Is someone using Windows 10 on a rMPB? Are there any drawbacks or problems running it as main-os...

Is someone using Windows 10 on a rMPB? Are there any drawbacks or problems running it as main-os? macOS somehow gives me shivers.

Other urls found in this thread:

pidgin.im/download/mac/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're going to buy an expensive piece of hardware, don't waste it on a shitty OS like Windows. Use OSX if you want something better that still justwerks, or go Linux

Yes it since windows allows you to be productive, macbook wont be able to handle that and overheat.

>macOS somehow gives me shivers.

You shouldn't run a beta OS on your primary machine.

Also,

Yes, it's gimped by the fact that Apple doesn't allow Windows to switch between the discrete and integrated GPUs even though Windows has had that support since 7.

Basically, to no one's surprise; Apple are a bunch of worthless faggots.

I already have the hardware. However, macOS feels somehow limited (for example, no Pidgin, and Admium is shit), and running windows in a VM is bullshit when i run all major stuff in windows then.

Good God, it's an anti-hackintosh.

This is an abomination. We're all dumber for having read this post.

Return the Mac.

If this is the shit you are doing with your machine, you ave no need for a mac.

Return it and get some cheap ASUS from best buy.

It's what you deserve.

Return the MacBook and get a Thinkpad or Dell XPS laptop. The only reason you'd use it I think is purely for "status", looks or the operating system itself.

Was your laptop given to you or did you buy it yourself?

Its a work laptop

Doesn't sound like you're using it for work

>However, macOS feels somehow limited
As usual, it's because you're an idiot.
>(for example, no Pidgin, and Admium is shit
And what's wrong with Messages?

This is bait, right?

>Admium is shit

What's wrong with it? I was using it for awhile on an old 2008 C2D Macbook and it was fine.

>don't waste it on a shitty OS
>Linux

>a different os doesnt have the exact programs that are only for a different os
>the os has better alternatives
>i don't like it, it's limited

I run 7 on my rmbp

Bootcamp setup will only let you resize the OS x partition down to 20 something gbs so you lose some storage space. Not all programs can take advantage of the hi res display and will look blurry. Occasionally when I change the volume/brightness/keyboard backlight via top row of keys the overlay indicator will get stuck on screen and become non responsive to more of these types of inputs. Can't remap the fn key like most notebooks.

You're retarded.

>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE

You're retarded.

Return your MacBook and let someone more deserving pick it up at a discount.

Then go to your nearest Walmart and buy the cheapest Asus craptop you can find.

Don't forget to grab some Mickey D's on your way out in your motorized scooter.

He's free to not like it, he isn't free to make up bullshit.

>tfw i installed bootcamp drivers on my custom build desktop to let my apple keyboard work correctly
>tfw everything works flawlessly and the volume pop up never got stuck unlike on my rmbp with bootcamp

No need to post the same shit twice, I heard your retardation the first time.

>OPINIONS I DON'T APPROVE OF = BULLSHIT

>OPINIONS I DON'T APPROVE OF = BULLSHIT
Because that's what I said. Every time some idiot on here posts about OS X being 'locked down' they are full of shit.

This is the dumbest idea I've seen in a while.

Go ahead and set up Win 10 in Bootcamp and Dual-boot if you want. No idea why you would want to avoid an OS made to run with that particular hardware so that you didn't have to find a substitute for Pidgin. Hey, Its your problem if you do.

Jesus fucking Christ...

Who the fuck is talking about OS x being locked down or not? He's saying it comes with incompetent shitware and my opinion is that everything from the acceleration curve to the UI is fucked.

>Inb4 b-but muh bash and my decade old emacs this is totally a customizeable leet haxxor system guise
Nobody cares.

Go back to your Xbox OS and fuck off to .

>However, macOS feels somehow limited (for example, no Pidgin
pidgin.im/download/mac/

>Yes, it's gimped by the fact that Apple doesn't allow Windows to switch between the discrete and integrated GPUs even though Windows has had that support since 7.

Yeah, a lot of people have to Apple replace their logic board after using GPU intensive tasks in Windows in addition to that. Best have an updated warranty.

>Who the fuck is talking about OS x being locked down or not?
Fuck off until you learn to read, retard.
>He's saying it comes with incompetent shitware and my opinion is that everything from the acceleration curve to the UI is fucked.
Good for you. It isn't, though.
>Nobody cares.
For real, no one cares about what you have to say. Stop replying.

No it isn't.

I'd rather run a system I'm know well with minor hiccups than to readjust my entire workflow and retrain my muscle memories just to make the software and hardware slightly happier with each other.

You're either a huge macfag or have never used a Mac coming from years of windows.

What a sound rebuttal. I never played a single video game in my life. I'm right and you're wrong. Drink bleach faggot.

I can read and my interpretation is Limited = incompetent, useless shitware.

>For real, no one cares about what you have to say. Stop replying.
What a sound rebuttal. Heed your own advice and don't make a shitpost if you can't support yourself, instead of asking for my mercy.

>I can read and my interpretation is Limited = incompetent, useless shitware.
Probably because you're an idiot. You're just going to argue this 'point' with vague bullshit until mommy calls you for dinner.

Sup Forums is not a tech support forum.

Go to Best Buy and get ripped off by Geek Squad. It's what you deserve for being so fucking stupid.

>m-maybe if I put enough insults in my post he won't notice I have zero argument
Oh my sides.

It's pretty fucking obvious from context he was never taking the OS being limited in the same way you interpret as "locked down". Keep embarrassing yourself though.

>tech support
What the fuck are you on about? I never asked for any tech support? Looks like you need that the most yourself seeing you can't even reply to the right post.

I don't use it often, but I have it installed. I can access the same Windows 10 install both natively (with bootcamp), and from within OSX using Parallels. It all works totally seamlessly. Just took advantage of the Windows partition to root a shitty Android phone.

I ran windows 10 (via bootcamp) on mac air for 6 months before I bought a desktop.

Worked mostly fine, backlight/sound buttons sometimes glitched, and keyboard layout was difficult to get used to.
Battery life was much worse, but still enough.