync 70hz?
>Runs between 60-70 FPS
>Load Temp around 74c

>he wasn't old enough to remember the Fermi age.

>1456861111033.png

YOU COPIED A RARE PEPE

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL

cuda happened first, so most pro shit has cuda as a backbone.

it won't be till everyone softwares core is replaced will opencl be the go to backbone for everything.

>not playing on epic settings
Fucking casuals I swear

Nigga I have to play on low 67% render scale to get playable frame rates. That performance looks amazing.

>tfw sli 980ti on a 4k monitor
Poorfags will never know this feel
>smugpepe.png

What card do you have l0l

GTX 650M.

It's ok though. Soon.

Why do you need 6 gaming rigs?!? Jesus

>what is openCL

>reference
user.. I

Either it'll overclock up to 2.1ghz and I'll keep it or it'll get returned before the end of 30 days once stock levels normalise. Either way I can't lose.

>nvidia
You already have
I'm waiting for Vega to get rid of these monsters, I'll sell 2 weeks before release so the prices don't bomb too hard. Perhaps even earlier so normies don't know they're stupid for buying it
Xx80 series is always overpriced for performance anyways, ti version and xx70 are the only ones I'd ever buy if I had to

>AMDs $400 beat Nvidia's $700
We arent going to stop shitposting for a long, long time.

you can already pick up 980TIs for 300 on eBay, you really think they'll hold their value till 2017?

It hasn't done it yet. That's what OP is asking. Wait till it does it then shitpost to your hearts content.

Comparatively to release for Vega, somewhat
What else should I do, just sell it now and have no gpu for half a year?
I'll take what I can get
Also canacuck so they're a bit pricier here

I honestly doubt you have a single 980ti in your computer let alone 2 if you're shilling for AMD this hard.

Bruh they showed that shit off last month, two 480s trashed a 1080. Cost less, more performance, fuck you

>making me get out of bed for this
Only reason is because fury x was a mistake, otherwise I wouldn't have gone for nvidia

The gigabyte I picked up after 1080 dropped for reduced price

Also waiting for the inevitable performance gimping for nvidia not giving a shit about their older series cards after next gen

You do realize that what you have asked for is sensible conduct from unapologetic fanbois? You might as well ask five-packs-a-day smokers to give up smoking.

Have they considered vaping as an alternative?

$200 FLAGSHIP KILLER

NEVER SETTLE

Haha you made a funny.

>FLAGSHIP KILLER

AMD is better for mining bitcoin breh