What does Sup Forums power their speakers with...

What does Sup Forums power their speakers with? I was thinking of buying this one for Dali Zensor 3's and then using a Raspberry Pi with some DAC as source.

I use my Aiwa stereo.

harman/kardon pm655vxi

AKAI AA-1135
I don't know shit about sound systems.

TXSR308

It's pretty

2216B here, ~38 years old and unrestored.

I've always thought that the Yamaha stuff looks really nice as far as new stuff goes. Would definitely be a consideration for me if I needed a replacement.

Not pretty by any means but it sounds great.

Marantz PM6005. Would buy a A-S501 if I could fit into my TV stand.

Got the Abit subwoofer thing for free, speakers were 5 euros.
Sounds really good actually, they're connected to my FiiO combo.

Fak, picture...

Yamaha a-s300.

How do you like it?

Its great. Ive spend shitload of time on the internet researching things before buying it. Worth every dollar in my opinion.

Maybe you should have made a single audio thread?

A Kenwood KA-72B I bought for $11 at a Goodwill

I didn't make that

I have no idea what that thing is even

why do you even need these expensive amps?
What do they do what studio monitors don't?

Look nice in the living room

Weird, you both used like the same sentence structure.

If you're using a raspberry pi, I would focus more on the DAC than the amp. Most amps will sound fine as long as you aren't feeding them crap. If there's one thing that's crap, it's the standard 3.5mm output on the Pi.

nice furniture looks better and is most likely cheaper

Musical Fidelity M1SDAC and M1PWR.

I've got another M1PWR in its box since I got a bundle shipped from the US but never found a use for it since I didn't set up both as mono blocks.

>tfw dust only shows when the flash is used
I'm moving out next weekend. I'll dust everything when I pack.

I'm considering selling these amps and the DAC when I've found a place to work and move into.

I don't really know what I'll get as a replacement.
Maybe a NuPrime uDSD and an STA-9.

If I didn't need headphones I'd just get an IDA-8, also from NuPrime.
Seems decent enough.

This one sounds like shit.
>m-muh retro!

Sounds fine to me.

I'm sorry i was just baiting you. I'm emotionally unstable.

Crown>>>>>>anything else

>$350 for 60 watts max
So lets say I wanted to power anything more than bookshelf speakers to a respectable volume, then this amp is pretty much useless

This bitch. Sounds ok

Sorry. It's the rx-v430

In all seriousness the thing is full of 38 year old capacitors and I can't imagine it's performing the same as it once did. I just can't hear any issues but maybe I would notice a difference if I actually hooked a restored or brand new amp up to the same speakers.

Larger speakers are actually more efficient, all else being equal of course.

60 watts is a ton of power. The wattage wars pretty much a meme that took off about 45 years ago. Through the 1960s it wasn't uncommon for audiophile systems to run on less than 10 watts per channel and it was perfectly sufficient for most speakers to fill a living room.

Yeah, good luck powering a pair of new elacs or cerwin vegas with anything less than 100 watts

Obviously there are speakers out there that are inefficient and require lots of power, but to think that it's typical to need more than 60 watts per channel to drive any "more than bookshelf" speakers is extremely ignorant.

These are your standard integrated amplifiers. You use them to power any passive loudspeakers.

Yeah no, doesn't work like that.

I bought one of these bad boys a while ago. Now all I need is good speakers.

I have this one too. It's great except for the shitty "HDMI Pass-Thru (TM)"

i use this lil nigga with an external USB dac. the quality is insane for the price (50$)

my dad has an old akai (pic related) that he bought when he was ~17, he's turning 51 this year.

Kenwood KA-51 from 1983. I know shit about this guy because I bought it for cheap in a shitty charity market, but IMHO it just werks (and it's still powerful as fuck).

and this is mine, its an older JVC that I have, I used to have a late 1980's yamaha amp, it still works, just 3 of the 4 channels are blown

I'm using the "HDMI pass-through". Whats the issue?

that it doesn't support HDMI input, only pass-through.

