Why do people still buy iPhones?

Just switched to my first android phone, a $80 16GB/2048 MB RAM warp elite and bought a $18 64GB evo microsd card for it. Used to have a 8GB/512 MB RAM iPhone 4s and holy fuck, why do people still buy iPhones? They're overpriced, locked down phones, with no expandable storage. I deeply regret buying one desu.

I mean just look at pic related, how the fuck can iOS even compete? Just started learning how to torrent and a bunch of other stuff, this is fucking crazy. I used to look down on android because of how cheap the phones are but holy shit was I wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I
youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SOC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

App related is the dentex youtube downloader from github btw.

>Just switched to my first android phone
>learning how to torrent

Phones are for children.

op clearly is underage, he's just now learning how to torrent

>Just started learning how to torrent

I feel like this is very advanced bait because I honestly can't tell if OP is legitimate or not

I feel like post is something a 14 year old actually would say

He's also a huge poorfag
>3G
>$80 poorfag phone, upgraded from an ancient iPhone

I'm 20 and gonna start college soon. Also give me a fucking break, I could never figure out how to jailbreak my shitbird iPhone 4S so torrenting on it was literally impossible.

Fuck, shit's pretty confusing for a newbie like me. Am I supposed to change all these settings or leave them alone in pic related?

d-do you not have a laptop? you've never had a personal computer or an account on your family computer before?

Went from an iPhone 5 to a redmi 3 pro.

iOS was a tiny bit smoother for loading apps and shit, but I went from a flagship to a budget phone so I was expecting that.

I'm definitely loving android more than iOS though.

Moron, have you never used software before?
You run through all the options and see what's there. Change anything you don't like the default setting for, and move on with your life.

I don't know why you think using the torrent protocol is so interesting, either. In general there's just a bunch of shady illegal content and Linux isos tracked by torrent trackers.

Nothing of value of interest is in torrents, it's all on usenet and the dankweb.

>dankweb
paedophile detected

>Nothing of value of interest is in torrents
b-but animu???

No, just an old HP desktop my parents got me from wallmart in high school, why do you ask?

what is it you get from usenet that's not available in torrents?

>iPhone 4S
>torrenting on it

>Moron, have you never used software before?
yea but only on a desktop computer.

>You run through all the options and see what's there. Change anything you don't like the default setting for, and move on with your life.
hmm okay

>I don't know why you think using the torrent protocol is so interesting, either. In general there's just a bunch of shady illegal content and Linux isos tracked by torrent trackers.
And movies, tv shows, music, and shitload of other free stuff. Did you actually pay for all your movies and music?! lmao

>Nothing of value of interest is in torrents, it's all on usenet and the dankweb.
lol

Why Im on iphone:

>faster than any android phone
>best looking UI
>applications consistent with the system UI
>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget >tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
>does everything I need
>just works
>doesnt lag
>pretty much the best build quality on market
>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
>great design
>software updates for years and years
>almost no depreciation
>more secure/encrypted
>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
>best 1st & 3rd party support
>best apps and dev support
>imessage/Higher social status

OP is very poor and stupid

that's a dangerous combination

haha yeah it was pretty crazy even attempting to torrent on it in retrospect. Piece of shit only had about 2GB free after installing a few apps and video games.

Thanks for proving his point.

Shit, I forgot to add:

>Im a homo

This guy fuckin gets it. Love my iPhone for these reasons. Android is disjointed and laggy af, even nexus and Samsung note 5...

Nope. I pay $60 a month for unlimited high speed lte. Only reason I had 3G turned off is because it drains the battery and the 1-2mbps 3G gives me is good enough for most things. lte usually stays at 4-8mbps but it rapes my battery lol.

Finally I'm going to college soon, so the days of blowing $500 for a phone are over. I gotta be careful with my money now. My parents are giving me a room to stay in while I get my degree but I still have to get a part time job to help them with a little bit of expenses and to save up to pay back my loan as soon as possible.

