How the FBI got Silk Road's IP address?

How the FBI got Silk Road's IP address?

krebsonsecurity.com/2014/10/silk-road-lawyers-poke-holes-in-fbis-story/

javascript worm that lived as service worker in local storage and spread through the tor browsers.

ping silkroad.com

Does it really matter? Whatever methodology they used, no matter how shady or flat-out illegal, will never be challenged.

So some security professionals managed to poke holes in the government's official statements. So what? We knew they were bullshit from the beginning. And what does it matter now? They will NEVER be held accountable for any illicit/illegal activities they might have employed. The only thing that matters is that another "terrorapist islamopedo drug assassination kingpin who was literally Hitler" was "brought to justice."

It matters to me because I like knowledge.

>caw caw caw

Then you're a traitor and a terrorist. You're asking for forbidden knowledge. The only thing you need to know is that the government stopped a very evil man who was not only selling drugs to our children, but was also hiring an army of assassins to kill the Baby Jesus and bomb the Statue of Liberty.

Thank God someone actually had the courage to do something before it was too late.

God I would love to just have weed mailed to me. How the fuck did people get away with this though? Marijuana bud smells and I cam't imagine the FBI didn't track every shipment they sent out. Why can't it be 2020 and weed be legal already?

>The only thing you need to know is what new smartphone from uncle SAMsunk has how many cores and how much the latest breaking bad and better call bullshit season costs. And you only need to know that the latest cheeseburgers are potassium free, which is good for you're health because it's potassium free and that's good.
ftfy

Stop spouting FUD, user.

Did you mean: How to buy Ritalin?

you must live in a flyover state user. Weed is legal on the west coast

You have no idea what FUD means, do you?

Wasn't talking about Ritalin
Only school worth going to in the West is Stanford user.

>Wasn't talking about Ritalin
Arrest this hippie.

Nice try there, Mr. FBI agent

Unless you're doing something pants-on-head retarded in public, police don't bother with marijuana anymore. Most would probably even smoke up if it were legal.

I live a shit country called germany where it's even illegal to have reading lights manually installed into a cars interior.
Yes, you got that right.

Don't cause a fright
Bin that light

You realize there other sites besides The Silk Road right?
>>r/darknetmarkets

Hired chinese hackers to get server info.
Same way how they "get control" of torCP sites and use them as honey pots for months

>“What happened is they contacted that IP directly and got a PHPMyAdmin configuration page.”
Absolutely disgusting. He deserved to be caught.

I'd love to be able to buy adderall online, sigh.

That is fucking annoying.

> But ya can't say it's illegal to do things online, cause it's online
> Even if it is illegal who cares? Now the bad guy's in jail.

This is the problem, since fucking always people don't understand what internet is about, so it's easy to make them happy if the bad pedo goes to prison.
DPR even got accused for fucking murderer just cause this way was easier to suppress all questions about the site and the fact that what police did was not legal.

you're in the wrong society for that shit buddy.

Texan here. That map is bs. Weed laws are still strict as fuck here. Cops take treat is as serious as having meth or heroin on you... Also any amount of hash, even residue is a felony.

there were at least two occasions where the general public was able to see SR's IPs. and ulbricht didn't even change hosting providers afterwards. the FBI could've gotten it many different areas. the official explanation doesn't really make sense, but they might have just explained it badly. either way, i severely doubt they did anything very sophisticated to get his IP or dox him. he had abysmal opsec, both in terms of his site's security and his personality identity.

you're retarded

you're also retarded

you can do this right now, and there's a 99.98% chance you won't get caught. the vendors triple vacuum seal it. no dogs can smell it. even if you strip 2 of the 3 seals and put your nose right up to the last one, you won't smell a thing.

the only thing you're risking is a vendor who gets caught by law enforcement and starts doing sting sales. but even then, they almost always don't go after buyers if it's a small quality. definitely not for weed, unless you're buying it wholesale.

does anyone have an actual fucking answer to OP? That article is from 2014, have there been any updates or new insights?

by catching those who have something to hide

Simple: the idiots used Tox which is known to leak your IP.

>How the FBI got Silk Road's IP address?
It's their job moron, it's what they do all FUCKING day!

>ONI

would you trust a japanese goburin to protect you from extremists?

How much is an eight 30 dollars ??? Glad they are gone, i wish loli city was back tho inb4 rightious moralfag of Sup Forums show up with their friendship and small boys for lunch

You clearly have no idea about that story, fag.