>it supports hdmi pass-through
>it doesnt support hdmi input

holy shit, no way

i think you think you're being smart for some reason

You're overthinking, user. Go for a walk or something.

It does exactly what it offers and you're complaining it doesn't do something else?

lm3886 (the exact kit in the picture)

Sounds really good.

i use the vincent sa-31 mk and the 331mk they are really good thou quite expensive but and they get very warm also a vincen cd-s7dac as the dac and cd player its a really nice looking and very good sounding stack

I'm claiming that it could be better. A 486 does exactly what it offers but the latest i7 is still better.

It's also a bit treacherous because there's a big HDMI logo on the front of the device.

why? it's going to sound like garbage with decent speakers.

It technically does HDMI too. I send my music over HDMI to the receiver and it plays via "HDMI passthrough".

I use an Estonia UM-010 final stage amplifier attached to a Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS. It has 3 buttons and 2 lights on it. That's about it.
It's 100% original and I imagine the capacitors and electronics inside are pretty mushy by now.
Sometimes it shows me a bit too much of зaщитa, but it does work.

Used to be a part of an Estonia 10 hi-fi set from 1980s.

Yamaha RX-A700

How do you control the volume? Please tell me you're not doing it in software.

>not having a 24bit 96khz audio interface with studio monitors for true sound.

what are you doing lad?

The pre-amplifier controls volume, which in my case is an Audigy 2 ZS.

doing it in software causing sound quality issues is a myth

I have a NAD C 326BEE. I've been using it for a few years now and I'm very happy with it, does its job and sounds great. I could've gone for less power though, I don't think I've ever turned it up to even half volume, it's way too loud in my medium-sized room even before that.

also the remote control is really cool it activates a motor on the volume nob turning it

Don't most amps with remotes and analog volume control do that? Mine has it too. I wish it had a small LED or something, I can't see shit if it's dark.

my old sr10 dident do that might be a feature of all good pre amps its just cool to watch

I think all amps with analog volume control do that because there's not really any other way to do it, but I think most modern remote-equipped gear uses a digital volume control instead.

We have a Pioneer receiver in the living room with the motor-driven analog style volume control and I actually find it rather annoying at times because it can be difficult to make very fine adjustments with the remote.

Yeah, that's what I thought, that there's not really any other way to do it. It's difficult/impossible to make very fine adjustments on my amp as well, though it hasn't been a real problem for me.

>. I've been using it for a few years now and I'm very happy with it, does its job and sounds great. I could've gone for less power though, I don't think I've ever turned it up to even half volume, it's way too loud in my medium-sized room even before that.

It's a novelty more than anything. These days digital pots (like IC's that change resistance) LDR's (using photo sensors to vary resistance) or PGA's are the way to go for this.

Pots degrade the sound and most importantly wear over time.

>tfw I got a (You) but it wasn't really for me

>Pots degrade the sound and most importantly wear over time.
On this topic, the volume control in my old Marantz seems to have poor tracking that causes left to right imbalance, but doesn't seem to be caused by oxidation/dirt. I wonder if it came from the factory that way or it's just due to wear from decades of use. Regardless, it's kind of made me want a digital volume control on future equipment. I've already resorted to just leaving the volume/balance alone and using software volume control, even though that really bothers me.

are you sure that's not audio return channel?

fite me

What is this? Looking at Naim Audio stuff and can't find anything like this.

I'm currently looking at the ps audio sprout but I haven't really been able to find a reliable source to tell me if it's worth the price tag.

trash

Beautiful

picrelated

Why is audio equipment so gorgeous? No computer part comes close in terms of aesthetics.

Audio equipment is usually kept quite centrally in your living room while most people keep their computers underneath their desk

Nice E07k. Does it add much to the system?

They are connected to the Dali Zensor 7,5,1, vocal and sub.

Zensor 1+Sub on the pioneer for gaming and 7,5 and vocal to the living room for movies