Instantaneous downloads, Internet speed be damned

>not image.jpg
troll

Also, jail broken and run a few tweaks and fortune (Sup Forums client). Aesthetics are number one, along with performance and design. Android feels like emulator garbage. I used to have a rooted note 3, but samsungs touch wiz killed it. Nexus is the closest thing to decent but suffers from lag.

>phone
>torrenting on it

(You)

my nigga

Even the latest nexus and Galaxy are still years behind the good old 6s in terms of performance.

Imagine when the 7 comes out

Video related
youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I
youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI

BOHOO WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE BUY THINGS I DONT WANT TO

Iphones look great and works well

Also androids shit the bed after 1 year of use

Different people different opinions, stop being an autist about it

>it can open angry birds 0.5 seconds faster
>limited to 2GB of RAM while the newest Android phones now come with 6GB of it
>still no micro sd slot
>still can't torrent on them
>still can't browse files on them with a file browser
>can't share anything through wifi-direct or bluetooth
>can't do basic ricing
Lagdroid BTFO XD

Thank you pajeet, 50 rupees have been deposited to your apple positivity(tm) account.

What the actual fuck does anyone do on a phone that requires 6GB of RAM?

>>limited to 2GB of RAM while the newest Android phones now come with 6GB of it
And still its better at multitasking
>>it can open angry birds 0.5 seconds faster
And every thing else. Those things add up
>>still can't browse files on them with a file browser
IOS browser files within apps, there is no need for dedicated file browser
>>can't share anything through wifi-direct or bluetooth
Internet exists
>>can't do basic ricing
>ricing
lmao
My phone looks good and Im not a kid, so thanks

I rather have software updates, a faster and secure phone, good looking UI than anything else.

Nice boss that really prove a point. Look how smooth the iOS experience is with those apps open. Damn.

Androidfags, I've never had an app crash on me. Seriously, it's beautifully stable unlike these layered android skins these manufacturers force on you.

Hahaha... You must be new to Android. You'll realize in a little while.

>78 to 73% battery life in less than an hour
This is why I never use LTE unless I really really need it. God damn. But like I said, 3G is still fast enough for most things. This was worse on my iPhone 4s btw.

Overall I get 2 days of battery life on 3G on average on my warp elite. Barely made it to the end of the day with my iPhone 4s even with 3G lol.

>spends nearly $1,000 for a phone that has less features and theperformance as android phones half that price
>"Im not a kid"
hmmmmmmm

A rock can do more things than a sculpture. That doesn't necessarily make the rock more valuable.

OP here, I've had iOS and apps shit themselves sometimes on my iPhone 4s. Are you a paid shill or do you honestly think iOS and iPhones are "perfect". Haven't had Android or apps on my warp elite run into any problems yet but I'm sure I will sooner or later. There's no such thing as perfect after all.

What the fuck do rocks have to do with smartphones? They are nothing alike and cannot be used as analogies. Are you retarded son?

Torrenting on a phone. Why?

so you admit iphones are all aesthetic and serve no function other than being childish by showing off?

Because he's retarded

which features are you talking about? My iPhone does everything I need.

Lmao y'all niggas salty as fuck. Nobody forced you to get an iPhone.

mmmk if you say so

The only things I use torrents for is to download TV Shows, Movies, Sport events I missed and occasionally some professional software I dont want to buy yet.

Why the fuck would I want to do any of that on my phone?

What do you use torrents for on a phone?

>which features are you talking about? My iPhone does everything I need.
Okay good for you. But most people like torrenting and having expandable storage on their phones. Samsung is literally days away from releasing their 90MB/s write speed 256GB microsd card.

Why would I be salty? Torrenting on a phone is fucking retarded.

That thing would be a hoot in my Surface.

I agree, they are nice, but if you have 64 or 128gb on phone they are almost useless.

I used to be like you, finding specific reasons to keep myself on Android. And that was mainly because I thought iPhones were overpriced.

But they aren't, its worth every cent. You should try it, its impossible to buy and iPhone and say 'i overpaid for this' after. Its just so much better than any other phone.

This desu.
Not that it makes iShit any less faggoty

>But most people like torrenting
Only autistic niggas on Sup Forums torrent shit on their phone.

