Hey Sup Forums...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm looking to upgrade my PC and I want to know what are some of the best pieces of hardware I get that would work with my motherboard. Pic related: motherboard specs
Looking to upgrade: graphics and sound card, processor, And maybe more RAM I'm currently using 8.

Other urls found in this thread:

prntscr.com/bia341
prntscr.com/bia3b4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My graphics card

prntscr.com/bia341
^MY current graphics card
prntscr.com/bia3b4
^computer properties

Download speccy, will ya?

>sandy bridge i7 @ 3.1GHz
That's interesting. Not a single CPU on your motherboard's support list matches that.
I wonder if Speccy thinks the i7 3770S is Sandy Bridge instead of Ivy.
Post CPU-Z

can help you with your gaming system

Im not sure why? I put this together like early 2012.

Early 2012 matches Ivy's release. There are no 3.1GHz Sandy Bridge i7's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge

im not sure whats up then, I have little knowledge of hardware

Nothing's really up, Speccy's not always too bright.
Post CPU-Z or just confirm you have an i7 3770 S.

>Engineering Sample
Somebody was naughty and shouldn't have sold that to you.

>2.232V
HOLY SHIT.

Are you having problems with this overheating?
Stock voltage should be 1.2V It could be misreading it because that's an Engineering Sample CPU, or it could actually be cranking out that voltage because your motherboard has no clue what CPU that is because it was never released by Intel.

Not I havent had overheating issues. But, I cant force shutoff, like I cant just hold the power button and shut it off it has to be done through the start menu.

this gon be gud

just throw a new gpu in there and you'll be fine. the rx480 is about to be released for $199, wait for that

Go to the Bench of CPU-Z and hit "Stress CPU." Watch Speccy while you do this. If you go over 75C for the CPU temp, hit stop. "Stop" will be the same button that started the test.
Let me know the results.

* and then after (if your temps were fine) hit Bench CPU and post results.
Just want to make sure we're dealing with proper Sandy Bridge i7 speeds.

Alrighty, im doing that right now. I should add I also have to do some cleaning, My cousin has had it for a few months while I was abroad and its a dusty mess right now.

Did it get up to 90C?

No actually it went from 49C and capped at like 69C

128C ???

Yeah thats what my motherboard reads, Apparently that not too good. Im honestly condsidering giving this one away and just getting a whole new one

yeah, seems high. How old? Maybe some extra cooling if you dont mind the fans and the noise..

About 5 years old

Ok, that seems about right. If I clock my i7 3770 down to 2.8GHz I get the same scores. Ivy had around a 10% IPC gain over Sandy.

It's likely just reading wrong. I'm more concerned with your 6870 reading 90C since that's not normally wrong.

Anyway, your CPU is still quite good. There's no great need to upgrade it.
Your motherboard only has 2 DIMM slots and they're both already full, so unless you want to swap out the 2 4GB for 2 8GB, you're maxed. 8GB should really still be fine for most things, though.

For video card, wait for the RX 480 or get a GTX 1070.
Your 6870 shouldn't be a terrible performer unless you're trying to play the latest game on high, though. Is that what you're trying to do? If it's bad on older games it might be overheating and throttling if that 90C idle temp is right.

it can be still ok for a year or two. Maybe missread, these sensors and reading cannot be trusted.

No Im still running pretty much anything I play on high, the most recent game Ive gotten was Dark souls 3 and I have to turn that down to medium to run it smoothly. I guess ive spoiled and just looking for an excuse to upgrade ~something~, right?

You could get a SSD. They're not a humongous upgrade if you knew what you were doing and set up your hard drive right (OS on its own partition), but they are nice. I don't know if you'd want to go through the trouble of reinstalling your OS, though.

I was actually going to DBAN my computer tonight and reinstall my OS anyway

There you go. Get a 850 EVO or CS2211.