Hey...

Hey, so when I installed Debian on my main computer it was the 32-bit version on my 64 bit machine and it worked just fine. I'm just a bit irritated that I accidentally installed the 32-bit version.

Now I'm helping my brother on his new 64bit machine, and I've installed the 64 bit version of Debian from here cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.5.0/amd64/iso-cd/ and I only installed CD-1 and apparently it was missing basic fucking utilities like sudo and curl, and while I've been work around problems like that, I wonder what else it's probably missing. Is there a pack or script to just make sure I have everything a basic OS should have?

The main issue I'm having is that he really like RPGMaker 2k3, which I've been able to get on my machine running 32bit Debian just fine but even though I can get the editor to work on his machine, it refuses to do a test-play and says "Error OLE 80040154"

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO
debian.org/CD/netinst/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just get a dvd or usb stick and reinstall. it will be much faster than trying to fix an incomplete installation

>just get a dvd or usb stick and reinstall. it will be much faster than trying to fix an incomplete installation
But I've already installed the OS, twice, and there's no reason it should be incomplete. Should I even bother trying Debian again, or should I try Ubuntu or OpenSuse?

>there's no reason it should be incomplete.
>I only installed CD-1

?

Oh shit. Was I supposed to burn ALL the CD's? I thought it installed everything not on the disk online?

>Was I supposed to burn ALL the CD's?
i'd assume so, yes. i never installed debian myself, so i'm not sure. i always go for ubuntu or mint

all CDs are literally all of the components
it's normal to just install CD 1 and that's all since every CD is 700mb, do you really want to burn 7 CDs?

just login to root and install sudo

apt install sudo curl

why are you using Debian in the first place? Are you doing something that requires your PC to be on for extreme extended periods of time? Then stick with Debian as it's ridiculously stable and not known for fuck ups.

At the same time it's old, drivers for newer hardware/standards aren't the greatest. One of the various flavors of Ubuntu might be more up your alley.

I've already taken care of those two specific issues. It's just that I assume other things I don't know about are missing, and they're causing RPGMaker2k3's play-tester to not work on this computer even though it works on my own computer with the 32bit Debian.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

>CDs
Install the DVDs, genius

use ubuntu or mint

Just install some stuff with a shit load of dependencies. Also, if you're using a 32-bit RPGMaker application on 64-bit Debian, you will need to install the 32-bit libraries.

Just do a fucking netinstall

>Just install some stuff with a shit load of dependencies.
Like what?
>Also, if you're using a 32-bit RPGMaker application on 64-bit Debian, you will need to install the 32-bit libraries.
How
>Just do a fucking netinstall
How?

holy shit just use Ubuntu.

>Like what?
Well, any KDE application will require all of KDE and a bunch of other libs. Wine's also rather big. VLC will probably require most media related libraries...

>How
wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

>How?
debian.org/CD/netinst/

Hue hue hue

Debian won't install sudo or curl by default

Literally 2 minutes of googling

Ubuntu was made to save this type of people from headaches like this. It's ok to use it, don't feel ashamed. At least you're not using windows or os x.