Looking for a monitor that is 40" with 1ms response time, 144hz and 4k

>Looking for a monitor that is 40" with 1ms response time, 144hz and 4k
>they don't exist
I find the lack of good monitors disgusting. Why don't people use large size monitors for gaming? It's delicious.

Other urls found in this thread:

blurbusters.com/8k-120hz-video-cable-supermhl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lets do the math:

3840*2160 = 8294400 pixels
8294400 * RGB (3 byte) = 24883200 byte =
24883200 byte = 23.7 MiB
144 hz * 23.7 = 3412.8 MiB

That is 3.4 GiB per second.
Soo, simple answer is, its to much data to handle for current technology.

Because currently no computer can power a 4k display at 144hz for gaming. Even current games still cap out at about 90 with gtx 1080s in sli.

Theres no point in getting one for watching movies, since theyre 24 fps usually not 4k

1080 can do it. Are you poor perhaps?

It's not that I want all of those at the same time right now. But I might want that 3 years from now. Hell my pc can't even run dark souls 3 above 35 fps average. It's just that my current monitor is dying and I need a replacement that'll last me a long time. 144hz being most important, and 1ms response after that. 4k is last on my list but I don't want to have to buy another monitor in 2 years.

yeah, because uncompressed/encoded video output is the standard

Displayport can do 32 gigabit per second
It is limited to 4k at 120hz though

or you could just wait until you get a better computer, when 4k displays will be cheaper

daily reminder that upgradeability is just a meme

>1080
>monitor

Shiggy diggy

Is this what autism feels like?

Do you actually gain that much from either?

I used a friends computer and monitor which could do 144hz and it seemed a bit shit for the extra price you have to pay. A clear improvement of course, but not at all worth the money.

And I can imagine 2k or 4k won't make THAT big of a difference either to be worth it.

I sit far away from my screen where I can't really see individual pixels in images/movies and games. So would it benefit me?

My current monitor has been dying for a year now. It makes popcorn noises when I start it up, and it needs to warm up for 10 minutes before I can switch to the video channel without it randomly changing settings.

pc master race my ass. can't even 144hz 4k correctly at 40"

>40inch
>4k

Buy a 50 inch TV you autistic nigger

>I sit far away from my screen where I can't really see individual pixels in images/movies and games. So would it benefit me?
Maybe slightly. But I sit about 50cm from my 37" screen. I definitely notice it. Anything 60fps makes me jizz and I want to go even deeper. That extra smooth response time is for my dmc4 practice sessions, which most people probably won't notice either but I think I will.

Those have a high ms response time. Unacceptable for what I want.

I'm not sure you understand how displays work. They display each row of pixels sequentially from top to bottom. Response time is generally tested at the top, middle and bottom of a display and then averaged. That's why as a panel gets bigger, it'll generally have a higher response time.

The largest monitor you're going to be able to get at 4K 144hz with 1ms response time is 28inches. That's the Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q.

You'd probably end up paying close to a grand for a 40 inch 4k monitor, instead of just paying for a cheap 1080p monitor to serve you in the meantime. Then once displayport 1.5 comes out (hopefully) it will be able to do 4k at 144hz

Response time below 3ms is a meme. Even if you had 120ms hand-eye reaction time (0.0001%), 1ms response time would be less than 1% gain on overall reaction time.

Have you looked into CRTs?

blurbusters.com/8k-120hz-video-cable-supermhl/

relevant

>the human eye cant see more than 24 fps

Monitors were never meant to be over 30". You can get 4k 144hz gaymur $1k monitors though.

>imlpying there is a crt which you can get 4k and 144hz

My laptop's GPU can do it, retard. You just need a monitor manufacturer to take advantage of how kick ass Thunderbolt 3 is.

Fucking Nvidiots are the most tech illiterate people.

Just turn off image processing and u have ur problem solved and than u get a 4k 40 inch TV from 2almart for $250 while u wait for 4k 144 hz