Sup Forums thinks they are smart for being able to program

>Sup Forums thinks they are smart for being able to program
>programming is a skill that will soon be taught to all elementary schoolers
anyone, even the intellectually impaired, can be a programmer with very little effort and this is a fact

So is math, I don't see everyone going into finance.

Sure if you just want to make American poo in loos ctrl+v-ing from Stack Overflow.

Real coding requires intelligence and creative thinking.

/thread

Don't you need autism to be a successful programmer?

It's sort of the same with any technical field. People who sperg out about it and spend all of their free time practicing and reading about the subject will tend to excel at it.

Hint: this is not what your average high school kid is like when it comes to CS

>study computer science at a school that actually teaches computer science as a separate disipline than software engineering and IT shit
I am glad I don't have this problem

>implying most guys in finance have even seen real math

Math is taught in school, yet not everyone is mathematician.

>some people are better than others

*ahem*

math isn't taught at all in school. I didn't see a single proof until my senior year. Everything was just memorization

That's a good essay

>being a lowly code monkey
>getting cucked by literal street-shitters
>not getting into networking or infosec instead

Coding is literally a monkey job

Software development isn't

a+b+c= successful inclusion!

that statement, along with the usual of talking in code as a joke and getting it wrong, is the closest to programming that most people will get

>everyone is taught math
>everyone can be a mathematician

the difference isnt very clear to me tBh. if another programmer has to tell you precise specifications that you just turn into code syntax then sure you'd be a fucking monkey but i doubt anyone works like that

>we need x into y in z language
still code monkey indifferently of how precise the specification is, you're making any engineering, is just codig the project

not saying designer > code monkey tho, nothing wrong being a code monkey

Structural Engineer here.

Programming is something we were expected to learn in our spare time to help us with the rest of our degree. The same went for cad and BIM modelling

Yes my code is shit, yes it runs like shit on basically any machine, but I still understand algorithms and functions, oop etc.

It's literally a means to an end. While I understand that software engineering and development is valuable, I just can't be fucked to dive into that much autism for optimisation .

I think the amount of shit that people get from Sup Forums types round here for language preferences etc. Is funny.

All students are "taught a foreign language" at school. If all the school graduates are really that good, why can't I hire translators for a dime a dozen?