>Torrenting on a phone is fucking retarded.
what's your reasoning chap?

Limited space and sporadic connectivity.

Come on. I'm drunk as shit, and I can come up with this. You can do better. C-.

wow that the most shill-iest post I've ever seen in my life. Just wow.

I have this habit of constantly switching between iOS and Android.
I get bored with the lack of freedom on iOS, get Android.
Realise I don't actually do anything with the extra freedom and get iOS.

Shill? Because you disagree with me?

Whatever m8, that is just my personal experience, no need to be offended by it.

>Limited space
Which is why microsd cards exist. Samshit is about to release a 256GB one in days and is probably already working on a 320GB one.

>sporadic connectivity.
The fuck does this mean, lmao? I get ~10mbps unlimited lte day and night where I live so I leave my phone downloading 5-10GB torrents overnight or waiting for them to finish in an hour or less is okay with me.

>Connectivity

Hopping from one cell tower to another briefly disconnects you. It's a pain in the dick, and a good reason, among other things, not to use IRC on your phone. Believe me, I used to do it. It's better to have a cheap, shitty Windows PC passively doing that job for you at home while you run around town with your phone.

Everything related to you liking iShit design and the rest is features both rands have

CURRY UP NOW

>if I break it, it will break

Sorry but that is just not ture, I even like material design.

>Torrenting on your phone

Nigga no. Just fucking no. Why would you ever unless you're doing it on public wifi and really wanna be stealthy about torrenting at McDonald's?

Dude same, I'm on a 5s and will get the 7 when it comes out.

>16GB/2048 MB RAM warp elite and bought a $18 64GB evo microsd card for it.

Why buy an iPhone?
bechause you don't have to care about that spec shit in order to get a usable phone, they just work. Also there are versions with up to 128GB if you care about storage that much

>what is unlimited lte plans and watching movies/game of thrones episodes in bead with earphones

>2-8 Mbps on LTE/4G
What the fuck, you guys live in Nigeria or something?

you can already get 328GB of total storage capacity with a 128GB android phone + $79 200GB microsd card.

That will soon be 384GB of total storage capacity when Samsung releases their 256GB microsd card.

No I get 4-8mbps on lte, it's good enough. I still rarely use though, it eats through my battery faster than 3G does and shitposting on Sup Forums or reading mangoes online can be comfortably done on a 3G connection.

How much are you paying for your unlimited lte connection? How many GB do you typically use. I once used over 100GB of mobile data.

I pay 20€/month for unlimited data (+200mins/sms, but nobody uses those). On average I guess I use about ~30-50gb/month. Can't really have any data at the moment since I just unlocked the bootloader on my phone which resulted in a complete wipe so I have the data for the last 6 days, which equals to about 14gb total.
On my last phone I used about 1tb in about 13 months so that comes down to what, some 80ish gb/month?

Granted, I was then at a point that I was temporarily living with my phone as my only source for internet so a lot of that data was torrent traffic back then. Nowadays I have a 1000/100 fiber at home which costs me next to nothing because it's a residential deal.

You know that every single argument against iPhones will be countered with the "lmao why would you need that" response from iDrones right?

Holy shit, it's gonna be 448GB of total storage capacity when 320GB micro sd cards get released next year too.

The disturbing part is some of them are legitimate paid shills. I used to be a mod in a forum and we constantly had to ban shills there after we noticed some users constantly bashing people who did not use apple products and starting flame wars. I had to quit though, school and work started eating up my free time.

iPhone 4s is shit right now. Comparing new android phone to iPhone 4s is like having a sprinting competition with a 3rd class sprinter to a Olympic gold medalist grandpa.

Unrelated note: friend is about to sell his iPhone. Does shit on the drive actually remain unrecoverable when it's reset? Or is it like android where everything can be recovered?

Pic unrelated

An $80 Android is a fair comparison

Yeah, sure you do.

>mfw i can't afford iphone
>have to pay 100e premium because i live in europe
tried android 4/5/6 and wp7/8/wm10, i want something else

IPhones lag and crash, but they hide it behind animations and UI. Stop buying into the bullshit marketing.

