Why do you guys still buy thinkpads?

Why do you guys still buy thinkpads?
Are you really that fucking prone to throw it off a building, sit on it, or any other stupid thing?
I think the only pro of it is the keyboard and looks, nothing more.

They're cheap and feel nice to use.
Everyone on Sup Forums is an unemployed neet, you can understand why they're popular here.

Its a hobby, i waste my life as a wageslave, come home half dead, and get back to working on my old thinkpads

they soothe me

something about windows XP and old games on a giant black brick from the early 2000's is just really calming

im up to 4, and a thinkcenter

I like it a lot, it's better than any other laptop to me even 3x as expensive.

POWER

holy shit, is that a p series or something?

the idea of all that in a thinkpad gives me an erection

I buy elitebooks and precisions now

What model is that?

p50

>2k dollars
how does it feel to be rich?

x220

What is the font?

It looks like Tahoma 9pt with no smoothing.

A modern thinkpad won't survive any of those, OP.

They're also all 16:9 garbage. You might as well buy a used macbook and get roughly equivalent crap specs, crap build quality, and crap durability for a couple hundred more

(inb4 poorfags who think a few hundred means shit. you too, can be a "rich" fag. all you have to do is never buy a new car, a new anything, have no kids, no wife, no girlfriend, no boyfriend, and pay off all your loans early at the expense of temporarily living like a hobo)

I'm poor af desu. I'm head to toe in thrift store clothes and I had to do some financial magic to afford the p50. But when it comes to tools for work I must have the best.

1366x768

nigga pls

>something magical
you stole it?

This, working on Thinkpads is really comfy. I normally hate working on laptops and even smaller desktops because of my huge hands, but digging into my T60's guts is a genuinely enjoyable experience.

>no smoothing
how do you unsmooth it? I really like pixelated fonts

I had to tell one of my clients to buy it for me instead of paying me. I'm basically an indentured servant now.

Have thinkpad 13 since last week.

It's awesome.
Thank fucking god, I didnt get the XPS 13

>i play games all day

I just don't like working for the man and try to minimise money wasted on laptops. I generally buy a refurbished X-series ThinkPad every 2-3 years for around 300€ and am currently on my 4th one.

I do the same with Nexuses.

I sold my gaming PC with an i5 2500k for $700 and replaced it with 3 T420s that cost $80 each

What do you like about it over the Dell XPS? Sad battery life and abysmal design?

>cheap
>parts are literally everywhere
>durable as fuck compared to consumer laptops
>werks with loonix nicely
>most have IPS displays

It have 9 hours battery life.
Cry me a river manlet

Thinkpad are made for work.

I'm sure anime does not look as good on it compared to your RAZER OMNICRON ULTIMUS with extra LEDs with a badass dragon decal on the top.

the keyboard, portability, battery life, and storage are the only things that matter to me on a laptop

my thinkpad allows me to max out all four

It's the most comfortable laptop to do work on. If you have to have a laptop that serves as a workstation and personal computing, Thinkpad is the way to go.

I believe it is a registry edit, or you can go into the same menu where you choose between performance or visual features.

google windows disable font smoothing