Is Dvorak actually better than QWERTY?

Is Dvorak actually better than QWERTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MuVUGKBOp9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is more comfortable, but not any faster.

DVORAK is horrible tbqh, tho that may just be due to lack of familiarity on my part

Also, swap caps lock with backspace.

no

If you want to relearn your typing stuff, its better. Otherwise leave it be.

meme arrows placed in a great place this is going to be good

Useless

It has turned out not to be any faster by and large. Also, that thing you learned in school about qwerty being invented to slow down typists to preserve typewriters is a lie.

Real talk: I only use Dvorak because it means that when other people try to use my laptop they get frustrated and can't do anything.

I am just a bitter misanthrope.

>he fell for dvorak meme

dvorak is shit
use colemak, it was actually designed using statistical analysis of finger movement rather than just guesswork like dvorak

QWERTZ masterrace reporting in

It was never invented to slow down typists to preserve the typewriter. It was layed out to prevent the strikers from getting jammed up as they neared the paper. What idiot ever told you it was to preserve the typewriter?

No, it's literally a meme. I type at 100-120WPM with little to no errors on the QWERTY keyboard layout.

I have heard colemak is bullshit in terms of speed as well but if you are going to switch from qwerty colemak will give you all of the benefits with less time spent learning.

all layouts actually the same in terms of maximum speed (including alphabetical and random layouts), it's really just finger movement that's minimized

Even if it was 50% better (it's not), it wouldn't be worth the pain to switch.

If all you care about is speed then any traditional keyboard is going to be a disappointment.
You'll need a chorded stenotype like what speech-to-text and court reporters use.

The problems I get when using other layouts than qwerty are vim bindings. How the hell you guys program in a different layout??

Very carefully

youtube.com/watch?v=MuVUGKBOp9Q

How about stop using vim?

Not if you already type fast with QWERTY.

Azerty master race incoming

It looks like magic.

Colemak or gtfo

dvorak isnt more comfortable for slavs?

I use a proper editor with rebindable keys.

So you need to two hand CTRL-C AND CTRL-X? How about no.

Not worth reprogramming your muscle memory to be incompatible with 99% of keyboards on earth.

Yes. But it's not the standard, so you will never use it.