Why are large laptops so rare?

Why are large laptops so rare?
Why is it so hard to find a large laptop that isn't $5000 XXXXXXTREME GAMING 50lb bricks?

>have powerful desktop
>put it in home office upstairs
>just want a large laptop i can carry around the house and use on the couch, in bed, downstairs in the summer etc

Closest thing I've found is HDX9000 which is like $5000 and has a massive AC adapter. Same with the Sager NP5960.

Only other option seems to be stepping down to 18.4" which is still $5000 XTREME GAMING brick territory.

Or stepping even further down to 17.3" where weight finally falls into reasonable tier by ditching the GPUs and can be had for as little as $300, which considering my needs it almost doesn't matter what the specs are.

Can Sup Forums recommend me an anime that doesn't sux?

>Why are large laptops so rare?
because anything above 13" makes no sense

Boku no Technology

Ping Pong

>being a manlet

Build your own.

Of course.

Wrong pic, meant to post pic related.

Have you looked at the Dell Precision PC's op? I don't know what specific size you're looking for but they're

-Huge, hot and heavy
-Usually very good specs (I see models on ebay with 24GB memory often)
-Dockable
-Classy design, not gamer looking crap

Any other workstation laptop should do as well (Thinkpad W's)

None of them go above 17" from what I've found, at which point there's a million of them at that size on eBay for

Just buy a fucking $300 one and stop shitting up the board you daft cunt.

No. :^)

>mfw i kind of want it
It would actually be cool if it was an actual display instead of a projector.

Because for the most part there's no point to a large laptop that isn't made to be powerful.

>It would actually be cool if it was an actual display instead of a projector.
But it is.

I had your exact same problem OP, I wanted a 17.3' or possibly more pc to move around the house because fuck small screens but there was none reasonably priced and specced.

All they do is either have an unacceptable resolution like 1366x768, have unacceptable specs like dual core atoms (laptops big as a door and you couldnt fit more than that? Is it all empty inside?) unacceptable battery (giant laptop with 44wh battery? You could easily fit 100wh in something that big, what is wrong with you, or balls to the wall stupid price and gayming specs

There are a few 20' laptops from the 2007-2008 era though they run like shit if you're interested

>using the smiley with a carat nose

The real question is why fuckhueg laptops are so common. I thought my Thinkpad x201t was small when I first got it, but now I can't imagine using anything bigger for a laptop. I only wish I had a higher resolution screen though.

>Why are large laptops so rare?
Because laptops are supposed to be portable not desktop replacements. You might as well make a mITX system and duct tape a keyboard, trackball and 24" monitor to it.

Believe me I've checked.

Because only XTREME GAMURZ use obnoxiously massive laptops. And geriatrics who are so blind they get the massive laptops just to run them at 640x480 because they can't into changing desktop scaling. That's why it's either a $300 internet machine or a $5000 testicle torturing device.

Love Live! School Idol Project

what about used business laptops?

It quits being a laptop when it is as heavy as a pc

A 15" laptop ranges from 2.5lbs to 8lbs depending on components. Making an 18"-20" within that weight range is easy.

this is my fetish

Yuru Yuri

i want to fug akari

she can ride my dick carousel if you know what I mean

Ghost in the Shell
All of them

cowboy bebop and dbz is the only good anime. everything else is gay as fuck

The point of laptops is mobility. If you don't mind carrying around something large, get a small desktop.

Really, small desktops are really quite portable and powerful nowdays, and are quite cost effective.

All of them suck.

>>The point of laptops is mobility.
Thanks captain obvious.

>>If you don't mind carrying around something large, get a small desktop.
>desktop
>desktop power cable
>keyboard
>mouse
>monitor
>monitor video cable
>monitor power cable
>speakers
>speaker audio cables
>power strip
>portable

Akari is for hugging, not molesting

>laptop
>laptop power cable
>mouse
>keyboard
>speakers
>speaker audio cables
>power strip
>portable

The point of laptops is portability, if you're looking for a laptop that isn't very portable then you're in small desktop land

>laptop
>laptop power cable

Fixed.

and now she's for fugging, and there's literally nothing you can do about it

;)

>mouse
>keyboard
>speakers
>audio calbes
>power strip
>for a laptop
Are you retarded?

>mouse
>keyboard
>speakers
>speaker audio cables
>power strip
You don't need any of these. Just the laptop, and maybe the laptop power cable if you plan on using it for a long time.

