U jelly fags?

u jelly fags?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.redflagdeals.com/ongoing-deal-discussion-f129/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really desu

my google fiber

maybe of that upload, sure.
How much do you pay your college for that privilege ? because this is my home internet.

Yes

lmao 3rdworlder

>look mom, im shitposting

try harder

Welcome to France

>dat ping
git gud negro

I'm in Ottawa. Who's your provider and how much for that?

Rogers, $100 month and includes digital VIP tv too

Bell's fiber to the home is superior but its roll out is super shit, AFAIK its only available in a handful of condos in downtown toronto, everyone outside of that is SOL.

>tv
It's 2016

Pretty jelly yeah however 60 down is pretty comfy IMO

it was included in the price as a package deal

Yes

I've said it several times, above say 100mbit it becomes kind of pointless, seeing those kinds of speeds is not an everyday thing.

More upload would be prefered desu, but that is DOCSIS for you

>VIP tv

Lmao

Hmm, I don't think we pay that much less for our Bell Internet/TV package and I only get 30 Mbps (50 max advertised). I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

If I had above 100 Mbps, I'd go back to Usenet.

it was a very limited time promotion.

It was only supposed to be available in certain areas ( like a dozen condos in toronto) where Bell had installed their fiber lines and was offering a deal like that. Rogers had to stay competitive and offer the same.

Except what happened was the CSRs at Rogers had no idea that it was only select areas that were supposed to get the offer, and so everyone was calling into trying to get it.
It was a free for all for like 3 days and then it was shut down.

Your best chances right now is to call retentions and negotiate.
check out the right thread (bell or rogers )
forums.redflagdeals.com/ongoing-deal-discussion-f129/

I had usenet back in the back, I still have a block account with several hundred gigabytes.
The problem is the indexers are shit these days, the glory days for usenet piracy was nzbmatrix.
There still do exist some indexers, but the good ones are very hard to get into.

Thanks for the info, man. Much appreciated.

I remember nzbmatrix from when I had an account. Sad to hear the situation now. Do you know why this happened? I personally stopped using it because torrents really are more convenient. No dealing with corruption and hoping you have all the par files and shit.

Yeh....

nzbmatrix just got too popular and was stomped out with a very large DMCA request from film studios.
nzbmatrix was still taking 'donations' up to the day they shut down , that was dick move.

I tried to use a few indexers a while back and I found the process more time consuming than to just download a torrent.
indexers these days obscure the file names, so public indexers are useless since say zootopia might be named JKHBNFDH.mkv and you will never find it.
The failure point for usenet becomes the indexers, which is exactly what we saw happen with nzbmatrix and others.
Sure, they might claim that they don't host the files and so they should be allowed to stay up, but then it becomes trivial to just tell the Usenet providers to remove the files.

The torrent system is much more robust and cannot be taken down as easily.

Meh I only got 10 meg down, 1meg up. All I need and blazing fast from what I used to have which was Dial-up at 28.8 kbps. Yes, Dial-up. Was able to dump it when I finally moved in 2014

Interesting. I know my Dad still uses Usenet and I remember him mentioning recently that it's getting harder to find things.

>anything beyond 100mbps
>boasting

This, the human brain can only handle about 74-77 Mb/s anyway

yeah time to abandon it.
Files are easy to take down, they eventually expire , usenet access typically costs money.

couch potato + sabnzb was awesome, but you can achieve the same thing with torrents and RSS feeds these days.

I never hear any mention of people using usenet for piracy anymore, it exists in its own enclave, but for the most part its just on life support at this point.

30/25 megabits/s according to speedtest, however, i have never actually seen that in the real world, have only just barely hit 16 and that was while torrenting, so it wasn't "one connection" but hundreds of small ones, on most outbound transfers it peaks at ~8-10