Recently got contacted by a recruiter from google for a software engineering position...

Recently got contacted by a recruiter from google for a software engineering position. Do any of you fine people have any suggestions of what I should study up on for their interview questions?

I figured I would read up on algorithms again but was curious if there is anything else I should consider.

Also how was your experience through the whole process?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mxcl/status/608682016205344768
niceme.me/
stallman.org/google.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Focus on algorithms and data structures and make sure you work through problems by hand so that you're comfortable.

Best of luck!

>working for Google
Tell them to fix password recovery you botnet degenerate shill cuck faggot.

You will be nothing but a replaceable cubicle loser. I guarantee it.

>muh tinfoil hat
Fuck off pedo

>Privacy is only for Pedophiles

Dude.

he is going to have a good job while you are going to be cuckposting for the rest of your life

I don't have any tips but I want to wish you the best of luck however user.

looks like the botnet doesn't want you to starve after all

But it is

OP is moving on in life while you wash away on a Pajeet tech support Q&A board.

kek

>Do you like Android?
Answer yes.
>Do you like Chromebooks?
Answer yes.
>Do you like Microsoft products?
Answer no.
>What is your favourite text editor?
Answer Google Docs.

just make sure you know how to invert a binary tree

Thanks user, I'll have to read up on data structures again as well. Regardless if I succeed or not it'll be a good refresher that at the very least I can apply back at my current job.

>he is going to have a good job
I mean I hope so, but lets not get a head of ourselves here.

Thanks user

Maybe. Or they're dashing up my hopes and dreams.

This will be a good practice problem, thanks user.

You mean swapping the left and right subtrees recursively or rebuild it upside-down from the leaves?

Top meme.

>101010
>010101

How difficult is that? Are u retarded? Lol

twitter.com/mxcl/status/608682016205344768

data Tree a = Empty | Node (Tree a) a (Tree a)

invert :: Tree a -> Tree a
invert Empty = Empty
invert (Node left x right) = Node (invert right) x (invert left)

Where's my 300K starting Google job?

post your github op

>Where's my 300K starting Google job?
I bet even the top engineers get like 170k max

probably have to move to a management position to start making 300k salaries

do it. nao

Are these seriously their interview questions? What the fuck?

I'll be honest with you, it's pretty barren. Last big project I worked on I used a Raspberry Pi for source control...

Don't you also work extremely hard at Google which is why they pay so much?

No it's a joke, they ask CS related questions, however I'm sure some of their interviewers would get mad if you said Visual Studio is great or that Android Studios sucks.

>Don't you also work extremely hard at Google which is why they pay so much?
well no shit user, any big tech company is gonna work you extremely hard

that being said, I would think google is probably slightly better than the other tech giants

Once you get to the other side,
(of the (inverted?) binary tree?)
tell us what happened to moot.

People seem to give the impression that it's easy money when you have to work your ass off for it. It beats a lot of jobs but still.

Aren't there others that work at Google that browse here?

Lets be honest work is always going to be work. But the important thing is if you like what you do and if the company bothers to make sure the experience is actually good, even if that means some nights where you'll be staying in late.

You really can't complain with those jobs in the end. The pay and benefits are almost unrivaled. It's only a matter of time before the big four offer paid maternity leave just like facebook.

hey OP since you are so good with this computer stuff can you help me boost my internet speed

there is a difference between a recruiter _from_ google and a recruiter _for_ google
make sure of which is it, before you lose time doing some shit so another john doe makes a couple bucks and you stay the same

>botnet degenerate shill cuck faggot.

fuck off nsa

This user is right though, Google literally supports the TPP,. They are shit and you shouldn't work for them as they are The Man.

Stop watching little Susy get railed by Buck and Tyrone

if he doesnt someone else will

>degenerate shill cuck faggot.
At this point I don't know if this is an ironic shitpost or a real Sup Forums post.

niceme.me/

You could say the same about littering: yeah, someone else will do it, but it will not be me since I am a person of principles.

What I usually do is educate the recruiter, explaining why is immoral to work for their companies. For example here are some good points OP could make:
stallman.org/google.html

honestly user, stallman's internet is a horrible place. the way he uses the internet is so outdated and shitty that I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and it is undeniable that google has improved the internet.

do you think google maps is immoral? google makes software that helps people and literally doesn't ask for anything in return, except anonymized metadata. you do not need an account to use google maps. you do not need an account to use youtube. you do not need an account to use search.

the fact of the matter is, google has done more good for the web than stallman ever will

The first intelligent comment on the matter

Upload your resume so I can copy it and get a google job so I can post it on facebook and get likes

>do you think google maps is immoral?
I don't think having the map is. I think tracking your real-time location everywhere you go on that map is.

>except anonymized metadata
a.) much of what they collect is explicitly not anonymized. They know the real-life identity that goes with your account in most cases.
b.) if you have anonymized datasets, and other datasets that are not anonymized, it's very simple to link them up and figure out who the people in the anonymized data are.

>you do not need an account
They track you even if you don't have one, or if you're logged out.

You don't need an account because your botnet browser fingerprint introduce so much entropy that nothing else is needed to identify normies like you. And without Stallman and the GNU Project, Google wouldn't be a thing.

Google is evil.

>without Stallman and the GNU Project, Google wouldn't be a thing.
explain this

You don't want to work for Google. It is a cesspool. Avoid.

Probably:
>something, something ... GNU Compiler Collection. yadda yadda yadda
Just like everything else "dependent" on GNU and Stallman.

As if no one else would have made a good C compiler if there weren't already a good one.

If you have no morals and ethics then by all means feel free to work for the botnet.

Perhaps you could change it from the inside for the better.

This, the bigger the company is, the more replaceable its workers are.