Is this display just a meme? Are there better options for G-Sync displays at the same price range?

Is this display just a meme? Are there better options for G-Sync displays at the same price range?

I don't really care about 144Hz.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PG278Q-27-Inch-Display-Refresh-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>this display
>does not link name
>could be any fucking asus display

Sorry, this is a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q.

i have a mg279q(FreeSync equivalent) and its the best display ive used

Just be careful because theres an Asus panel lottery and you might get stuck in a cycle of RMAing

Look at the TFT centeral review on that monitor, its in depth and you can see table results

Is there any way to use Freesync with a NVIDIA card?

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I have a pg278q Swift.

Hands down the best purchase I've ever made. It spoiled your eyes though, I can't enjoy 60 fps anymore. G sync is as good as they say it is, haven't seen a single screen tear ever and no mouse lag at all.

Also I will say I almost got the 279q (IPS version), but didn't in the end due to shitty black levels, backlight bleed, and IPS glow. Playing a dark game like outlast or alien isolation would be impossible.

The TN panel has much better blacks, better response time, no bleed at all, and apparently has better color calibration results in comparison to the more expensive IPS version.

Either are the best monitor on the market right now.

Thanks for the review senpai, I'm really inclined to buy this but I'm still researching on the alternatives.

No, there never will be either.
Freesync will die, gsync will be the standard and AMD will be forced to pay for it.

personally found the FS2735 is better than the MG279Q (sent back two before landing a good panel), it has an edge motion wise and image wise but unless you have used quality displays you probably wouldnt notice too much

>Is there any way to use Freesync with a NVIDIA card?

That's not the way it's meant to be played™

dont get it.
the acer/asus gsync ips ones suffer from horrible backlight bleeding and other retarded shit.

amazon.com/PG278Q-27-Inch-Display-Refresh-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C

just look at the god damn user reviews.
I mean if you have the time/money to rma your monitor 5-10 times until you get a good one so be my guest and go for it otherwise dont buy one.

Currently there are no proper ips gsync monitor out there, if you really cant wait get a tn panel one. Its tn and everything but atleast they work.
Another solution would be to get a eizo freesync ips one but you would need to get a new gpu for that.

Is this common of Asus monitors in general or just this model because I was thinking of getting a C623AQR

only the current gsync ips ones.
acer/asus use the same panel for the monitor and suffer from the same problems. so there is that.

"Iam a sophisticated adult, I dont play videogames so there is no need to have G-sync/display discussion."

all while posting on an anime image based site full of 16year olds who love to post memes.

oh you

250 yuro for a pg279q without the monitor stand is worth it?

Once again, .

Get the TN version.

Its cheaper, runs faster, and IMO looks identical when compared side by side (beisdes viewing angles, but the TN is still a very good TN).

this

Not an argument

>Asus
>Republic of Gamers
>The Choice of Champions

>Not
>An
>Argument

Sorry, I can't make it any more plain for your tiny mind to understand.

That's OK, friend, but it's still not an argument :^)

Too bad no one responded to this bait, could of been a funny argument to watch.

Freesync is a standard.

y/n?

I agree with being spoiled. Had to RMA the monitor after six months because it went white and faded to purple one day. Used my old 1080 60 fps monitor for a week and it was like going from a 980ti to an xbone. Once you upgrade you really can't go back.

My only two complaints really with the Swift is it flashes black randomly (most likely due to shitty house grounding) and I have a single stuck pixel that comes and goes.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Good suggestion, ASOOS and friends needs to get their act together

Thankfully I live next to a frys. My first one had 4 dead pixels, 2nd one has been flawless for well over a year now.