sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
steamdb.info/linux/
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph/videos
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actually most of my gaming is done on a FreeBSD based OS

>there are people here that play games

Linux is the way and the light friend. You might need to confess your sins against kernel, heretic. There may yet be time to save you. Repent sinner.

I do. Problem?

Nothing wrong with gaming on Linux if the games you like support it.

Sup Forums is just bitter because they have to slave away being code monkeys and don't have time to play video games anymore. They see gamers come on Sup Forums, get salty, and start spewing bullshit about how worthless video games are and how anyone who plays them is a child. Half the fucking computer tech we discuss here is only meaningful to gamers.

NO TUX, NO BUX

You can't play games with just a kernel.
Im pretty sure you need an operating system.

So what? I'll play games on whatever I can get to run them.

>tfw

>Sup Forums is just bitter
you sound like a 12 yo bitter nancy fag

I play three games: cs:go, civ5 and FTL. All work beautifully on linux. I've been using linux for the past 11 years, why should I switch?

I haven't used linux since I bought my first Mac - you guys have no idea how bad the support was in ye old days.

>Not enjoying libre /vr/ classics like quake

About a third of my steam library is Linux games. I play what I want on whatever OS I feel like using. Why do you care?

>Half the fucking computer tech we discuss here is only meaningful to gamers.
>we
The people, like me, who are pissed that children from Sup Forums are shitting up our board are not the ones participating in the endless, meaningless threads full of faggots masturbating about AMD or Nvidia, competing to be the best possible consumer. Those threads are a hostile occupation by Sup Forums. Fuck off with your "we"; none of us want them here.

>there are people here that play video games and are over the age of 16

>there are people that think there's anything wrong with that

I play dota2 in gnu/linux

u mad?

>there are people that have fun with non productive activities
>there are some people that define productivity based on value

>playing games
>mindlessly and unproductively wasting your time

>he enjoys movie, music, anime and shitposting on an anonymous image board
>BUT HOW DARE SOMEONE PLAY GAMES

>he enjoys sex even though its unproductive and has no value

>Sup Forums
>sex

Reading books, watching anime/TV/movies, playing games, going out for drinks with people, having sex, it's all the same shit. You're just killing time until you die. Just let people enjoy themselves how they want while they can. How do you even define "productive" when it's something totally objective? I spent the entire day doing nothing but browsing this shithole and organizing the crap that has built up in my downloads folder over the past several months, and I considered it a pretty productive day.

so is posting on 4babies

>Not selling your belongings, moving to the wilds in Asia and studying the body and mind in solitude.
You are literally the problem

Linux is an operating system you retard.

>Since its inception 20 years ago, the Linux operating system has become the most widely used software in the world.
>the Linux operating system
From their own official website
linuxfoundation.org/

>.app

>continuing our species
>unproductive
:^)

works fine for me senpai

How do I get linux up and running, and what distro do I use?

I tried to put it on a flash drive once and it didn't work so I just gave up and never got back around to it.

Well for beginners I would try Trisquel, for more advanced users, Debian, for power users, Parabola. If your hardware doesnt work for that then install Xubuntu

Use this to load the .iso file of the OS you want onto your USB drive:
sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Download an OS, I suggest Fedora to start since it'll be applicable to RHEL if you plan to move into more interesting stuff in the future. Debian also is good to try to start. Complete beginner? Try Ubuntu or Mint (Mint is like Ubuntu or Debian, just has some slight twists that make it starter friendly)

If you want some fun go BSD

>Half the fucking computer tech we discuss here is only meaningful to gamers.
The majority of the computer industry has nothing to do with gaming. Faggot.

yeah, why not? also my operative system practically has not restrictions, provides a lot of transparency and gives me access to a lot of useful programs ootb. Also it's pretty customizable.
steamdb.info/linux/
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph/videos
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93

>code monkeys MUST like what I like whether they like it or not!!!

>Sup Forums is just bitter because they have to slave away being code monkeys and don't have time to play video games anymore
Not really, I get 3-4 days off depending on the week. Between Windows 10 and degraded story lines I'm not interested anymore.

>there are people here

we need to go deeper

Damn straight.

I do
wot u goin to about it fagot?

>Sup Forums
>thinking anyone here is over the age of 16

i dont like many vidyagaymes but i gotta play some 2hu every now and then. The main games play fine under wine but the fighting games have some problems

Use plain 'ol Ubuntu if you want things to work, then advance through there. But if Windows works for you, go on and use it. Windows keeps guys like me in business

>steam for linux have suprisingly large game library
>if not, wine runs pretty much all of

>shared libraries across the entire system
>we can't update that yet some other program still needs the old library
>new version on hold until we can fix everything up for two versions at once

>most widely
>most
>widely
>0.1% market share
>most
>widely

>How do you even define "productive" when it's something totally objective?
Stopped reading there, you're either 15 or a pajeet.

>there are wilds in Asia

HURR DURR WINDOWS SHIT LINUX GOOD

Yeah, having 30 Visual C++ installations it's the right way