Should I buy a Macbook Pro 15 (2015)

I am in the market for a laptop for school. I am a web developer, android developer and use lots of photoshop. I am offered to buy the "new" Macbook Pro 15 mid 2015 2,5 ghz with dedicated graphics for 1900$. Should I do it?

And yes I have been using windows for my whole life.

No

Wait for the refresh in Aug/Sept

Any other sugestions for this time in this price range?

Yes you should probably give a rMBP a shot.
No you shouldn't buy the 2015 version now. At least wait until the 2016 refresh, then buy a refurbished or used 2015 rMBP off someone who just wants the newest of everything even if he's wasting money doing it.

>I need something for school
>i've been offered ____
>it's june
ask your parents to set that money aside and buy you something in August/September.

I know I should wait till the refresh, But seeing the costs of macbook pro's I think that for 1900$ (which is very low for this high end model) this might be a good deal.. I think...

look retard, if you came here asking us to pat you on the back and tell you to go for it, then you missed your stop at tumblr or reddit or something. if you came here asking whether you should take the deal as you described it, then listen to us.

>offered to buy
wat

Wait for Refresh. The MBP 15" Mid 2015 model is also known to have an firmware issue with their SSD early at release, but this issue may have been cleared.

The MBP 13" Early 2015 was the more advance MBP than the 15" without any significant flaws, but the only edge the 15" has are the options of discreet graphics and a larger screen.

Dood chill I just want to here a opinion. I have been working my ass off, trying to collect money for a good machine that will last me for the next 6 years (currently using a potato with dualcore and 8600gt).

that is a ton of money for a 15" laptop if it doesn't have a dedicated gpu or 500+gb ssd etc. you will regret wasting money like that. if you have been using windows your whole life buy a freaking windows machine. you want to be productive in your school life. photoshop and undoubtedly everything else you need will work on windows. basically, no don't do it.

>Dood
dude
>chill I just want to here
hear
>a opinion
an opinion

and you kind of don't seem to want to hear any opinions. you asked for our opinions and you're clearly still rationalizing why you should do what everyone is telling you not to do anyway.

>that is a ton of money for a 15" laptop if it doesn't have a dedicated gpu or 500+gb ssd etc.
is impulsive, kneejerk behavior a symptom of something? he said it has dedicated graphics.

what's the type and size of the storage though?

bro i don't think you should waste your money on this college thing. it's not looking good for you if you're mistaking "here" and "hear" and shit...

that may be a reasonable question, but it's short-circuited by the whole rest of the thread saying not to buy a 2015 MBP when apple's refresh cycle so predictably forecasts a 2016 version coming out in august/september.

Buy a used thinkpad with Linux for a hundred bucks for now. Then in August/September buy a mac.
:^)

I wish I could afford a mac desu but I'm poor

i mean he has to go to school when it starts i'm guessing, if it's got a decent gpu with a big ssd and one of them high resolution (2560x1440 is what they have in them right?) 15" screens, and he worked real hard for a computer, then sure go ahead and get it man you might not regret it. just keep in mind there's no numpad and also look at the webcam quality it might be underwhelming. also ask for info on the battery cycle and stuff cuz you might have to replace that.

>Android developer
>web developer
Got me

also, i just remembered, check that specific model. because on the newer models apple does alter the firmware to prevent installation of windows 7 and lower or os x 10.9 or lower. something to keep in mind...

OP here

(for those complaining for my language, then sorry, but I do not natively speak english...)

This is the configuration
15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB GDDR5 memory

I know I have a lot of alternatives on the windows side. Maybe I will go for a dell xps 13 or just something cheaper

Thank you nice guys for your opinions

I got this exact model about 5 months ago OP. All I can say is I'm happy with it, despite having been pretty adamantly anti-mac since forever.
I'm gonna pass on the fact that being a web "developer" is a fucking meme and just say that OSX is as good a development platform as any other.
Now Sup Forums will tell you that muh Macs are overpriced toys xDDDD, and it's not entirely wrong, in the sense that a non-Apple laptop with similar specs will cost significantly less, but you still get more bangs for your bucks here.
Basically this is the comparison I'd make :
An MBP is a Samsung/HTC/whatever flagship, and another laptop is a OnePlus. It has the same specs on paper for 70% of the price but at the end of the day it cuts corners to bring the price down.
So what exactly do you get on your MBP that makes the price worth it?
>extra battery (a fucking whole lot)
I had a Yoga 3 14 before that, which is considered to be an ultrabook with good battery life and it didn't come close.
>fucking good speakers
>a nice screen
I'm not gonna try to meme with "Hurr muh Apple pixels are better", but it's undeniable the screen has some nice things such as really high brightness, high res for a laptop with good scaling from the OS
>trackpad
that one's really nice
>a shitton of ram
desu it might be superfluous but heh
And other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?