Reminder iPhones are basically fashion statement and any sane technologically inclined person wouldn't ever use one.

>inb4 I don't care about all that
>inb4 I want my phone to "just week"
Then get the fuck out of my Sup Forums you tech illiterate

Shit on iPhone is recoverable but its near-impossible

>faster than any android phone
Not true, stop comparing iPhones to samshit
>best looking UI
iOS 1-6 looked better, iOS 7 and up is for gays
>applications consistent with the system UI
Stop using shit apps
>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget >tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
Android has widgets on the homescreen and allows app placement everywhere on the homescreen over a grid, android is more practical in that way
>does everything I need
If it does go ahead, where is your native file manager with bluetooth support?
>just works
See above
>doesnt lag
Get over it already, the lagdroid meme ended a long time ago when Android KitKat came out
>pretty much the best build quality on market
Not the best but good
>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
Camera doesn't even get close to modern phones
Screen have shit resolutions, no OLED
SoC? acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SOC Pick one and come back
Stogare isn't a problem because you can't store anything practical on it
>great design
Whatever, iOS 1-6 is better
>software updates for years and years
the iPhone 4 is pretty old and obsolete because it can't get software updates
Some phones from the iPhone 2G era are still getting Marshmellow
And besides that 3rd party ROMs are existent and could give a phone an even longer life
>almost no depreciation
iPhone 4 is obsolete as I said
>more secure/encrypted
Encryption has alot of backdoors
>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
This is true, I don't care because I have a adblocker on my phone
You can't do that huh?
>best 1st & 3rd party support
1st party is better with apple, 3rd party support of android blows apple out of the water
>best apps and dev support
Because the devs of your favorite apps are dumb just like you
>imessage
Get a better IM for that
>higher social status
(to people like you that are also absolutely retarded)

after torrenting the next step will be ricing, then installing custom roms, then realising how unstable and buggy those are, and finally regretting not buying an iphone

>Not true, stop comparing iPhones to samshit
show me a faster phone
>iOS 1-6 looked better, iOS 7 and up is for gays
nice taste
>Stop using shit apps
Dot tell me what apps to use faggot
>Android has widgets on the homescreen and allows app placement everywhere on the homescreen over a grid, android is more practical in that way
That way isnt practical at all, and that is just one of the points
>If it does go ahead, where is your native file manager with bluetooth support?
Why do I need a file manager? iOS manages files whitin apps, there is no need for a dedicated one
>Get over it already, the lagdroid meme ended a long time ago when Android KitKat came out
I never said Android lags, why are you so defensive?
>Not the best but good
Show me a phone with better build quality
>Camera doesn't even get close to modern phones
why? because it doesn't have 12142MP? lel
You dont even know what a SoC is in this context, kill yourself
>Stogare isn't a problem because you can't store anything practical on it
NVMe storage.
>Some phones from the iPhone 2G era are still getting Marshmellow
Which one?
Apple stops supporting a phone only if the phone isnt capable of running the newest iOS well
>iPhone 4 is obsolete as I said
You dont even know what depreciation is retard. Its the fact that you can resell and iPhone for pretty much the same value you bought it.
And the iPhone 4 is from 2010 why the fuck is it relevant?
>Encryption has alot of backdoors
Nice proof
Android isnt even encrypted
>This is true, I don't care because I have a adblocker on my phone
Yes I can retard
>3rd party support of android blows apple out of the water
Yeah, nah
>Because the devs of your favorite apps are dumb just like you
Nice ad hominen
>Get a better IM for that
I can. Can you get iMessage? nope
>(to people like you that are also absolutely retarded)
Sure, because you dont leave your basement kid.

Thank you panjeet, 20 poos have been deposited into your mouth.

He had an iPhone you dumbass. The newest one still doesn't have a microsd slot and the ability to torrent which OP likes.

>inb4 sour grapes

Same here. I love lte and fucking hate it at the same time.

Because people are fucking retards who want to look rich. Though lately the iPhone has become more of a homosexuality symbol.

Cool thanks user