Well why do you need speakers and audio cables for a PC? Headphones dude.
Well it's either carry a few extra things for a PC or buy one of those $5000 superbricks

>Build speakers into case or use a headset
>No longer need power strip either, eliminating three things from your list
>Most of the rest are common with the "laptop", showing the list to be a spurious strawman
Awesome.
His list was no more retarded than the one he replied to. Are you actually going to use shitty laptop speakers? Seriously? What about the touch pad? Going to use that in every situation OP described? It's awful. What about the built in keyboard? Going to adjust the screen just to make your hands more comfortable?

>audio calbes

>Are you actually going to use shitty laptop speakers?
Headphones exist.

>What about the touch pad?
Most people have no problem using a touchpad in 2016, besides, even if it is really a problem for your use case, mobile workstations with pointing sticks exist, and even if that isn't good enough, having to carry a mouse and a pair of headphones is hardly equivalent to carting around a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and accompanying cables (and finding a place to set it all up)

>What about the built in keyboard?
Now you're just being fucking autistic. Not everyone is a bitter hipster who can't survive without their tenkeyless of choice.

>desktop

Here's (You).

neither can you since it's just a drawing

should just buy an imac OP

that's the magic of it my friend

You stop shitting in the street Pajeet.

That's why I'm shitting in this thread

because it will not sell?

most people move their laptops around

no one wants laptop that cannot fit in their non autistic backpack

Buy a DRN STN and one of those thinkpad keyboards with the trackpoint.

Most people I know who own a laptop bought it as their sole computer and just leave it at home in one spot on a desk because it's easier than hooking up a desktop.

I would buy that in a pinch.

>because it's easier than hooking up a desktop

I can't believe there are retards like this.

It's not about not being obese. Anybody who does real work will do it on a desktop. 13 inches is the ideal balance between portability and power, which is what you should look for in a laptop. Nobody who carries around 17" laptops is smart, or does actual work.

>he doesn't have an 85" laptop

>13 inches is the ideal

Manlet detected.

>Nobody who carries around 17" laptops is smart, or does actual work.
Portable computers are not useful solely for your daily Starbucks trip to update your screenplay, most "actual work" you would do on them will 99% of the time be on a solid, stationary surface anyway.

if it's 17" is hardly portable at that point

Just stream your desktop. Use something like splashtop or use steam homesharing

Any fucking ASUS G750 is now piss cheap, "big" and powerful. Even if you throw a few more thousands in your budget, you won't get a much more powerful laptop than these.

G751 is the current one, but not much changed, and since the G750 is now going "out", it's cheap. You can buy the G750 with GTX980M fitted.

Those suck big time, I tried. (not OP)
None of them works properly.

I had a powerful PC and a shit ThinkPad (in terms of 3D performance) and I wanted to play games with gf together. Well, I spent fucking weeks, tried every OS, every virtualization, everything, even Windows 2012R2+RemoteFX... it's shite.

It's just not possible.
I am really sad GAIKAI got bought up and there was that other service. GAIKAI had a super awesome latency, it was unreal. I felt no lag whatsoever.

But then Sony decided to fuck everything up. Fuck Sony.

i did that before because my hp laptop lost keyboard and track pad functioningalitying

so it was some fucking stupid desktop

i travel a lot now so my 15" fruit laptop for professionals is great because it fits well and sits well

fuck hp

no

fuck me for spilling tea and chick peas on it

People who want huge laptops are usually people who just want a big "gaming" laptop and probably don't even get a desktop tower.

People who want a laptop in addition to a desktop usually look for something small and portable, because if they don't want to move around with their computer, they'll just use their desktop.

>fruit laptop
>for professionals
Pick one.

i am just making a joke by calling it that instead of macbook pro

calm your autism

it is an old 2010 that i could upgrade and triple boot everything

vidya, internet machine, and autistic time sink

>mac
>for professionals
Pick one.

Clannad

Aldnoah/Zero

hp pavilion
17' screen and good/acceptable performance

Get a 200$ mini pc, a 100$ 24' screen and a 20$ keyboard

I got a 17 inch so that I can watch movies in my bed.

Jus put it into a fucking bad

Watch evangelion and cowboy bebop

THIS IS ABSURD

>being a manlet

That sounds retarded.

Dell has some offerings in their precision line I believe.

Dont expect to buy a new laptop that size for a cheap price. It's a screen size that fell out of style.

I see cheap as fuck 17.3" on fleabay all the time. Just get one of those.

bump

Love Live! Sunshine!

Plastic memories it's Sup Forums related

All previous are retarded.

The only good ones are Cowboy BoopBoop, Attack of Naked Giants and Fist of the North Star.

IkaMusume

Sakura Trick.

MSI?