T-this is bad, right?

T-this is bad, right?
One week in, I did a full surface test and it was fine, now I'm writing actual files to it and after two terabytes I got this.
Fucking returning this thing gonna be a pain, shit.
One pass test wasn't enough. 10 pass tests from now on.
Also inb4 segate, I know, but it was cheapest per terabyte per year of warranty, so fuck it.
I only ever use disks in raid 1 anyway.

Deliver model number user-kun

I-it's an 8TB...

Okay, it's a 1na17z.
Holy shit, I've never seen a disk this bad before in my life.

Really? I don't think 9k bad sectors on 8 TB drive is anything outstanding. How many platters does your drive have? With modern high-density drives some bad sectors is Okay and considered part of manufacturing process.

>461 stop starts
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO THAT POOR THING?

This is similar to those cases in the ER where everybody is convinced that the patient should be dead but there he is breathing.

unrecoverable read errors per 10^14 bits
once per 12.5 TBs of reading
wouldn't more than a few read/write passes fuck this shit up entirely?

He gained 9k unmapped ones in a day. i.e. head crash.

I dunno, it's like it's parking itself.
Ya think so? How do you get a head crash on a drive this young?
It hasn't even been turned off since I did the full surface wipe, just formatted then I started copying shit.

>96%
when will it die?

Sounds interesting, got a link?

It looks like it's remapping them now.

Shit, forgot pic

rma it

Rebooted and now it's gone. Fuck.

Stop using shitty craptastic third party tools you fucking dumbass and use the manufacturer's diagnostic. It is the only one you can actually trust to provide actually reliable information about the status of the hard drive.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

I thought a head crash was when the heads physically crashed into the platter. And doing so was completely unrecoverable.

>Stop using shitty craptastic third party tools you fucking dumbass
>Hard disk sentinel
>Not literally the best tool available

>SMART diagnostics isn't a standard that can be reliably polled by third parties
Gee, I dunno.